Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TellTale shut down, TWD: The Final Season cancelled

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited September 2018 in Off Topic Chat
I guess it's true that you can't string your audience for so long. :/:/
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    NOOOOOoooo :'( Clementine! A.J.! I knew they fired most of their staff but I still thought "surely they kept enough people around to finish Walking Dead.. RIGHT? :o
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I don't play many of their games but I know TWD was insanely popular. R.I.P.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I haven't really been paying much attention to TellTale in terms of how well or not they are doing. I have read what happened and it's unfortunate, but I would like to think with the remaining developers/staff left they will try to do everything they can to attempt to get TWD:FS finished.

Can't say much for any of the other games but I would imagine they would focus on just one game at time and after TWD I would guess season 2 of TWAU. But hopefully at the very least they will be able to complete TWD. It's 50% done and I'm still going to download and play Suffer the Children.

Not sure what's going on but I'll guess they are going back to being a small sized team of developers than taking on so much more than they can handle. Or something like that, I have no idea.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I haven't really been paying much attention to TellTale in terms of how well or not they are doing. I have read what happened and it's unfortunate, but I would like to think with the remaining developers/staff left they will try to do everything they can to attempt to get TWD:FS finished.

Can't say much for any of the other games but I would imagine they would focus on just one game at time and after TWD I would guess season 2 of TWAU. But hopefully at the very least they will be able to complete TWD. It's 50% done and I'm still going to download and play Suffer the Children.

Not sure what's going on but I'll guess they are going back to being a small sized team of developers than taking on so much more than they can handle. Or something like that, I have no idea.

Currently, they're working on Minecraft: Story Mode

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Minecraft: Story Mode? Really, now. Though, I did recently get into Minecraft for the Nintendo Switch, I like it. But have not played TellTale's version. To be honest, I tried their Guardians of the Galaxy demo...not enough gameplay, too much talking and choosing how to respond. The same fate as most of season 2 for TWD which gameplay wise is bad.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe they would choose Minecraft over TWAU which has a little over 50% more discussions at the official forum. And that's only if that was any kind indicator of the overall popularity and success. And TWD has the most. https://telltale.com/community/

Of course, maybe it has to do about their time limits on certain licenses.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Minecraft: Story Mode? Really, now. Though, I did recently get into Minecraft for the Nintendo Switch, I like it. But have not played TellTale's version. To be honest, I tried their Guardians of the Galaxy demo...not enough gameplay, too much talking and choosing how to respond. The same fate as most of season 2 for TWD which gameplay wise is bad.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe they would choose Minecraft over TWAU which has a little over 50% more discussions at the official forum. And that's only if that was any kind indicator of the overall popularity and success. And TWD has the most. https://telltale.com/community/

Of course, maybe it has to do about their time limits on certain licenses.

They have a contract with Netflix which they have to fulfill. Minecraft is 100% being worked on currently and there is a possiblity they might continue The Walking Dead. Check their Twitter.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Okay, thanks. Yeah, there's some hope for TFS at least. Suffer The Children was quite interesting though I died so many times. :D
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I saw on twitter tjat walking dead is still being worked on to complete up to episode 4, something like that. I sure hope so.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2018
    Can't believe they're charging people $20 for only 2 episodes instead of 4/5. Outrageous is what it is.
  • Options
    KatsGamingKatsGaming Posts: 52 Member
    Pepe_Feels :c
  • Options
    Like I figured, they wouldn't let Clementine's story go unfinished. So it's official.
    Skybound_Tweet.png
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”