Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can anybody recommend any mods to improve the gallery create a sim uploads screenshots please?

thanks in advance :)

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    The spam has been removed. Carry on!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Do you mean custom gallery poses?

Like these?
    http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4gallery poses

Hi Afai1261 :)

I think so, not very familiar with CAS poses. do these poses work if i just put them in the mods folder?
    do i need the pose player for CAS poses?

I really want to add a better face pick. I've seen a number of uploads with better face shots on the gallery. do these poses improve the basic face shots on sims uploads please?

thank you. :)
    EA_Cian wrote: »

thank you for opening the thread :)

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited September 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Do you mean custom gallery poses?

Like these?
    http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4gallery poses

Hi Afai1261 :)

I think so, not very familiar with CAS poses. do these poses work if i just put them in the mods folder?
    do i need the pose player for CAS poses?

I really want to add a better face pick. I've seen a number of uploads with better face shots on the gallery. do these poses improve the basic face shots on sims uploads please?

thank you. :)
    EA_Cian wrote: »

thank you for opening the thread :)

You will need to download the Pose Player in order to use Gallery Poses. I tried to find an easy to follow, tutorial:
    edited to remove this line :):) I was wrong.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icWVaHqYlBA
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited September 2018
    I just download poses from tumblr pages that have ones I like, then move the files to my mods folder. You make use of the poses the same way you do the default poses - by randomising the portrait until you get to the one you want.

I don't have pose player downloaded, and have no issues using gallery poses. However, I only use poses for the first picture of my uploaded sims. I believe if you want to change the second picture as well, or use poses in-game, you need pose player. Might be wrong about it being needed for the second picture, though.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the info guys.I do appreciate it :) what I can't seem to find is the close up of the head shots. I see lots of sims in the gallery with a better close up head shot.

now when I install the poses, I get the option of new poses, but the first head shot is still basic one.

any advise please?

do I need a particular type of pose for the close up head shot?

thank you :)

• Options
    You can only control the main picture of the Sim. The others are assigned at random. So, if you want an up close face picture for your main picture, you need an up-close pose. The video I linked shows how to filter through your poses to get the one you want to use. I guess people get lucky with the other pictures.
  • Options
    I found a website that said to get the second picture, they have to save their Sim several times until the pose they want shows up. Then they delete all the saves they don't want.
  • Options
    TheOtherHannahTheOtherHannah Posts: 76 Member
    @Bananas_45 Yeah I was wondering about this too... Unfortunately you just have to shuffle over and over. I wish there was an easier way :(
    -H