March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Tha
    Cinebar wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I agree we should stick to the subject of the OP, but I wonder (and only she can confirm that) if everybody understands really what Cinebar is trying to say with her OP. Which by the way takes Sims 2 as a comparison example, not 3. And the comparison isn’t quality - which indeed is personal preference - but quantity. If I may quote a post that summarizes it perfectly (earlier in this topic):
    I think if the game doesn’t feel complete by four years old, there is something wrong. I also wonder how complete it will feel in three years (assuming we get three years worth of content)
    That’s the subject here, not ‘I don’t like’.

Yes, exactly what you said. That was the point for this thread. After four years, TS4 still feels pretty empty, especially in the area of any new aspirations and or traits, or newer emotions, and life time rewards as compared to TS2 or even worse compared to TS3. It's just so empty after four years it's hard to think I would spend more money and wait and wait and wait, another three years for it to be fuller. I'm looking forward to see what happens with a new game they seemed to be going to build. I might like it better.

The Sims 4 hasn't felt empty to me since we got the Toddler patch in January 2017. That's when I considered the base game to be finally complete.

People are going to have the same complaint about Sims 5 if/when it gets here -- it's going to feel just as empty when it launches because a base game is simply that, a base for future content. The content doesn't even have to be paid content -- maybe a player just buys the base game, then uses CC for additional CASsets or Buy Mode stuf. You have your Sims with their personality traits (whether you use a trait system like Sims 3 or 4 or go more with a points system in various categories like Sims 1 and 2), CAS to make them look unique, the world(s) they live in, jobs so they can earn money, and things for Sims to do when they're not out earning money (skillbuilding, entertainment etc.). The life stages should feel fully developed, with their own motivations. Interactive babies that can be played with and give them a head start on development, toddlers developing basic skills, children starting their school career and making friends outside the house without parental assistance, teens testing the limits on what they can and can't do, YAs learning to balance career and fun and perhaps starting their families, adults focused more on career and family and less on partying, and elders who have more to their lives than waiting for Grimmy to show up.

Players also have differing ideas of what would make their game complete. For some, it's the "realism" packs like Generations/Parenthood. Others want the adventure type packs -- World Adventures, Jungle Adventure, Bon Voyage. Still others want the quirky, like adding magic to the game, or supernaturals like vampires or aliens. Still others want content that can fill in for what they missed in their lives; players without families might appreciate a pack like Parenthood, or if they couldn't go to college they'll want a University pack so their Sims can have a better life than they did themselves. The Sims series makes room for all different sorts of playstyles, unlike many other games out there with specific goals set by the game. Players also want new content, or new twists on old themes. Take a look at all the threads in Ideas Corner and you'll see there are a lot of potentials there. Some of them might not be possible now, but they could be added as potential Sims 5 ideas. I personally would love a pack to improve the current education system -- not just University, but learning at all levels, and the ability to create custom schools with a system similar to the GT club system.

We don't know that. EA may take a totally different direction in a few years, and may not want to be a 'service' anymore but a game company again. That would mean a fuller base, and no longer the model of how they released TS4 content.

Or heck, they might decide we are the product like FB and Google's business model and we get even more ads all over our pcs, and inside the game. I have no idea, but I can't say yet, the TS5 base would be empty, maybe it wouldn't. I like to dream.

Looking at all the ideas section doesn't show any more enthusiam for this game than it did for the others at this point in time. Maybe less, if I went back and compared the category with the older sites, ideas/wish lists and or count thread subjects on the older sites. I might actually see a little less interest actually here on the forum and that may be because people post over on twitter etc. But still, three more years, to shore up what is missing, to some, seems a little bit long to me. If I stick to my topic and think about by this point we were all waiting on a new game, and though we didn't want an old game to end, we knew it probably should. They can still be played so no one has to stop playing, until EA no longer supports their game anymore, and let's go of the gallery server etc. I assume that server stays up a few more even when TS4 ends.

You talk about potentials in ideas. It's four years later. Potential is while you are young. If TS4 was a life form, it would be way past middle age, if compared to the other games and their content. Maybe around sixty or so years old. This being the fourth year of it's life, it would be nearing 70+ and it didn't deliver what it was charged to do as far as some players are concerned. But EA and devs may think it has, well, it probably did in the finance area, but as far as players are concerned (some of us) it is in it's old age, and hasn't done much since the day it was born.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    I think as long as some of the features are limited (like not being able to have a home business or being able to cook at your own restaurants, etc), and the Sims AI is lackluster (reactions, inconsistent traits, etc), then for me Sims 4 will always be a limited Sims game.

I still love playing it, but that doesn’t make me blind to the lack of content and certain features.

However, I still want Sims 4 to get some more content before we move on. Hopefully in that time, Sims 5 will have taken feedback and make improvements.

But I am still enjoying the game regardless (none of the Sims games are perfect), and I still want some more content. I want the Company to at least make up for their mistakes and keep supporting us who have invested in this iteration, just for a little bit while we wait for the next one.

At the very least, give us some bug fixes before leaving it. If they can’t fix their previous game, then I am skeptical about Sims 5 being less buggy.

(And yes, I will keep buying Sims 4 content, if I like it. Don’t bother shaming me for that. It’s a free country.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I'm very excited to hear that we will be getting more time with TS4 because I really enjoy playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I can fully admit it did have a pretty rough start with the tons of the missing content from the base game. However, I feel that the Sims Team did a great job patching in a lot of the missing; which make the game feel much more complete to me. The addition of toddlers really resolved the majority of my concerns with TS4. I've got my fingers crossed that they will also patch in Burglar and Firefighter NPCs before they're done.

For my playstyle, that's the only things that makes the base game feel slightly incomplete still.
    edited September 2018
    I think as long as some of the features are limited (like not being able to have a home business or being able to cook at your own restaurants, etc), and the Sims AI is lackluster (reactions, inconsistent traits, etc), then for me Sims 4 will always be a limited Sims game.

I still love playing it, but that doesn’t make me blind to the lack of content and certain features.

However, I still want Sims 4 to get some more content before we move on. Hopefully in that time, Sims 5 will have taken feedback and make improvements.

But I am still enjoying the game regardless (none of the Sims games are perfect), and I still want some more content. I want the Company to at least make up for their mistakes and keep supporting us who have invested in this iteration, just for a little bit while we wait for the next one.

(And yes, I will keep buying Sims 4 content, if I like it. Don’t bother shaming me for that. It’s a free country.)

There was no need for your last comment. I love The Sims and it's franchise. It's helped me learn a lot of things I would have thought I would never learn. Even about how my pc works and or what all those zeros and ones mean. It's been a great ride in this series. The Sims series has been a great tool and learning experience in so many areas of why we did this or that, or why we used a program or a different program or why we researched this or that, I can't think of another series that might have inspired people to branch out and find out things about things they would normally have no interest about. TS series as a whole has a lot to be proud about. It bothers me when they mock their own previous games, because they really have no idea how those games inspired people to branch out and learn and do things or learn about technology they had no idea they were inspiring. And I don't mean gaming technolgy as the only thing people learned to do because of the series and because of the mother of necessityinvention.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    One thing you for get to add Ed - was them just talking about starting a new game still makes that games appearing still 4 or more years before it even comes out. So no matter what Sims 4 hs at least 3-4 more years of content coming regardless.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Tha
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I agree we should stick to the subject of the OP, but I wonder (and only she can confirm that) if everybody understands really what Cinebar is trying to say with her OP. Which by the way takes Sims 2 as a comparison example, not 3. And the comparison isn’t quality - which indeed is personal preference - but quantity. If I may quote a post that summarizes it perfectly (earlier in this topic):
    I think if the game doesn’t feel complete by four years old, there is something wrong. I also wonder how complete it will feel in three years (assuming we get three years worth of content)
    That’s the subject here, not ‘I don’t like’.

Yes, exactly what you said. That was the point for this thread. After four years, TS4 still feels pretty empty, especially in the area of any new aspirations and or traits, or newer emotions, and life time rewards as compared to TS2 or even worse compared to TS3. It's just so empty after four years it's hard to think I would spend more money and wait and wait and wait, another three years for it to be fuller. I'm looking forward to see what happens with a new game they seemed to be going to build. I might like it better.

The Sims 4 hasn't felt empty to me since we got the Toddler patch in January 2017. That's when I considered the base game to be finally complete.

People are going to have the same complaint about Sims 5 if/when it gets here -- it's going to feel just as empty when it launches because a base game is simply that, a base for future content. The content doesn't even have to be paid content -- maybe a player just buys the base game, then uses CC for additional CASsets or Buy Mode stuf. You have your Sims with their personality traits (whether you use a trait system like Sims 3 or 4 or go more with a points system in various categories like Sims 1 and 2), CAS to make them look unique, the world(s) they live in, jobs so they can earn money, and things for Sims to do when they're not out earning money (skillbuilding, entertainment etc.). The life stages should feel fully developed, with their own motivations. Interactive babies that can be played with and give them a head start on development, toddlers developing basic skills, children starting their school career and making friends outside the house without parental assistance, teens testing the limits on what they can and can't do, YAs learning to balance career and fun and perhaps starting their families, adults focused more on career and family and less on partying, and elders who have more to their lives than waiting for Grimmy to show up.

Players also have differing ideas of what would make their game complete. For some, it's the "realism" packs like Generations/Parenthood. Others want the adventure type packs -- World Adventures, Jungle Adventure, Bon Voyage. Still others want the quirky, like adding magic to the game, or supernaturals like vampires or aliens. Still others want content that can fill in for what they missed in their lives; players without families might appreciate a pack like Parenthood, or if they couldn't go to college they'll want a University pack so their Sims can have a better life than they did themselves. The Sims series makes room for all different sorts of playstyles, unlike many other games out there with specific goals set by the game. Players also want new content, or new twists on old themes. Take a look at all the threads in Ideas Corner and you'll see there are a lot of potentials there. Some of them might not be possible now, but they could be added as potential Sims 5 ideas. I personally would love a pack to improve the current education system -- not just University, but learning at all levels, and the ability to create custom schools with a system similar to the GT club system.

We don't know that. EA may take a totally different direction in a few years, and may not want to be a 'service' anymore but a game company again. That would mean a fuller base, and no longer the model of how they released TS4 content.

Or heck, they might decide we are the product like FB and Google's business model and we get even more ads all over our pcs, and inside the game. I have no idea, but I can't say yet, the TS5 base would be empty, maybe it wouldn't. I like to dream.

Looking at all the ideas section doesn't show any more enthusiam for this game than it did for the others at this point in time. Maybe less, if I went back and compared the category with the older sites, ideas/wish lists and or count thread subjects on the older sites. I might actually see a little less interest actually here on the forum and that may be because people post over on twitter etc. But still, three more years, to shore up what is missing, to some, seems a little bit long to me. If I stick to my topic and think about by this point we were all waiting on a new game, and though we didn't want an old game to end, we knew it probably should. They can still be played so no one has to stop playing, until EA no longer supports their game anymore, and let's go of the gallery server etc. I assume that server stays up a few more even when TS4 ends.

You talk about potentials in ideas. It's four years later. Potential is while you are young. If TS4 was a life form, it would be way past middle age, if compared to the other games and their content. Maybe around sixty or so years old. This being the fourth year of it's life, it would be nearing 70+ and it didn't deliver what it was charged to do as far as some players are concerned. But EA and devs may think it has, well, it probably did in the finance area, but as far as players are concerned (some of us) it is in it's old age, and hasn't done much since the day it was born.

Never said that the Ideas Corner showed enthusiasm for the game (but if the game is as bad as some people claim, why bother?) just that there are possibilities for new content if the developers peek in now and then. And Twitter/Facebook are quite active with Simmers; some just don't have the time to sit down and write a post when they can simply Tweet a screenshot or a link to a Gallery build, but considering some of the more toxic posts on the forums I don't blame people for sticking to social media.

As for the gallery server, the Sims 3 Store and Exchange are still available even 4 years after the game ended, though they could shut those down once Sims 5 releases and keep supporting Sims 4 with the Gallery even after they stop patching the main game other than for game-killing bugs (like insta-crashes and the like).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

There was no need for your last comment. I love The Sims and it's franchise. It's helped me learn a lot of things I would have thought I would never learn. Even about how my pc works and or what all those zeros and ones mean. It's been a great ride in this series. The Sims series has been a great tool and learning experience in so many areas of why we did this or that, or why we used a program or a different program or why we researched this or that, I can't think of another series that might have inspired people to branch out and find out things about things they would normally have no interest about. TS series as a whole has a lot to be proud about. It bothers me when they mock their own previous games, because they really have no idea how those games inspired people to branch out and learn and do things or learn about technology they had no idea they were inspiring. And I don't mean gaming technolgy as the only thing people learned to do because of the series and because of the mother of necessityinvention.

I don't see the references to past games as mocking -- I see them more as an homage. I've often wondered if the whim to build a pool at least 1x1 is a veiled reference to the late Skip Broke, husband of Brandi and father to Dustin, Beau and a Broke To Be, who mysteriously drowned in a 1x1 pool back in Sims 2.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018

I don't see the references to past games as mocking -- I see them more as an homage. I've often wondered if the whim to build a pool at least 1x1 is a veiled reference to the late Skip Broke, husband of Brandi and father to Dustin, Beau and a Broke To Be, who mysteriously drowned in a 1x1 pool back in Sims 2.
    I’ve seen official tweets that were anything but a homage. Cinebar is completely right there.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2018
    YES! There will be no other game for at Least 4-5 years or longer when EA has their S.E.E.D. system ready - so of course this one needs to continue. I am now pretty sure it was their plan all along.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    YES! There will be no other game for at Least 4-5 years or longer when EA has their S.E.E.D. system ready - so of course this one needs to continue. I am now pretty sure it was their plan all along.

What is S.E.E.D

Oh hamburgers!
    edited September 2018
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

What is S.E.E.D

According to Andrew Wilson - The Future of Gaming.... They have been working on it for the last 7-8 years and it is expected to be ready in the next 4-5 years. But all their AAA games will use it. We and all our devices will be connected to it and each other and we will play any of our games anywhere on all our favorite devices.

Andrew Revealed it this year but he has been talking about it a few years at stock holders meeting and certain Earning calls and such over the last few years. He's been doing quite a number of interviews and such about it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited September 2018
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm really interested in how they use SEED. It's a really amazing commercial. Not sure it will be used for the future Sims but for me I'm really intrigued.
    Besides it sounds like the commercial you hear in so many scary movies before AI takes the world over. Hehe..
    egTcBMc.png
    edited September 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm really interested in how they use SEED. It's a really amazing commercial. Not sure it will be used for the future Sims but for me I'm really intrigued.
    Besides it sounds like the commercial you hear in so many scary movies before AI takes the world over. Hehe..

LOL. I thought the same thing when I first saw it. LOL.

But Andrew has been talking a bit about this for quite a while and has a team working on this quite some time now. They did not reveal it until last year openly - so I am glad they are finally putting out a lot more info about it out there. At least now I can finally visualize some of what he was talking about all this time. Before it was nothing I could wrap my head around at all. LOl.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited September 2018
    I stand by what I said earlier in this topic. Its been four years. Four years and I still see people say things like "It has potential" - After four years it hasn't reached its potential there is something wrong. Even with Seasons the game still feels like its missing something. I realise that's a personal thought but I know from speaking to other simmers they share that view. Of course they are others that don't share that opinion and that's fine.

If the game ended tomorrow, it wouldn't feel complete. That's for me what it comes down to. I don't want carbon copies of previous features but I don't want features coming back individually or thrown in with a "twist" that becomes more of a hindrance than a help. I think the way the game is set up it will always leave people wanting more. A quick glance at the threads saying they are unhappy with not having any dlc to buy that month proves that even when we get content that feeling of "I just got a new pack and its super exciting" doesn't last that long. I think it will always feel like a game that is missing something.

I agree... Well put :)

This post was never meant to be about shaming simmers for buying TS4 content. Its just lightly comparing the content of TS2 after 4 years to TS4 after 4 years and, in reference to the comparison, if simmers believe (in their own opinions may I add) the game should continue on for at least 3 more years. Where are you getting the idea someone is going to shame you for spending YOUR money on the game?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited September 2018

There was no need for your last comment.

For me, personally, I do feel I need to add that disclaimer, because I sometimes get the vibe or feeling that I (and other Sims 4 lovers) should be ashamed to be fans of such a lackluster iteration in some parts of this large forum.

And, yes, I will still want Sims 4 to add some more content for the next few years, because I know that support and new content would stop for Sims 4 quickly once the new iteration settles in. I want some new content to play with and maybe even some bug fixes before they kill off the support and stop making the new content for this game.

Edited to add: I’m interested in a Sims 5, but I’m still in Sims 4, and I just want a little more content and bug fixes/support before the company starts pulling the plug on it before the flashy new one starts getting the full attention.

If Sims 4 didn’t sell and causes the company to move on due to that practical reason, then I’m fine with that. However, it sounds like Sims 4 is selling good enough for the company wanting to add a little bit more content and fixes for it. (I think?) If it’s selling, then I am having hope for more content, especially a few content bits I’m still waiting for (beach/island, mermaids, maybe oceans, and sports/hobbies).
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    Can we please stick to talking about the game and the franchise? None of this is personal or meant for people to feel ashamed. Nor does this topic or Cinebar suggest it is. This topic adresses a game, not people, so please don’t turn it into something personal when it’s not.
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

What is S.E.E.D

According to Andrew Wilson - The Future of Gaming.... They have been working on it for the last 7-8 years and it is expected to be ready in the next 4-5 years. But all their AAA games will use it. We and all our devices will be connected to it and each other and we will play any of our games anywhere on all our favorite devices.

Andrew Revealed it this year but he has been talking about it a few years at stock holders meeting and certain Earning calls and such over the last few years. He's been doing quite a number of interviews and such about it.
    If that’s true then woot woot I won’t even want to play their game. I don’t want to be connected to anyone when I play. It’s the very reason why I still play Sims 3 with patch 1.67. Having to play Sims 4 through Origin is as far as I’ll go.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited October 2018

A lot of what I said in this post I no longer feel, also I think I like the Direction that EA is going. Why? Oct 2, changed my mind, and really before that. Now I am thinking much more positive, on the way they are keeping the Sims 4 to add more content, I see that they are truly making it better and I am all for that.
    Sorry to my kind supporters. you are free to remove as you please. it's not your fault.

This is when I tell myself noo don't comment on this one. Looks in the mirror to calm me down. :#
    :|
    I feel all simmers are family, everything that they do is happening to all of us as a group. (wait this is about PC simmers everyone else cover your ears/eyes)
    I feel bad when people think of this game as an investment, it's not, we are just paying our money at the front door and it's blowing out the back door and we will never see returns.
    I just wish they would sell completed games so that we do not have to keep paying and paying for more content to be added when it would have been easy to complete the game in the first place but since they now have us on this money train of our money going, going gone, to keep playing.
    Worst we cannot even cut off Origin and say ok I have invested enough I want to cut the umbilical cord of Origin and just play my game as it is, But we can not ever, ever be without that in our computer. Ouch, Really.? I did not know this when I came to play in 2016. That hurt when I found out I had to re-install Origin. If I knew I would have put the game back on the shelf and moved on.

But for the people, simmers that love it like this more power to you, keep paying years for a game that could have been completed on the day of release.

Going back to @Cinebar's "Question do we need another 3 years of this" buggy "game at 4 years old?", NOOO, and please someone Save us.

Oh, yea they will cut the cord when 5 is being paid for, slowly but surely our costly, costly game will become just a memory too soon. Sure we will start out with good support but yea soon enough we will just stop asking for help and look to buying Sims 5?
    I would rather pay $150.00 upfront for a completed Sims game then hundreds over years like never-ending credit card payments.
    They wonder why us simmers are so passionate over the game, its because we are all paid-out, and we should be listened to on the account of the amount of money we have paid for a game that getting more bugs and not less. We all know it's the end, so all changed, nothing is like it was before now at the end they decide to keep us in the Dark, but why? What are they hiding from us?
    Why do I think they should end Sims 4 in 2019, its because they can, no need to take one year of new things to add and cut it up to create years of content.

This is an open platform and I have the right to express my opinion. but do whatever. my opinion will remain the same.

To the creators of the Sims, you have a right to make money any way you want. You do not force us and we can stop paying and playing any time right, But of course, we already paid so much we will never do that right.
    Yes tease us but do not insult PC users with stretched out content, like having one house with 5 rooms and tell us that's 5 houses. a sprinkle here and there of content insults our intelligence., please give us something we want and that's worth paying for.
    To be frank, I do not believe you would change your plans ever, it does not matter what's said on this forum. Sims 4 is a done deal, and so is Sims 5 if there is one?
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    edited September 2018
    To get back on topic (and I thought I was answering the topic a few times at this point?), no, I don’t think Sims 4 will ever catch up (and their packs are still missing content and features from past games as well), so it’s fine that they start from scratch with a new (and hopefully better) engine.

And, yes, I agree that Sims 4 is severely lacking in four years compared to the previous games which had much more complete base games and much more meaty packs.

Cool, ok. Got it.

But I am still wanting some more content before they pull the plug and officially transition to the next iteration. I would like a little bit of support before it gets swept away.

(Btw, I’ve never played a sims game during a full transition, so how long was Sims 3 supported before Sims 4 started charging onto the scene? I got the last two expansions for Sims 3 and then didn’t touch Sims 3 again for a long time, and then I saw Sims 4 trailer. Was Sims 3 supported with bug fixes/patches or support during its last years?)

So, yes, I personally want a bit more content or at least, some bug fixes, before they move on.

That’s all I have to say for the topic, and I don’t have anything else to contribute to the topic. Thank you for listening. :smile:
    (She/her)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    One thing you for get to add Ed - was them just talking about starting a new game still makes that games appearing still 4 or more years before it even comes out. So no matter what Sims 4 hs at least 3-4 more years of content coming regardless.

I understand that, and I am fine with going another 3-4 years with TS4. I am hoping that TS5 is in development and that with taking their time on it to do it right, we will see a more complete base game, and hopefully the return of tools that TS4 left out.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the links to info about the s.e.e.d system. I will read those laters, but just off the top of my head, how would a game work and look if it's meant to be played over all systems?

TS4 seems to me it was first designed to be played on a tiny screens. Just by the art style they picked it makes me think yeah, it would look good on a tiny screen that doesn't have enough pixels or power to show detail, so flat paint is o.k. (no textures).

I don't think I would buy into a TS5 that could be played across all platforms, it would be pretty much watered down game if it works that way. Let's hope they also don't think it would be a good idea for a player to log in have their Sim skill or whatever on the player phone, (limited gameplay) then sync that to pc game and update the Sim that way. No thanks, glad they haven't added that feature to TS4, yet, though it was in the description leaks of this game before it was released.

No one has to be ashamed they bought TS4 or played it. I'm it's biggest critic sometimes, not all the time, and I played it for three years. But at some point I gave up on it producing worth while content that would expand the game and the bugs and Origin was too much trouble.

But I think I should pat myself on the back (or maybe I was just naive and silly for wasting money) for lasting as long as I did, when moodlet/buff system is not my idea of The Sims, nor having to beg on hands and knees for a staple like toddlers, or starting the game over and over or repair game so much the server should have just done it for me when I loaded the game, lol, because I was going to have to repair game at some point within a two hour play session. I won't mention the socially forced idea, that dog houses for working dogs is wrong, so no there wouldn't be any. It shouldn't have mattered what gurus thought but what players wanted. It was almost like since someone had never owned a cattle dog, they didn't know it would be a good idea to have a dog house out there in the fields so the working dog could get out of the sun. Take a break, rest, until the cattle go back to a barn. But because of some socially acceptable idea of dog houses are bad they would not be considered. I guess it's better to see all those strays in game and no where to rest. I might have argued which was cruler, if we had known there would be that many strays.

Not saying TS4 hasn't had some good packs, it does, but with each patch they either change the reasons the person bought the pack, or they add something that changes the game entirely of why we bought it. Or they decide any cheats a player might want to use should not be available so they can't skip the forced gameplay in some areas. Or they decide content some players would rather just skip has to be patched in anyway, regardless of the bugs it may cause later. Why give them the headache?

Then instead of two EPs this year (maybe?) or two GPs this year (maybe?) players wait for another three.

@ehaught58 , I have to agree with you, builders drew the short straw and have no attention paid to that area of this game at all, and nothing to cheer about at all.
    edited September 2018

I watched one of the videos. The last link can't be found and no longer exists. I'm confused by this. Agents in games normally mean to me these would be characters in a game the player has no control over. For an MMORPG, I think this would mean (what do I know?nothing) these would work like team mates instead of actual humans as team mates in multiplayer games. They seem to say in this video they would learn, adapt and overcome basically. O.K., though it's more advanced than anything AI has been able to do before, I have to wonder how much of this would work in a game like The Sims series? where we already complain we just sit back and watch TS4 Sims like watching a TV show, where they do whatever they want to do and in TS4 we usually don't have as much control over that as we have had in the past. I wonder how this would help Sims be more human- like in a newer game, or if it would be more annoying. Because in TS4 (though I'm speaking in very simple, uneducated terms about this stuff) we already see cancel doesn't mean stop and freewill off doesn't mean freewill is completely off and in most cases they carry on with whereever they were going for whatever reason unknown to the player.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    If you can replace it by playing its predecessors, then what's the point in shelling out for a fifth one?

What I mean when I say 'replace' is that is there something that would be more advanced? Open World seems more advanced, but it's an engine choice and has limitations.

Well it did back in the day but technology has moved forward.
    edited September 2018

I watched one of the videos. The last link can't be found and no longer exists. I'm confused by this. Agents in games normally mean to me these would be characters in a game the player has no control over. For an MMORPG, I think this would mean (what do I know?nothing) these would work like team mates instead of actual humans as team mates in multiplayer games. They seem to say in this video they would learn, adapt and overcome basically. O.K., though it's more advanced than anything AI has been able to do before, I have to wonder how much of this would work in a game like The Sims series? where we already complain we just sit back and watch TS4 Sims like watching a TV show, where they do whatever they want to do and in TS4 we usually don't have as much control over that as we have had in the past. I wonder how this would help Sims be more human- like in a newer game, or if it would be more annoying. Because in TS4 (though I'm speaking in very simple, uneducated terms about this stuff) we already see cancel doesn't mean stop and freewill off doesn't mean freewill is completely off and in most cases they carry on with whereever they were going for whatever reason unknown to the player.

The last link can be found but the forum keeps changing the last two words of the link to plum.plum. Go to game industry site and search for EA'🐸🐸🐸🐸.E.E.D program.

In dreams - I LIVE!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top