Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not attending after-school clubs :(

Hi all!

I've looked back at the last ten pages or so and couldn't find a similar question.
Okay. So my Sim family have three children, one girl and twins, a boy and a girl. Before the family had the twins, the girl went to her ballet club on Monday's, Tuesdays and Thursdays with no problem. However, after the twins were born and then started school, she wouldn't go. Her sister went with no problem, but she'd stand around outside the school for two sim hours, then cycle home at 5 o'clock with her sister.
Now, she's a teen and the twins are still children. I enrolled her in the Drama and Debate clubs. So she starts at her first day of High School on the Friday and is supposed to have Debate club after school, but she won't go. Instead, she caught the taxi home.

Anyone else having this issue? If yes, has anyone found a way to fix it? It's kind of annoying :(

Thanks in advance!
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• Options
    BattsknoxBattsknox Posts: 1,133 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I thought it was just me! :cry: Same issue, my now teen sim is supposed to be in the art activity, and on those days, she exits the school, sits on the sidewalk and does her homework, then stands around till 4. Same thing as a child with ballet. And If I click on the go to after school activity at that point, it says that she must attend class before activity. :roll:
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, that's exactly what I've been getting. And it's only the eldest. Her sister goes to her ballet class with no problem. It's so irritating :cry:
  • Options
    russiantararussiantara Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Whats wrong is probablly that they dont like that club so they tend to skip it. Just like school. Most sims dont want to go to school, so they skip it. That might be the problem. Im not sure!
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2011
    It has something to do with Field Trips. When they have a field trip day, they don't have their after-school activity, this is normal. However, sometimes they get stuck in permanent field-trip mode, and this causes them to not go to their activities nor take the bus home from school. It also happens if, say you have a teen and a child in the family, if the teen has a field trip but the child does not, the game still sees the child as being on a field trip too, so they don't attend their club.

It's a weird glitch and is kinda random, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Installing twallan's Error Trap will, I believe, correct the issue when you reload the game.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    JuniviJunivi Posts: 6
    edited March 2012
    This is currently happening to my D:< I tried to quit the afterschool activities they were on and then I tried to put them back on and I could only do that to one person! For the other person the "Sign up for afterschool activity" sign isn't there D:< SO IT ACTUALLY MADE IT WORSE! Sigh.It still doesn't work anyway so all that was a waste of time :/
  • Options
    BrittneyBrittney Posts: 9
    edited April 2012
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this. Click on the school lot, save it to the bin, bulldoze the lot, go into the bin, and replace it with the one you just saved to the bin. It should then be saved in the "Show Community lots" tab when you enter "Edit town" mode. :D
  • Options
    2oo922oo92 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited April 2012
    Actuallly it's been like this for me too, and I have five teens at this point. I'm doing a legacy challenge and sometimes it worked other times it didn't. Now it's gotten to the point it won't work at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I've only ever had this issue in Barnacle Bay. Never in any of the other towns. It's probably totally coincidental, but it's not the first time I've had issues only in that world :?
  • Options
    HatakeSageHatakeSage Posts: 884 Member
    edited April 2012
    Whats wrong is probablly that they dont like that club so they tend to skip it. Just like school. Most sims dont want to go to school, so they skip it. That might be the problem. Im not sure!

My daughters went on the school bus to school then appeared somewhere outside the school randomly and didn't go in! THEY WOULDNT GO IN!
    and then they came home, then got in trouble D:
    They keep missing school even though I sent them!
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2012
    I've had the same thing happen to me. I think it's a bug when you have more than one child in school.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    i have noticed if you let them go on field trips and are signed up for after school classes they no longer go to them canceling school trips will keep them going to them.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It's definitely the field trips. I don't think I'm going to let them go on anymore trips, they're messing with the clubs too much :?
  • Options
    AiyoAiyo Posts: 85 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I fixed it, for anyone else experiencing this I installed:

Twallan's OverWatch, and Twallan's Master Controller
    they can be found here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
    (I also have his Story Progression, and Debug Enabler mods installed)

I deleted my cache files, info on how to do that here:
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cac
    he_Files

I loaded my most recent saved game and clicked on a computer in my Sim family's home.
    First I selected NRaas -> OverWatch -> Settings -> Clean up Situations = True.
    Second I selected NRaas -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset Everything.
  • Options
    PrincessGinGin79PrincessGinGin79 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i've tried bulldozing the school and putting it back but my kid is still stuck in field trip mode and won't go to her ballet class like she did before.
  • Options
    JuniorS89JuniorS89 Posts: 120
    edited June 2012
    I'm having this same problem myself. I was able to get both of my children to quit their afterschool activities in scouting, idk if having them resign up will fix it, but I'm gonna try that. If that doesn't work I'll try that replacing the school thing.

I hate mods, so I really don't wanna have to use that solution. They cause too many other problems in my games most of the time, so I refuse to use them. So if this doesn't work I'm gonna need some more help on fixing this problem.
  • Options
    NyiheNyihe Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    All I did was evict the family, add them back in their house, and presto! Try that, see if it works for you. :)
  • Options
    bookhead82bookhead82 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I had this problem. I noticed that it said my teen had a field trip during the school hours. When she was a child I must have said yes to a field trip then she had a Bday and never went because she is now a teen but it is a glitch that excuses her from after school activity's for the unfinished field trip. I fixed this by sending her to boarding school for a day. This cancelled out everything. When she got home from her day in boarding school I resigned her up for after school activities and she went with no problems. Try this for your kids and see if it works.
  • Options
    AcrylicInkAcrylicInk Posts: 395 Member
    edited August 2012
    This always happens to me when the child/teen is going on a school trip but they're late for school the day they're meant to go. Sometimes if they're only a few minutes late it's ok but that hardly ever happens :/
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2012
    OK this is happening to me too all because field trips! I might try that idea Nyihe!
  • Options
    DavzoeiesDavzoeies Posts: 12
    edited September 2012
    this has happened to my two children, the boy went to scout and the girl went to ballet and they went everytime apart from when they had a field trip, they even kept going when the triplets grew up in to children but as soon as the triplets went to boarding school, they wont go anymore and when i click go to afterschool club it says there going and then they just walk out :(
  • Options
    Xan28Xan28 Posts: 1 New Member
    You can fix it by resetting your sim, go ctrl+shift+C then type "ResetSim [enter the kids first name] [enter the kids last name]" then press enter. The kid/teen will go back to their house and then they'll be able to attend afterschool classes
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing @Xan28 :) . Will close the thread here so not to have it necro'd.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top