Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden CAS items

AenmondAenmond Posts: 31 Member
It's been a while since I continue to come across different CAS items which seem to be hidden or are impossible to find unless they appear randomly, in which case they still can't be selected. Here are three of them:

Item nº 1:
VvEoIpP.png

When my sim grew up, from kid to teenager, he was wearing this Spa-day t-shirt. Is it possible to unlock that clothing somehow? I thought that only the employees at the spa could wear it.

Item nº 2:
DfJYMiG.png

Another case is this sim created by Maxis, who is wearing gloves which can't be found in the CAS menu. Why weren't they added with Jungle Adventures?

Item nº 3:
3Nghnm2.png

There's a sim I downloaded from the gallery who's wearing a jacket that's impossible to find unless it shows up randomly, just as I explained at the beginning. What I know is that a very similar jacket was later added in a patch last year.

Apart from that, there is a piece of clothing from Vampires which isn't available in a specific colour. I've always been wondering about it, why is the sim standing beside the Pipe Organ wearing that suit in such colour if it isn't in the game? Could it be that it appears randomly too?
$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

What is it with this sort of items? Could it possibly be that some will be added later? Maybe there's a way to unlock them that I didn't know about. What do you think? Has anything similar happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hi there, thank you for the information and links! So this means that those items are part of the code of the game but were never made accessible.
  • Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    Aenmond wrote: »
    Hi there, thank you for the information and links! So this means that those items are part of the code of the game but were never made accessible.

Yes, each CAS item has a option to make them unavailable in CAS, what my mod does is disabling that option for almost all items (depending on which files you install). For career outfits, the game disables the hide option on items as you are promoted, but most times they remain hidden whatever you do. You can think of my mod as that cheat that allows you to unlock each build mode item, but for CAS instead.

As I made the this mod, I have quite intimate knowledge about this topic, so I can answer your questions above as well:

1) Yes, this is an NPC outfit, and usually there is no way to get access to those in the game.

2) These have actually been in the game from the start, but if you look closely you can see that the upper seam of them is unfinished, that is why they are disabled. I think, but this is only my guess, that they where supposed to be used for the super villain outfit in the secret agent career.

3) This a jacket that, like the gloves, have always been disabled for this game. I have no idea why because I can't find anything wrong with it.

4) Sadly, this item does not exist in the code (actually, it might be possible that the texture exists) and is thus not available at all. They have been better at not including unused content in the game.

If you want to use the items, but don't want to have mods in your game, you can install my mod, add the items you wish to your sims and then remove my mod. This works because the files are already in the game and I don't do anything strange with them. But I wouldn't worry about having my mod in the game, it is very harmless.
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    Hello, it's great to hear from someone who knows about the topic. I really appreciate your detailed and kind answer.
    Perhaps the jacket, although it looks very good as it is, was just an unfinished project that ended up turning into last year's patch jacket.
    Regarding the 4th point, I suppose the vampire's clothing colour was going to be in the game pack, but was then changed into another one, and the developers forgot that it was on a promotional image.
    Anyway, many thanks for the recommendations about your mod, it looks good and I'm thinking about installing it now.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ooh yeah, I've been looking for that spa employee shirt for eons! Last time I checked though none of your unlocking mods ever got past GTW and so I never found any hidden Spa Day clothing found in them, is that right @Fogity ?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    if it didn't previously, it should now I think based on this list of packs covered by the mod
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    @paradiseplanet Yes, that is right. I was away from modding for about three years (After GTW) and updated everything a few weeks ago. I will continue updating now as I have the proper tools developed.
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited October 2018
    Fogity wrote: »
    @paradiseplanet Yes, that is right. I was away from modding for about three years (After GTW) and updated everything a few weeks ago. I will continue updating now as I have the proper tools developed.

Great that you're back to regular modding! :smiley:

It is unfortunate though that Google Drive won't let me download the latest version of the Unlocks, nor anything else on Drive for that matter...

NVM it was one of my web blockers.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    myriahguytonmyriahguyton Posts: 7 New Member
    i know probably not the place but anyone who can make a really good sim like person?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    i know probably not the place but anyone who can make a really good sim like person?

Is it a specific person? If not, use the CAS body parts menus.
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited October 2018
    hi! i’ve been having the same problem - the leather jacket you posted appeared on one of my sims and i really wanted to put it on a different sim but i couldn’t find it

i posted a discussion a month or two ago with more suggestions about what it could be on
    Aenmond wrote: »
    It's been a while since I continue to come across different CAS items which seem to be hidden or are impossible to find unless they appear randomly, in which case they still can't be selected. Here are three of them:

Item nº 1:
    VvEoIpP.png

When my sim grew up, from kid to teenager, he was wearing this Spa-day t-shirt. Is it possible to unlock that clothing somehow? I thought that only the employees at the spa could wear it.

Item nº 2:
    DfJYMiG.png

Another case is this sim created by Maxis, who is wearing gloves which can't be found in the CAS menu. Why weren't they added with Jungle Adventures?

Item nº 3:
    3Nghnm2.png

There's a sim I downloaded from the gallery who's wearing a jacket that's impossible to find unless it shows up randomly, just as I explained at the beginning. What I know is that a very similar jacket was later added in a patch last year.

Apart from that, there is a piece of clothing from Vampires which isn't available in a specific colour. I've always been wondering about it, why is the sim standing beside the Pipe Organ wearing that suit in such colour if it isn't in the game? Could it be that it appears randomly too?
    $_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

What is it with this sort of items? Could it possibly be that some will be added later? Maybe there's a way to unlock them that I didn't know about. What do you think? Has anything similar happened to you?

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @GalaxySimsGirl you need Fogity's mod that rosemow posted earlier in the thread to access that jacket. I have the mod and have for some time now and even when he wasn't updating it never broke with patches. It a really benign mod that gives you access to things already in the game that are other wise hidden in CAS. I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    myriahguytonmyriahguyton Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > myriahguyton wrote: »
    >
    > i know probably not the place but anyone who can make a really good sim like person?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is it a specific person? If not, use the CAS body parts menus.

my grandparents
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have downloaded and installed Fogity's mod and can say that a lot of CAS items have been added. Obvious to find as they are flagged with wrenches. They are scatted instead of concentrated at the top, so you may need to scroll through a category completely. Not to raise any false hopes, but one of the unlocked outfits was the college cheerleader in several colors. One of my sims is now in said outfit.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Not to raise any false hopes, but one of the unlocked outfits was the college cheerleader in several colors. One of my sims is now in said outfit.
    It's from the athlete career and has been there forever. I doubt it's a new hint for University.
  • Options
    PlshelpPlshelp Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know about a short sleeved sweater over a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up? I somehow got it for my sim but now it doesn’t show up in cas even though my sim is wearing it, so I can’t change the color or add it to a different sim. I like it and I’d love to know how to get it. I have a picture of it if anyone can tell me how to post a picture from my phone. Thanks!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Plshelp wrote: »
    Does anyone know about a short sleeved sweater over a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up? I somehow got it for my sim but now it doesn’t show up in cas even though my sim is wearing it, so I can’t change the color or add it to a different sim. I like it and I’d love to know how to get it. I have a picture of it if anyone can tell me how to post a picture from my phone. Thanks!

Could you maybe post a picture of it ?
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »

I know there's a guy top like that, from Dine out, but without a picture I can't really say.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Try removing the male tag in CAS, see if it's perhaps normally a male top.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I know there's a guy top like that, from Dine out, but without a picture I can't really say.

That sweater is from the Cats & Dogs pack. It should be easier to find if you filter for that pack under male then sweaters or button ups.
  • Options
    Is it this ? That one is from Cats and Dogs and is not an unlockable. It's for males, though.

qnldnp.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am still looking for Miko Ojo's beret in CAS. Still, have yet to find it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I am still looking for Miko Ojo's beret in CAS. Still, have yet to find it.

Critic career, art branch I believe
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    The red jacket looks like it was the basks for the rocker jacket they added with the tartan neck print
    Don't get why it's blocked. Looks great.
    Edit: same for the female CL basketball shirt.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    mimi88jpmimi88jp Posts: 6 New Member
    I was wondering, is there any way to make a cas item hidden. where exactly to you apply that setting?