Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Ultimate, how to transfer old files into?

simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
I have the Sims 2 Ultimate and transferred my saved sims, lots, neighborhoods etc but did not touch game files. My old families and lots are not showing up. Did I miss an important file to transfer?
Help please and thanks!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Families in your Neighborhoods aren't showing up?

What neighborhoods did you move?

Where, exactly, did you put the files?

Did you start the game first?
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Hi, Thanks for answering!
    I did not overwrite anything, meaning files by the same name I skipped, but I transferred all saved lots, neighborhoods, downloads.
    i don't know if this matters but I had installed the sims 2 and it would not work, then origin made the download available for ultimate, but that left 2 files in my ea folder one called the sims 2 and one called the sims ultimate. I transferred to the ultimate folder
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Were your files the same as the neighborhood files? You have to start the game, then exit. Then add in any saves you want to add. Or replace the Maxis Neighborhood files (such as N001 etc.) with your own N001. If you don't start the game first, and let it create Maxis files then the game overwrites the ones you added with Maxis files. Always start the game first, then quit, then add your files.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Were your files the same as the neighborhood files? You have to start the game, then exit. Then add in any saves you want to add. Or replace the Maxis Neighborhood files (such as N001 etc.) with your own N001. If you don't start the game first, and let it create Maxis files then the game overwrites the ones you added with Maxis files. Always start the game first, then quit, then add your files.

Thank you!
    One more question, would my families be saved in those neighborhoods? I did not figure out how to package families until the sims 3 came out and then I started playing it.
    I'm having the same problem with the sims 4, I don't know how to back it up.

Thanks for your reply, I will do that.