Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

pets in University?

Is there a mod to get pets and/or children in University? Thanks!

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited September 2018
    You could try using the Travler mod from Nraas. And don't worry about the message at the site as the members from over there will be moving the mods to another website hopefully this weekend.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

Of course I will tag @igazor to this thread so that he can explain who it works and if it works for the Uni pack... :)
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    thank you
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Some clarification on the question is needed here.

Are you trying to have your sims bring their already existing pets and children with them to Uni World when they spend a term there? If so, the Traveler mod is required to unlock that kind of travel for them by way of one of its options. You would then not register for Uni from the homeworld, but instead travel to Uni World as if on vacation with your sims' children and pets. Once there and in the place your travel party will be staying, register for a term by clicking on the Admin Bldg.

Or are you trying to allow other sims in town in Uni World to have pets and children? That's different and a bit fussier to arrange as it requires different mods. Also note that pregnancies in Uni World won't progress while it is being played in so there won't be any births taking place while actually there and the world isn't really set up for resident children unless you edit it to add a school (assuming you would want the townie children to go to school).

Without mods, I'm afraid none of this is possible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    If my sims adopt pets once they get to University, what happens to those pets when they graduate? Do they go back to the home city with the sims or do they stay in the University town? Thank you.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Earcat wrote: »
    If my sims adopt pets once they get to University, what happens to those pets when they graduate? Do they go back to the home city with the sims or do they stay in the University town? Thank you.
    If you have the NRaas Traveler mod and set it to unlock travel for pets, then the pets are part of your household and will return home with your sim(s). If not, then they will get stuck in Uni World and will probably be removed from the game the next time you arrive there because typically there would be no one left in the household on the Uni side to take care of them.

It's not exactly the same as Uni World, but I just had one of my sims adopt his best friend forever (a dog) in Al Simhara and bring him home. They are now very happy together. But without Traveler and the settings change that would not have been possible, I would have had to give the dog away to a local household before returning home if I ever wanted to see him again. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Thank you @igazor for answering this question as I too had wondered about taking kids and/or pets to Uni. I have been playing my SS along with her bf who just had a baby son in the Spring and was thinking about taking them to uni for the Summer semester as I had her take the Spring one off while she was pregnant... :)