Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Hi, everyone!

My name's Katrina, and I got introduced to the Sims by my best friend. My first game was Sims 4 on the PS4, so I'm pretty new, but I'm quickly racking up hours. ^_^;; I've since moved to PC, after getting too impatient to play some packs that probably won't be on the console for a while. (And since getting a computer that isn't running Linux... that was another big factor.)

I love telling stories with my Sims, and I'm currently working on a Sims-themed comic.

Nice to meet you all!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hi, everyone!

My name's Katrina, and I got introduced to the Sims by my best friend. My first game was Sims 4 on the PS4, so I'm pretty new, but I'm quickly racking up hours. ^_^;; I've since moved to PC, after getting too impatient to play some packs that probably won't be on the console for a while. (And since getting a computer that isn't running Linux... that was another big factor.)

I love telling stories with my Sims, and I'm currently working on a Sims-themed comic.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello @katrinasforest :) It is nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It was special that your best friend introduced you to simming <3 It is great that you started simming by playing the console version of Sims 4. It is nice that you are enjoying playing the pc version now also.
    Your sims themed comic that you are working on sounds creatively great! It is enjoyable creating background stories for our sims and seeing how their lives develop in our games.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @rosemow Thanks! The funny thing was, my friend talked about Sims a lot and I never got what was so interesting about it. Then she sat me down at the computer with CAS. I found out the game was coming the console in a few weeks, and that was it. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • jadevkjadevk Posts: 18 Member
    Hello Sim family! I am Jade and The Sims has been my longest love and hobby I've ever had. In a chaotic world, I seek refuge in my completely controlled world where I have everything exactly as I desire. Not only are my worlds entirely built to suit my godlike needs, but I have all my Townies as my favorite celebrities and enjoy watching who spawns for what. Some of my notable favs are Rihanna as the hostess of a winery, Anna of Arendelle is my Bakery sales manager, and Lady Gaga is the most requested Entertainer. You can find me in Windenburg.
    @rosemow Thanks! The funny thing was, my friend talked about Sims a lot and I never got what was so interesting about it. Then she sat me down at the computer with CAS. I found out the game was coming the console in a few weeks, and that was it. :)

You’re welcome @katrinasforest :)
    jadevk wrote: »
    Hello Sim family! I am Jade and The Sims has been my longest love and hobby I've ever had. In a chaotic world, I seek refuge in my completely controlled world where I have everything exactly as I desire. Not only are my worlds entirely built to suit my godlike needs, but I have all my Townies as my favorite celebrities and enjoy watching who spawns for what. Some of my notable favs are Rihanna as the hostess of a winery, Anna of Arendelle is my Bakery sales manager, and Lady Gaga is the most requested Entertainer. You can find me in Windenburg.

Hello @jadevk :) It is nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy simming as a break from real life, and have your simming world set up just as you want it to be. It is great that you have simversions of celebrities as your townies! It would be enjoyable and fun seeing your sims interacting and chatting with these sims! Windenberg is a very nice world!
    Happy simming! :)
  • LadyLakewoodLadyLakewood Posts: 16 Member
    Hello all! I've been a Simmer for nearly two decades, but haven't participated on the forums since back in the heyday of Sims 2. A little about me... I'm the head Earth Mother on a farm in Texas, where I manage a bunch of animals, plants and people. Eveything here is organic and sort of old school, and I'm barefoot in the dirt a lot of the time! lol When not covered in horsehair or busy with chores, I love to Sim. I was a fine arts and literature major, and I love to use the Sims as a vehicle for my creativity. I was a dedicated S2 player for many, many years, and my current project is recreating my beloved S2 founders in S4.
  • MommaBeanMommaBean Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello! I'm a long time Simmer, been playing since Sims 2. I really got involved in the Build N' Share challenges with Sims 3. I took a break shortly after Sims 4 came out but now I'm back!

I'm a wife and mother. I have a 6 year old daughter and I'm 23 weeks pregnant with our boy. I'm looking forward to being active again.
    Hello all! I've been a Simmer for nearly two decades, but haven't participated on the forums since back in the heyday of Sims 2. A little about me... I'm the head Earth Mother on a farm in Texas, where I manage a bunch of animals, plants and people. Eveything here is organic and sort of old school, and I'm barefoot in the dirt a lot of the time! lol When not covered in horsehair or busy with chores, I love to Sim. I was a fine arts and literature major, and I love to use the Sims as a vehicle for my creativity. I was a dedicated S2 player for many, many years, and my current project is recreating my beloved S2 founders in S4.
    Hello @LadyLakewood :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to these forums!
    It is great that you have been simming for nearly twenty years. You would have many happy and treasured memories of fun and
    enjoyable times spent simming over the years :)
    Your life on the farm is very special <3 It sounds very nice, and would be a very nice natural setting and lifestyle for all who live there.
    I hope that your project of recreating your sims 2 sims in Sims 4 goes well.
    MommaBean wrote: »
    Hello! I'm a long time Simmer, been playing since Sims 2. I really got involved in the Build N' Share challenges with Sims 3. I took a break shortly after Sims 4 came out but now I'm back!

I'm a wife and mother. I have a 6 year old daughter and I'm 23 weeks pregnant with our boy. I'm looking forward to being active again.
    Hello @MommaBean :) It is nice to meet you also. Welcome back to simming!
    I hope that you will also enjoy doing the Sims 4 versions of thr Build n Share challenges.
    It is a very special time for you and your family with the upcoming birth of your new little baby! <3 You would especially be enjoying simming as you await the birth of your new precious little child,
  • nycbiglnycbigl Posts: 18 Member
    I am a 51 year old New Yorker with a degree in Fashion Design and Accessories Design but I worked 12 years in a theatrical costume company that made costumes for Broadway shows, operas, ballets and movies. So needles to say that I am a very creative person. Ever since the original Maxis Sims game fist came out I have been obsessed with it. For almost two decades I have been submerging myself during late night hours in a fantasy world that I can pour my creative juices into. For that I thank the creators and all of the people that worked so hard into bringing this awesome entertaining computerized challenge to all of us.
    Recently, I have finally upgrade to a brand new computer with a current OS. My sims game has never been as good. As a result, I decided to up my game and finally start making my own worlds in the Sims 3. Unfortunately, when ever I try to do the "Edit in World" part it won't work. This is why I am here in the forum at this present moment. I am hoping someone can help me find the answers to my problem like they have so generously done before in the past. So here's crossing my fingers and wishing on a lucky star that it will happen. I really do want to be able to finish making a world based on the Burning Man festival that is held once a year in the Black Rock desert in Nevada, USA. I have so far spent days on it and would love to be able to play it.
    If anyone sees and answers my question on the thread I have posted a question on, I THANK YOU so very much. :) <3 :* I am so looking forward to creating something the Sims might not have ever thought of before like creating an art and music festival where you would have to go camping like at Burning Man here in the U.S. or the Glastonbury Festival in England. B) <3
    nycbigl wrote: »
    I am a 51 year old New Yorker with a degree in Fashion Design and Accessories Design but I worked 12 years in a theatrical costume company that made costumes for Broadway shows, operas, ballets and movies. So needles to say that I am a very creative person. Ever since the original Maxis Sims game fist came out I have been obsessed with it. For almost two decades I have been submerging myself during late night hours in a fantasy world that I can pour my creative juices into. For that I thank the creators and all of the people that worked so hard into bringing this awesome entertaining computerized challenge to all of us.
    Recently, I have finally upgrade to a brand new computer with a current OS. My sims game has never been as good. As a result, I decided to up my game and finally start making my own worlds in the Sims 3. Unfortunately, when ever I try to do the "Edit in World" part it won't work. This is why I am here in the forum at this present moment. I am hoping someone can help me find the answers to my problem like they have so generously done before in the past. So here's crossing my fingers and wishing on a lucky star that it will happen. I really do want to be able to finish making a world based on the Burning Man festival that is held once a year in the Black Rock desert in Nevada, USA. I have so far spent days on it and would love to be able to play it.
    If anyone sees and answers my question on the thread I have posted a question on, I THANK YOU so very much. :)<3:* I am so looking forward to creating something the Sims might not have ever thought of before like creating an art and music festival where you would have to go camping like at Burning Man here in the U.S. or the Glastonbury Festival in England. B)<3

Hello @nycbigl :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. It is a very special, enjoyable and fun way to express our creativity, and to enjoy seeing what happens next in the lives of our sims!
    Your work in the theatrical costume company would have been so very enjoyable and special!
    I am sorry that you are having issues with using CAW :( I hope that simmers in that part of the forums will be able to help you, and that you can continue on then enjoying creating the world.
  • BurdBurd Posts: 28 Member
    Hi guys :) I'm Burd, nothing creative, it's my surname hence I figured it'd be worth using that than creating some great facade to enact my renditions of this quite special game! I'll confess, I've only really been playing for a week or so, but I've already been dragged into purchasing all of the expansion packs and Origin will confirm that I've been more or less wholly addicted to The Sims 4 since I first gave it a go (Probably approaching 40 hours in that week).

I've been lurking around multiple areas of this and a few other sites so decided to sign up and try to contribute as the amount of high creativity and immersion in gameplay makes me a little too excited about potential games/stories for the future of my Sims addiction.

Looking forwards I'm going to be attempting a rather long save, starting with the Legacy rules and using some of their concepts, such as heir limitations and financial implications as I've just hit a snag in a save file which I've started out with under those rules, after being consumed for the best part of 10 hours (4 toddlers and 1 baby with 2 parents and a dog is perhaps a little too much for my great inexperience to cope with apparently, who'd of thought it).

Anyway, to say thanks would be null and void at this point as I feel that the inspiration I've been handed to me by this quite amazing community is nothing short of immense, and I can't wait to try and give back in as many ways as possible! I'll cut it short before I get all gushy and cry!

Burd out!
    Burd wrote: »
    Hi guys :) I'm Burd, nothing creative, it's my surname hence I figured it'd be worth using that than creating some great facade to enact my renditions of this quite special game! I'll confess, I've only really been playing for a week or so, but I've already been dragged into purchasing all of the expansion packs and Origin will confirm that I've been more or less wholly addicted to The Sims 4 since I first gave it a go (Probably approaching 40 hours in that week).

I've been lurking around multiple areas of this and a few other sites so decided to sign up and try to contribute as the amount of high creativity and immersion in gameplay makes me a little too excited about potential games/stories for the future of my Sims addiction.

Looking forwards I'm going to be attempting a rather long save, starting with the Legacy rules and using some of their concepts, such as heir limitations and financial implications as I've just hit a snag in a save file which I've started out with under those rules, after being consumed for the best part of 10 hours (4 toddlers and 1 baby with 2 parents and a dog is perhaps a little too much for my great inexperience to cope with apparently, who'd of thought it).

Anyway, to say thanks would be null and void at this point as I feel that the inspiration I've been handed to me by this quite amazing community is nothing short of immense, and I can't wait to try and give back in as many ways as possible! I'll cut it short before I get all gushy and cry!

Burd out!

Hello @Burd :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have started playing The Sims a week or so ago and are enjoying it. Simming is very addictive! Time passes quickly when we are simming! It is great that you have bought all the expansion packs. They add lots of special features, activities, build mode and cas items to the game.
    I hope that your new long save goes very well. Having 4 toddlers, a baby, a dog and the 2 parents would have kept you very busy in your game!
    I hope that will continue to enjoy reading the forum threads , meeting fellow simmers and posting posts on the threads.
  • emilycoolmanemilycoolman Posts: 1 New Member
    hi i'm emily :sunglasses:

i've been playing the sims kind of like forever, and i only recently joined the forums to ask a very important question regarding uhhh permanently singed sims, but i can't seem to make a new thread sooooo i guess i'll introduce myself instead ✨✨

i'm an artist and my favorite things include the color pink, small animals, morally questionable characters, mothering anything that moves slightly, and most importantly, myself :blush:

but seriously there's this townie in my game that's like permanently charred and it's really funny but it's getting kind of old
  • nycbiglnycbigl Posts: 18 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > nycbigl wrote: »
    >
    > I am a 51 year old New Yorker with a degree in Fashion Design and Accessories Design but I worked 12 years in a theatrical costume company that made costumes for Broadway shows, operas, ballets and movies. So needles to say that I am a very creative person. Ever since the original Maxis Sims game fist came out I have been obsessed with it. For almost two decades I have been submerging myself during late night hours in a fantasy world that I can pour my creative juices into. For that I thank the creators and all of the people that worked so hard into bringing this awesome entertaining computerized challenge to all of us.
    > Recently, I have finally upgrade to a brand new computer with a current OS. My sims game has never been as good. As a result, I decided to up my game and finally start making my own worlds in the Sims 3. Unfortunately, when ever I try to do the "Edit in World" part it won't work. This is why I am here in the forum at this present moment. I am hoping someone can help me find the answers to my problem like they have so generously done before in the past. So here's crossing my fingers and wishing on a lucky star that it will happen. I really do want to be able to finish making a world based on the Burning Man festival that is held once a year in the Black Rock desert in Nevada, USA. I have so far spent days on it and would love to be able to play it.
    > If anyone sees and answers my question on the thread I have posted a question on, I THANK YOU so very much. :) <3 :* I am so looking forward to creating something the Sims might not have ever thought of before like creating an art and music festival where you would have to go camping like at Burning Man here in the U.S. or the Glastonbury Festival in England. B) <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @nycbigl :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. It is a very special, enjoyable and fun way to express our creativity, and to enjoy seeing what happens next in the lives of our sims!
    > Your work in the theatrical costume company would have been so very enjoyable and special!
    > I am sorry that you are having issues with using CAW :( I hope that simmers in that part of the forums will be able to help you, and that you can continue on then enjoying creating the world.
    > Happy simming ! :)

Thank you so very much for welcoming me.
    I unfortunately found out through the EA forum that the Create a World just doesn't work for Sims 3 games that were bought after 2012. I bought mine in 2013. Plus now my Create A World is starting to cause my entire computer to crash and turn off completely. It happened twice today. Once before I uninstalled and then reinstalled again and then it crashed a second time after I reinstalled in order to make sure I have the 1.69 version.
    My current computer is brand new. I only got it just a little over a two months ago. I have never had a PC so up to date and with such a current OS before in my life. I have always used older versions before now. I don't want to take any risks in damaging it. So I think I am no longer going to try to use the Create a World tool. I'm too scared for my brand new baby computer. I am going to have to settle with what is already in the game and stop dreaming about creating an entire new world with a new story attached to it.
    Thank you for all of your wishful good thoughts. I will always be grateful to all of you guys.
  • BigL1lBigL1l Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Rosemow, I got Sims 4 at the start of the year, but I've been watching lets plays and builds since I was 10. PLaying Sims is awesome and I love how I can escape to it from the real world. It's really fun to because I have a friend and we video chat and talk about the Sims, which is really awesome considering most of my other friends think gaming is lame.
    Anyway, thanks for the welcome.
  • NiqueseyNiquesey Posts: 5 New Member
    'ello, my name is Monique.

I've been playing the sims.... for a long time; since the introduction of the sims 1. I remember driving my parents crazy, making sure they would buy the games on release. Don't worry; it gave them peace. I play the Sims 2, here and there still create sims custom content. My earliest memory of the Sims would be the creation of Mya Jones. She was a black widow, who married numerous times to get $$ because I didn't know any money cheats and that castle on the hill was very well made.

I like the sims because it allows me to express my creativity. My current neighbourhood alludes the Sleepy Hollow (1999) movie. I like to think it's Johnny Depp approved. I think for most, the sims also acts as a blank canvas.

Thank you for the welcome and welcome to all other new members to the community.
    hi i'm emily :sunglasses:

i've been playing the sims kind of like forever, and i only recently joined the forums to ask a very important question regarding uhhh permanently singed sims, but i can't seem to make a new thread sooooo i guess i'll introduce myself instead ✨✨

i'm an artist and my favorite things include the color pink, small animals, morally questionable characters, mothering anything that moves slightly, and most importantly, myself :blush:

but seriously there's this townie in my game that's like permanently charred and it's really funny but it's getting kind of old

Hello @emilycoolman :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you are an artist. You would enjoy expressing your creativity through your paintings or your sketches. You woukf also like seeing your sims painting pictures in your game also,
    I am sorry that you are having the issue with the charred sim, Try using the “ reset sim” cheat and see if that helps.

Try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    resetSim firstname secondname
    ( replace with his actual first and second names)
    Press enter and see if that helps.

nycbigl wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > nycbigl wrote: »
    >
    > I am a 51 year old New Yorker with a degree in Fashion Design and Accessories Design but I worked 12 years in a theatrical costume company that made costumes for Broadway shows, operas, ballets and movies. So needles to say that I am a very creative person. Ever since the original Maxis Sims game fist came out I have been obsessed with it. For almost two decades I have been submerging myself during late night hours in a fantasy world that I can pour my creative juices into. For that I thank the creators and all of the people that worked so hard into bringing this awesome entertaining computerized challenge to all of us.
    > Recently, I have finally upgrade to a brand new computer with a current OS. My sims game has never been as good. As a result, I decided to up my game and finally start making my own worlds in the Sims 3. Unfortunately, when ever I try to do the "Edit in World" part it won't work. This is why I am here in the forum at this present moment. I am hoping someone can help me find the answers to my problem like they have so generously done before in the past. So here's crossing my fingers and wishing on a lucky star that it will happen. I really do want to be able to finish making a world based on the Burning Man festival that is held once a year in the Black Rock desert in Nevada, USA. I have so far spent days on it and would love to be able to play it.
    > If anyone sees and answers my question on the thread I have posted a question on, I THANK YOU so very much. :)<3:* I am so looking forward to creating something the Sims might not have ever thought of before like creating an art and music festival where you would have to go camping like at Burning Man here in the U.S. or the Glastonbury Festival in England. B)<3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @nycbigl :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. It is a very special, enjoyable and fun way to express our creativity, and to enjoy seeing what happens next in the lives of our sims!
    > Your work in the theatrical costume company would have been so very enjoyable and special!
    > I am sorry that you are having issues with using CAW :( I hope that simmers in that part of the forums will be able to help you, and that you can continue on then enjoying creating the world.
    > Happy simming ! :)

Thank you so very much for welcoming me.
    I unfortunately found out through the EA forum that the Create a World just doesn't work for Sims 3 games that were bought after 2012. I bought mine in 2013. Plus now my Create A World is starting to cause my entire computer to crash and turn off completely. It happened twice today. Once before I uninstalled and then reinstalled again and then it crashed a second time after I reinstalled in order to make sure I have the 1.69 version.
    My current computer is brand new. I only got it just a little over a two months ago. I have never had a PC so up to date and with such a current OS before in my life. I have always used older versions before now. I don't want to take any risks in damaging it. So I think I am no longer going to try to use the Create a World tool. I'm too scared for my brand new baby computer. I am going to have to settle with what is already in the game and stop dreaming about creating an entire new world with a new story attached to it.
    Thank you for all of your wishful good thoughts. I will always be grateful to all of you guys.

You’re welcome @nycbigl :) I am sorry that you are unable to use CAW :(
    BigL1l wrote: »
    Hi Rosemow, I got Sims 4 at the start of the year, but I've been watching lets plays and builds since I was 10. PLaying Sims is awesome and I love how I can escape to it from the real world. It's really fun to because I have a friend and we video chat and talk about the Sims, which is really awesome considering most of my other friends think gaming is lame.
    Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Hello @BigL1l :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you have been simming since the start of this year. You would have enjoyed spending lots of fun and enjoyable hours over these last months playing, creating, and building in the game. It is a great way of taking a break from real life and all that our day and life has been holding.
    It is very special thst you have a friend that is also a simmer and you can both video chat , and have fun talking about the sims in your games.
    Niquesey wrote: »
    'ello, my name is Monique.

I've been playing the sims.... for a long time; since the introduction of the sims 1. I remember driving my parents crazy, making sure they would buy the games on release. Don't worry; it gave them peace. I play the Sims 2, here and there still create sims custom content. My earliest memory of the Sims would be the creation of Mya Jones. She was a black widow, who married numerous times to get $$ because I didn't know any money cheats and that castle on the hill was very well made.

I like the sims because it allows me to express my creativity. My current neighbourhood alludes the Sleepy Hollow (1999) movie. I like to think it's Johnny Depp approved. I think for most, the sims also acts as a blank canvas.

Thank you for the welcome and welcome to all other new members to the community.

Hello @Niquesey :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1, and that you enjoy expressing your creativity through the game. It is great that we can create background details for our sims, then see how their lives develop in our games. We can enjoy bringing out building design and interior furnishing ideas into sims gameform,
    It is great that you are playing Sims 2 anf your neighbourhood reflects the Sleeping Hollow movie.
  • YukaiYukai Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, my name is Yukai and I LOVE the sims I've been playing it since 2012 I believe.

My first game ever was The Sims 3 and I not too long got the expansion pack, University Life, mind you I was like 13.

Loved the game ever since, got The Sims 4 and every expansion pack and play.

Now I'm starting to upload my CAS videos on Youtube and I'm very excited!!
  • Sulliven9703Sulliven9703 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello. I am a 21-year-old Hungarian guy and I love to play the simulators 4. I enjoy all aspects of the game, simulation, editing and content of the house. I could only get the basic game, but I'm hoping to get the first set of games for the game as soon as possible, and even though the content of the basic game is exhausted sooner, it's still time to spend it. :)
    Yukai wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Yukai and I LOVE the sims I've been playing it since 2012 I believe.

My first game ever was The Sims 3 and I not too long got the expansion pack, University Life, mind you I was like 13.

Loved the game ever since, got The Sims 4 and every expansion pack and play.

Now I'm starting to upload my CAS videos on Youtube and I'm very excited!!

Hello @Yukai :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since 2012 and started simming by playing Sims 3. University Life is a great Sims 3 pack! It is enjoyable having our sims attend uni and gain degrees in the game.
    It is nice that this has then led you on to playing Sims 4 also. It is great that you own all the expansion packs :) They all add vert enjoyable and fun features and activities to our games!
    It is very exciting and special that you are posting your CAS videos to YouTube ! :) Simmers would enjoy watching them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top