Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This thread is not exactly a comparison of TS4 to the other games but where TS4 players say it's only been four years, TS2 had ended by this point and one last SP released in Nov. TS3 news was everywhere since it was supposed to, IIRC, be released in Feb. the following year. (But delayed).

By this time TS2 had several main worlds, unlimited subhoods, vacant templates(not the same as an empty template without townies) to build your own custom hoods, and unlimited townie populations. (As long as your pc could handle it). And Aliens, Abductions and Male Pregnancy.

University came with a new world, Sims could travel back and forth to any world (YAs) anytime.
New Careers and New Aspirations, new wants and wishes. Instruments to perform in bands. Part time jobs. A new life state, new aspiration rewards in every EP.

Open For Business came with crafting tables that not only your Sims could build things and use them (Not decor) and they actually worked, but so could their employees. Not just standing around or sitting around getting paid for nothing. OFB brought Unlimited Subhoods to add theirs or yours. New Aspirations, wants/wishes. Roam freely among as many subhoods as you like.

Nightlife came with vampires, restaurants, automobiles and limos< (base for sneak out and honeymoon). A new world, and Unlimited Downtown custom worlds, you fill up yourself. New Careers, Aspirations, wants and wishes. Chemistry system. Turns offs and ons.

New objects such as Karaoke and hot tubs. Live downtown or in your own subhoods, travel freely.

Pets, pet trainers and pet jobs. Small animals. Adopt a stray or give away a pet to be adopted next. Pets stores. Run a pet store. New life state.

Seasons, a new world. Gardening, actual working green house roofs, and walls, fruit trees, new perks for juicing. A new life state.

Bon Voyage, Three new worlds, and unlimited build/add your own vacation worlds. Swimming in oceans, (but we could swim in our own lakes since base game by using terrian tools). Tanning, sunburns, spas, new aspirations, wants, fears, wishes, new rewards, new careers.

FreeTime, New world, New Careers, New Aspirations, New wants, and fears, New hobbies, new hidden lots for hobby cliques. New Aspirations (2nd system with more perks and points.)

Apartment Life, Apartments, build your own. Mix and match condos with duplexes whatever, build it your way. New World. etc. etc.

This doesn't reflect all the interactions added, objects or clothes, townies, NPCs, life states, new clocks that actually kept time with the game clock, or all the gameplay.

What some consider has been a short time for TS4, I consider has been long enough, and if four years is a short time then look at TS2 and what all it had in just four short years. TS4 can't even be compared since it's still so tiny a game.

My two cents, let's end it now, and get on with TS5 or whatever it is Maxis is working on.

ETA: And we had bodyshop and Home Crafter (thanks Maxis!) from day one. Does anyone think TS4 will ever catch up? I don't.

No lounging chairs. When is the last time we saw four or five new Aspirations and new rewards in an EP? (TS2 or TS3). Everyone says TS4 reminds them of TS2 and not TS3, yes, TS3 is an even bigger game, but considering what TS4 still doesn't have after four loooong years, TS2 looks like a monster of a game (and I didn't even scratch the surface) in it's four short years.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Yup, i got you're point now. I've have thought about the same thing.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The way I see it, EA/Maxis may add other packs with more items and less robust features. I rather bail out of Sims 4 than spend more money on it over the next three years. I gave up on seeing features that increased the creativity of the player and see no point in me investing money on just items and little minor features here and there. If EA/Maxis is not using the technology that is available right now to take Sims 5 to the next level(If it does show up) I rather not partake and avoid another controversy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m already deep into Sims 4, and I’m starting to really enjoy it. I want them to have some more content for it, and the devs can work on Sims 5 in the meantime using the feedback so far.

I want stuff like improved and freed babies, the improved toddlers again, proper full stages of teens/YA/elders, better Sims AI, and rotational play support all in the base game of Sims 5.

For now, I’d rather they keep adding content to Sims 4 and work on a much more improved Sims 5 in the meantime. I don’t want the company to start getting in a habit of abandoning games.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I’m already deep into Sims 4, and I’m starting to really enjoy it. I want them to have some more content for it, and the devs can work on Sims 5 in the meantime using the feedback so far.

I want stuff like improved and freed babies, the improved toddlers again, proper full stages of teens/YA/elders, better Sims AI, and rotational play support all in the base game of Sims 5.

For now, I’d rather they keep adding content to Sims 4 and work on a much more improved Sims 5 in the meantime. I don’t want the company to start getting in a habit of abandoning games.

In the past before a new game is released, they stop producing for the old one about a year ahead of time. Or several months so all the developers who are going to transfer over to the new game can stop working on the current and do what they are going to for the new game.

And you do know, they have said four times now, they will keep working on the current game at the time, as long as it makes sense or interest, but that isn't actually true, because for the past three, there were still many, many, many, request to add more stuff people wanted. They have to leave it at some point. Or it would be like FIFA and just keep going without a new engine or newer techno to do things they never could do before.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Sims 4 got off to a bad start, there's no denying that. But I think it's drastically improved since then through free updates and packs that keep getting better and better. I'd love to have even more than the 3 years left we've been given but i get many are impatient for Sims 5 and there's no doubt it'll come along.

From my point of view, we have had 4 versions of the same game, each to their own slightly different but all in all the whole idea is the same. The only main difference between each one is it's appearance. Each time around we have gotten relatively the same packs, just a different interpretation. The main packs people are asking for already have 2-3 previous interpretations some even 4.

I want to see new packs being made that we haven't had before and i'm worried that some of those will never happen because so many want the same packs over and over and then to move onto a new base game.

I love how sims 4 looks, I love CAS, build mode is also really good (would be even better with a few more updates) It runs really smoothly (at least for me) For what it is right now, it's a really good game. It isn't sims 1, sims 2 or sims 3. If you want it to be like that you can play those games instead, they are all great games.

I know that there are things wrong with sims 4, there's bits and pieces in all of the games that some may not like. Everything has it's flaws but you can't disregard its good parts. Things in Sims 4 can be improved if we give them chance.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They have to leave it at some point. Or it would be like FIFA and just keep going without a new engine or newer techno to do things they never could do before.

I know they have to leave it at some point. Of course they will have to!

But I finally got my toddlers, and I want more content for Sims 4 before transitioning to a new base game and starting over again.

I’m not going to buy Sims 5 right away (not until I see the improvements and important content), so I’m good for waiting for it.

*shrugs* I’ll wait to see how it all goes.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes we need it
    a256aFi.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    By no means is Sims 4 overall better than the past games. One may like it best for personal reasons (a lot seems to be based on looks), but I agree with the OP they managed much better to deliver an allround game in the past in the same amount of years Sims 4 has had so far. I’m glad my favourite Sims game was one of them, I’d start to feel pretty shafted by now if I’d hear it required another few years of paying content, turning this version into the most expensive one so far. And on a personal note I’m beginning to wonder if it will ever reach that stage of feeling as complete as the successors.

Since I'm the only one that said overall better in the thread please refer to the "I think" part of that statement. It's an opinion. Just as yours is.
    egTcBMc.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They have to leave it at some point. Or it would be like FIFA and just keep going without a new engine or newer techno to do things they never could do before.

I know they have to leave it at some point. Of course they will have to!

But I finally got my toddlers, and I want more content for Sims 4 before transitioning to a new base game and starting over again.

I’m not going to buy Sims 5 right away (not until I see the improvements and important content), so I’m good for waiting for it.

*shrugs* I’ll wait to see how it all goes.

and if they stop now. we only have what we have now. if they start new we have less. because base games do. i love 4 actually its the first time i thought gentics looked realistic. also got in to legacies because of 4. so i want them to keep working on 4.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I want the developers to just take as much time as they need to give us a base game that is not filled with bugs (although I never had problems with any of the base games).

I only want one more TS4 pack (I don't care if it's an EP or GP) and that's University. Anything that comes after that is just bonus content to me. I also need to get Outdoor Retreat and Seasons, then my collection will be complete. I really don't care about JA and I will never buy Vampires. I may get the pet related packs in the future but I have never played with animals in any of the games.

Those are just my opinions so I will be waiting to find out what they are going to do on Oct 2.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    It's because of people who wants the sims 5 since four years and because of the deception of the sims 3 that we came into this point, but to me there are years to come with the sims 4 to develop. I wish this instead of a sims 5.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I've invested in sims 4 like many other so i want they add features i want before ending this searie. Many have put hundreds in sims 4 so i would be sad if they should forget about it and start new fresh base game and everone has to buy everything all over again. I think sims 5 would have same problems than sims 4 and bugs and bug fixes etc. Im not even sure would it be worth to invest another sims series. Considering how much it cost, sometimes it feel like its all same game whit different look and if i should buy all this dcl etc every 4 years again. Atleast i wish that the game is complete and that they could add much more featured in one game so we could just invest in game we already own. Then we get something new perhabs and not just things we already had.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. After spending hundreds of dollars on this game (more than I've ever spent on any game to date), I want MORE from it. I do love it enough not to chuck the whole thing and go for something else.

With Sims 3, the game loading times were such that it became unplayable for me. Sims 4 is smoother in that regard and I can't help but love the emotions. This is not a Sims 4 is better rant--I'm just giving a reason why I'll wait for more content of Sims 4. I was very sad when they stopped Sims 3 but we had Sims 4 coming right away. I bet anything all these lulls in DLC this year is because they are developing Sims 5 (or something else) and once that's ready, THEN and only then will they announce it. I feel like they're weening us off (and yes...Sims 4 will never compare to the endless content of Sims 3--those were the glory days!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top