Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amusement park game pack?

13...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes!!
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I like the idea and it sounds fun :) , but, I don't like the idea of having it as a pack specifically for amusement, because it is not going to be fun if only max 20 Sims (I'm aware there's a mod to increase the limit, but I prefer not to use any) can come to the park. I would prefer it to work like a carnival, where it can pop up anywhere, and incorporated with other type of festival too, like a music festival, street festival, parade, etc., instead of amusement park only..

I don't like popup because I can't send my sims there when I want to. I have to wait plus I'd rather be able to place carnival rides and stuff on other lots. With popup carnivals that leaves builders out from building rollercoaster parks and other carnival stuff like in TS3.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Nope
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I like the idea and it sounds fun :) , but, I don't like the idea of having it as a pack specifically for amusement, because it is not going to be fun if only max 20 Sims (I'm aware there's a mod to increase the limit, but I prefer not to use any) can come to the park. I would prefer it to work like a carnival, where it can pop up anywhere, and incorporated with other type of festival too, like a music festival, street festival, parade, etc., instead of amusement park only..

I don't like popup because I can't send my sims there when I want to. I have to wait plus I'd rather be able to place carnival rides and stuff on other lots. With popup carnivals that leaves builders out from building rollercoaster parks and other carnival stuff like in TS3.

I totally understand you.. it's just that, having it as a pack, and not be able to feel it like an amusement park (like only max 20 Sims per lot) makes it looks like a lonely place instead of a fun place... But I do agree...if it comes as a pack, we definitely will have lots of builds option & stuffs...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • AesthequesAestheques Posts: 36 Member
    Yes!!
    I feel like if EA does create this stuff pack, they should add smaller rides like merry-go-rounds for backyards & stuff, for the kiddies. Heck, toddlers are the only ones with rides & 'outdoor entertainment'.
    Uo421al.gif
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Yes!!
    Anything new I'm up for :smile:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes!!
    Aestheques wrote: »
    I feel like if EA does create this stuff pack, they should add smaller rides like merry-go-rounds for backyards & stuff, for the kiddies. Heck, toddlers are the only ones with rides & 'outdoor entertainment'.

A pack like this would be too large for a Stuffpack. It would require a Gamepack or Expansion.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Nope
    It's possible that they could create a GP like a vacation world, but a carnival world. The major rides would be a part of the world, so, you couldn't edit them, just interact with them. The half dozen lots could be for things like an arcade lot, a food stall lot, a show lot with a magician or acrobat, a miniature golf lot, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortune teller, etc. all of which you could edit.

It wouldn't have overnight accommodations as it's a place you visit in a day.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Yes!!
    YESYesYesYesYesYes!!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's not that I don't want amusement parks, I just don't trust EA to stop at one. Lat thing I want is for every future pack to be some kind of amusement park.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    Yes!!
    I love this. my sim need new places to have fun at .
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes!!
    Yes! I’m up for some fun locations like this. :smile:
    Movotti wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I rather the amuseument park pack have no theme- or at least it's a theme we can choose

It's a bit hard to make it in the theme of Brighton pier, without there being a pier to build it on. :(

well I wouldn't like a Gothic theme.. either something Disney-sort of themed or Centreville

Here's a thought:
    IF the game came with a Brighton inspired carnival, with a gothic theme, but you could recolour everything to non-gothic options, would that satisfy?

I would like a variety of styles, but I tend to go towards bright and colorful.

I wouldn’t mind a cutesy gothic Nightmare Before Christmas-style Park or carnival, though. Kind of like that one store world in Sims 3. (Forgot the name right now.)

So, yeah, choices. I usually prefer bright pastels. I really liked the Gothic Lolita styles, especially the cute pastel colored styles. (But I do like some of the emo or punk gothic styles as well, but not scary or gloomy content.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes!!
    I have to say: the roller coaster and carousel Sims 3 store sets were pretty underwhelming. But a whole cohesive pack with a new amusement park world? I'd love that.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Yes!!
    YESSSSS :love::lol:
    I've been suggesting carnivals / amusement parks for a while lol ( this post | this post )

I think it would be fun to have a Disney World kind of vacation world but I also like the spooky/gothic theme some people have mentioned. It would be nice to have a family-friendly vacation world that brings excitement. The theme park could have giant rollercoasters, kid rides, water rides, character mascots like Llamas or freezer bunny, parades, cute merch/souvenirs (hats, balloons, toys, clothing), wedding spot, restaurant/diner, ice cream trucks or shoppes, selfie sticks (not used on the rides), etc. I think if its a vacation world, it would need to have a resort of some kind, which is fine. It could be a hotel or small homes (AirBNB). Its also a cute idea for couples to go to, like young couples going on a date or vacation together. I've mentioned a 'Young at Heart' idea before which would cater to all age groups and I think could be incorporated into this kind of pack. I also like having the idea of a 'secret' location with an abandoned amusement park or just a smaller county fair by the water with traveling carnival, where you could find performers, goths, gypsies, fortune tellers, witches, etc.

IMAGERY:
    ears.jpg?w=620&h=413
    balloons_0.png
    Got-goth-Disneyland-sure-does.jpg
    c86e4def-7ed4-42e5-9d7b-3d47f87ed69d-disney-2.jpg?w=970&h=582&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70
    countyfair.jpg
    ouhaweouh-5b2f9b973de42300365ede8a.jpg
    mad-tea-party.jpg
    Universal-Orlando-3.jpg
    Frosty-Treats-600x4001.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy.jpg
    8433606630_f848c68631_b.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Cinderella.jpg
    7b789fb0b8f09d6bd12ef86cbd16144d.jpg
    DH3eKmDXYAQp-9c.jpg
    f2b8c3306ad42e242bcbb5cd7af75f35.jpg
    abandoned-theme-parks-creepy-entity.png
    traveling_caravan_hobos_by_thejellypanda-d5itcro.jpg
    The-Sims-3-Supernatural-Psychic.jpg
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes!!
    Sure. As I said in another thread, I'd rather some of its content/vendors be related to SimNation and perhaps some lore behind it, including previous games. Kind of breaking the fourth wall (Though I do like the idea of an optional spooky/bright and colorful theme). Like bunny shaped treats, Bella and Morty merch (maybe the Landgraabs too), rides for children, bigfoot costumes, genie lamps as prizes, etc. Basically including what others have said as well. I wouldn't mind the option of building my own park and have it run correctly. Just nothing massive like SimCity, but kind of simple. Maybe something akin to Newcrest where you can simply plop down a few lots...? Thing is, what about lag? I'm perplexed as to how this could be handled and how many sims can ultimately fill the lot along with rides and such.

However, I really agree with @Anmirla about a Farming EP, coupled with a County Fair event it might keep a pack like this from feeling underwhelming. And for goodness sake, if this does happen, please don't make it a timed event! A closing time, similar to bars, would suffice for me. Like opening around 10am to closing at 9pm, sims can get there early and spend most of the day, or not have to pay for rides with a 'season pass' of sorts. This could be fun if done right.
  • gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    Yes!!
    I think this idea is fantastic! An unfortunate thing I thought about with the fish, however, was the "carnival fish last like 3 days at best" being a thing in the Sims world, too. Like, there's a moodlet for your Sim when their fish dies early - either a Sad one for the fish dying, or an Angry one for the carnies giving you a faulty fish. Just an idea.
  • LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    Yes!!
    I want this so badly! :'(