Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together - what do you think?

I've read and watched a lot of reviews and I'm really on the fence about Get Together. I think I'm probably going to wait until it's discounted - mostly for the build/buy objects and CAS. If you've bought it for console - what do you think? Did it live up to your expectations?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I really like it. But I may be biased since it's pretty much the only EP I've been wanting since I found out we were getting Sims 4 on console. The club thing has worn off a little bit for me. Although, I am doing a Romeo/Juliet thing between a member of the Paragons and a member of the Renegades. Trying to make the clubs as interesting as possible for as long as I can lol
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    I like it so far. I would say that i didnt really have that high of an expectation for the Pack but its really fun. The facade of clubs wears off pretty quickly imo.

I really like it. But I may be biased since it's pretty much the only EP I've been wanting since I found out we were getting Sims 4 on console. The club thing has worn off a little bit for me. Although, I am doing a Romeo/Juliet thing between a member of the Paragons and a member of the Renegades. Trying to make the clubs as interesting as possible for as long as I can lol

Thanks to you both :) That's what I'm worried about with the clubs, since they're probably not something I would use much at all.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    It's worth it just even for windenburg but it's so good I don't really play with the club's but I knew I wouldn't but the furniture is very pretty not as much clothes and stuff than expected from an ep but still good
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    despite what someone said with 'facade of clubs', the club system is an exceptionally robust and helpful addition to the game. they are seriously a gamechanger because of how much they can do. but people always overlook the system because they think it just looks shallow and bland, when it is really anything but (though i do wish there more rules options)

the club system is beyond amazing, since it can help you do so many things. you have a sports-themed pub that you wish had rowdy soccer hooligans? clubs can do this. make a bro sim designed as a hooligan, create a club with 'watch sports', 'play pub games' and up to three other rules you feel would fit the theme, invite 4 or 5 sims you think would be rowdy enough, set the meeting place as the sports pub, then either set the played sim as unplayed (not sure if that's doable on console but i hope so) or delete him/her entirely. now you've got a totally townie club that meets at that bar any time you send a sim to it and they breathe new life into it

can make a club that is all aliens that use their powers on other sims, or all vampires that do the same. or all bears that run around hugging and roaring at people. or a group of shady characters to add flavor to your criminal sim's favorite hangout. or why not a club of cops and one of criminals that hang out at the same bar and get into fights? maybe even set up a bunch of townies who go to the local lounge to watch live acts, something your comedian or musician sim might really be grateful for.

here are a few links to threads that try to discuss different club types and how they can be used to enhance the game, either specific to your played sims or total background stuff to make the game feel more lively:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930971/club-ideas/p1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/937456/what-type-of-clubs-did-you-create-using-the-club-system/p1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    true, double checked and 'watch sports' isn't a club option on pc either. it's a holiday tradition with seasons. however, you can make sure you get some athletic sims or especially bros into the club and they (especially bros) default to sports when they watch tv. so set the club requirements to include the traits 'bro', 'athletic', maybe 'mean' (if you do want fights) and a few others you think might fit. if you select all these traits in one requirement slot, it means any sim invited has to have one of those traits, not all of them. which is really nice for a bit of variety. similar with skills. if you set a club that has 'programming 2' and 'guitar 2' in one requirement line, you'll be able to invite sims that are either programmers or guitarists. if you put them each in their own requirement line, the club members will need both
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    The club system is very good. I was never trying to downplay it or anything. It makes it great to keep all my families together and makes it easier to get them to do activities together. As Bluebirddevil said it's worth it just for Windenburg. And the coffee shops, lol. I love the coffee shops!
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited September 2018
    I started a legacy yesterday and used it as a way to find a spouse. I set the qualifications as YA and single and picked a few of the most handsome to take on a trip to a cafe. Worked perfectly. I've also used it to bring groups of kids together and video gamers too. I'm kind of a homebody in real life and my sims kind of are too, so it's useful for just picking a group of people to come hang out and fix up my sims' social needs without needing to go party all night somewhere. The only thing I'm really not liking is the frequent prompting to start gatherings and the bored moodlet from 'curious about clubs' or whatever it's called.

Edited for clarity.
    Post edited by Alisox on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Something nice about Get Together... hmmm... ummm... well, Woohoo’ing in the closet is fun.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    been using it for years, I love windenburg and I use the build/buy objects the most.

I wish they had more club icons (even with the Zerbu's Icons+ Mod) More club merch would be cool. as they made more packs.
    like a Banner with a Crown on it, Knight's Helmet, Plumbob, Crystal Heart, Sun, Moon, Tree, Rose, Clover, Lion, Wolf, Claw. Sport Symbols like a Soccerball, Basketball, Bow and Arrow,
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GeorgiadonkinGeorgiadonkin Posts: 9 New Member
    All my worlds have businesses I own on then and are probably the biggest part of my gameplay I bought get together the other day and realised you can't buy businesses where there is a buisness already running but the world is full of them! Ones I would love to own and run awell!

I still really like the world and the club's although glad i got it as a present bevause i would of been dissapointed if i had paid for it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2018
    It added so much to the console including a new world. It adds a pool lot location in Windenburg so if you don't want to build your own WB comes with one. It also adds more stuff for sims to do like footsblall,darts and don't break the llama. Glad it's on console now.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    It's interesting and can be manipulated in weird ways, but it really needs some patching. Unfortunately, console patches generally do very little.