Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Appreciation

Hello :smile:

I thought with all the Sims 5 rumors going around I'd make a Sims 4 Appreciation corner so we can post all of the things in sims 4 that we like.

I'm often reading a lot about Sims 4's flaws but not its good parts so for those of you who are fond of Sims 4 feel free to leave a little love for it :smile:

Comments

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited September 2018
    I love Sims 4 toddlers. They are so cute! My Sims 3 toddlers looked like demons.

The only things that really bug me about sims 4 are the lack of eyelashes and male body hair. Buuut, I have cc for that!
    Post edited by AngelEb95 on
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited September 2018
    A few Sims 4 things that I love:

CAS - you're free to create any kind of sim you want it's so versatile and every sim is so unique! :smile:

Toddlers! It took a little while to get them but when we did they are the best I've ever seen!

Clubs from Get together - Again, you're only limited to your imagination.

Brindleton Bay and Windenburg - these worlds are my absolute favourite they are so beautiful.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Even though it has its bugs I really enjoy the work that has been put into the Sims 4. There is a lot of coding and graphics that has been put into the making of all the sims.

This my outlet when I need a get away from real life and the stress of it. So this my love for the game <3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    I love the detail that went into simlish e.g. sims will call their babies “nuboo”, sims in a romantic relationship also call one another “nuboo” and when a male sim comes back pregnant from an abduction he will periodically say “nuboo?!”

I love the vampires.

I love the aliens.

I love how the sims look.

I love being able to just drop down sims and houses from the gallery.

I love the Grim Reaper.

I love the cats and dogs, particularly how realistic it feels not to control them, but I also love putting the camera on my sims’ cat and watching him run around outside.

I love that in tab mode you can look up at the sky and see the stars.

I love the beautiful worlds, especially Windenburg.
    I always forget how big a detail the gallery is for sims 4. Its pretty awesome how you can pick and choose between other players sims and lots and also upload your own!
    A big thing for me, is the whole appearance of the game. I love how smooth and clean it looks. I think it might just be my favourite visual interpretation of the sims :smile:
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sims 5 rumours? Where? WHEEEEEERE!? :D
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I actually like the art style of the Sims 4. I don't want overly realistic Sims; for me, the Sims 4 is a fantasy world where there is no racism or sexism or homophobia or the other troubles that plague Real Life. The bright colors and graphics fit that view well. The game has also progressed well from the early days, as the developers learn more about the game structure and what can be done within it. We're never getting a full open world, but Jungle Adventure was pretty plum close.

One thing I appreciate most is that you're not stuck in one location your entire life. In my main save, I have 3 households I rotate between: my main family which is my Sim, Selena O'Dourke, her wife Michaela (nee Munch), her eldest son Nicky and her adopted son Gage. Second family is Nicky's twin brother Kris (born when Selena got a bit frisky with Father Winter on Winterfest) and his wife Susana (game generated townie), and finally Selena and Michaela's daughter Kayley who married her alien boyfriend Castor Cline and just had her first baby, Stella. Selena and her family live in Newcrest, Kris is in Windenburg, and Kayley is in Willow Creek after starting out in Oasis Springs. I can move my Sims anywhere and they don't lose any of their relationships. And I don't have to have every venue in every town; technically you can get by with a single venue of each type but I like variety.

I know a lot of people are upset with all the Gallery updating thinking of it as a "useless feature", but for those of us like me who can't build worth a lick we appreciate the talents of all the gifted bulders out there willing to share their crafts with the wider community. The ease of adding new houses and venues while still in game is delightful. I've been able to make a Craftsman neighborhood in Willow Creek and an Eichler neighborhood in Oasis Springs, thanks to the Gallery.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm struck virtually every time I play the game with some sort of appreciation moment. I can't possibly list all the things I love about it but the last time I played (yesterday) I had a line up of cowplants .. and although I wish they would tweak some things about them I was just watching them sway (got tickled by the swaying of the full udders by the way.. I know I'm weird) and the noises they made. While panning down to the level they were in I lingered on watching the lighting in the pool the light refraction and how it moved against the walls.
    Just the animations and visuals and sounds in this game and how they come together get me every single time. I can't not appreciate it because it's everywhere.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I love the lots! The worlds are beautiful especially Newcrest. Newcrest is so vibrant and natural looking.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Multi-tasking!! I absolutely love this feature... Everytime I switch back to older series of the sims, I'm always queuing up actions to make them simultaneously happen forgetting that's it's just a sims 4 thing.. nd then It makes me miss playing sims 4.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Hesreal2me wrote: »
    I love the lots! The worlds are beautiful especially Newcrest. Newcrest is so vibrant and natural looking.

I'm glad NC was left blank . It is like a canvas waiting to be painted
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me its the little, seemingly insignificant things I love about the Sims 4 game. The pregnant sims idle animations, autonomous affection from siblings, the fact that my sim will carry her coffee to the toilet (gross but funny) with her, the children who can't really help but try to shush or comfort crying babies anyway. My list could go on and on really because there are so many little attention to detail type things that I love about this version, but I think that's enough :D

The big things, the drag, pull, push options in CAS...the same options in Build mode...the ability to pick up whole rooms and move them and turn them in circles...I go back and play sims 2 and 3 because I still love them, but ultimately I always come back to 4 because of the little things, and also because of the bigger quality of life things.

I love that sims can carry on dinner conversation, chat with two or three friends at the same time, drink and eat at the same time... I miss the darkish humor from the earlier versions, but not enough to make the difference it'd take to get me to quit playing this one.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I love the way the game looks, especially the sims. This is the fourth iteration for me but the first where I've not used any genetic cc. I actually like the smaller worlds and how they're all connected. I've always been a single family player so I really like how you can pick up and move your family to a different world, or just visit another world.

Love the pets. they seem the most realistic of all the versions. And speaking of realistic, let's not forget the toddlers. Totally adorable. <3

I really enjoy the game play. I'm more of a goal oriented player so I like the task based game play.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I enjoy playing this game, and I bought it few years ago. I like that it's replayable.

Building is great, and with some additional tools it would be awesome. CAS has lots of variety so I can create different sims and pets.

I enjoy collecting and gardening, different clubs, beautiful worlds especially with seasons. I like emotion system and multitasking. Family play is expanded, there are realistic toddlers and pets, and I like to hire butler for riches, holidays etc etc. And I enjoy active jobs and would like more of them. For me it's lots of gameplay.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I love the manage households.
    I like creating clubs and holidays.
    I like that sims have clothing for hot and cold weather.
    I love all the collectibles as well.

Jungle adventures is such a good pack, the world was greatly thought out and is beautiful as is all the content that came with it.

Character values, vampires are the best they've ever been! I really like the interactive careers that came with GTW.

I'm still finding new things that I haven't played with before and there is so many things I love that I could list :smile: the sims team is doing a great job!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I love the art style, the worlds (especially Windenburg & Brindleton Bay), the packs (especially the Seasons with calendar system & festivals/events, GTW where I can join my Sims to work, GT for the club system, the Vampire & Parenthood for the brilliant gameplay), the collectibles, pregnant Sims (:D), multitasking, scenery, the pets' graveyard, the Butler, the Build tools.. and many more...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2018
    It's quite a list for me. A non-exhaustive roster includes:

The best vampires in the series
    Clubs
    Holidays
    The Calendar
    Fantastic season transition
    Pets with a mind of their own
    Very flexible and intuitive CAS

But it is also worth noting that the devs have stated several times that there is at least three more years of content planned for The Sims 4. It isn't going away anytime soon, and even when development ends one day it is always there to play.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I really enjoy the visual style. I could never warm to sims 3 because I really don't like their looks.
    CAS is the best version yet. I really like the filter system which allows me to use the clothing in other categories as well for example an everyday dress used as a nightgown.

Build mode is really nice to work with, I like the room based concept. Too bad we can't set individual foundation for buildings or use a terrain tool, other than that it's working great. I've even come to the point where I'm happy they didn't include an autoroof option. This forces builders to think about the roof and gives better results.

The club system and the calendar with holidays are great and original features.

I also like the neighbourhood scale for my sims to walk around (an open neighbourhood would have been even better)., the club system, the calendar.

And my all time favourite career: the astronaut career with the space rockets. :)
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    But it is also worth noting that the devs have stated several times that there is at least three more years of content planned for The Sims 4. It isn't going away anytime soon, and even when development ends one day it is always there to play.

I have heard this, and i hope there's even more years left for sims 4. I wanted to make this thread so people who like sims 4 could say what they like about the game as i've seen many players talking about it's bad parts and wanting to quickly move onto the next in the series. I haven't actually found another thread like this (there's probably one somewhere.. i hope) and thought that the game deserves so much more appreciation for all of the amazing stuff it contains :smile:
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I love this thread! I'm so weary of Sims 5 speculations; I'm not ready for Sims 4 to be pushed aside :'(
    There's so much to love about this game. I think I'm lucky I started playing quite late after its release, so I missed out on a lot of the early issues people had. It's going to take me a while to make a list of everything I love about it, though, so for now I will just enjoy reading everyone else's posts :)

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    CAS is wonderful.
    Vampires are the most fleshed out we've ever had.
    Manage households!! I can't say enough about it
    Clubs can be used in so many different ways. (GT)
    The descriptions on the items in build mode.
    Facial expressions.
    I love San Myshuno. (CL)
    The way sims favor different traditions based on traits and lifestyle (Seasons).
    Build mode.
    The music! I love the music. It makes everything better. <3
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like this thread too. Here's a few more..
    I appreciate that it's not a game of constant time management for me. The sims have enough energy to last through the day much more than in the past versions I played (and ways to make them super sims through traits pretty easy if that's what you want). They can get out and go do things much easier for me. I also love the build on the fly options on community and other lots. I know you can easily cheat in even more options also .. but I really enjoy that many of the "cheats" have become built in options in the game now.
    I also love the ability to basically go and live on a general lot if you want your sims too (can't do this well for sims with jobs or school).
    Really love the always welcome trait for my sims that like to intrude on other sims lives :). It's opened so many avenues of story telling for me... just this ability alone.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It seems like it's the only one in the series where there is no limit to what can be modded in. There were no ways to make a bunk bed function in the other sims games without bunk beds already in the game, yet there are custom bunk beds for the sims 4 that can work even though they have no animation, for example.