Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Gagea I was able to reproduce the spandrel issue and have added it to AHQ here. Please click on the "Me Too" button to bring dev attention to the issue.

@jojoMOMSTER I am able to place tiles by dragging without any issues using the "By Tile" option. If you use the "By Room" option, it requires a room.

@tckol I could not find doors of that name in the game. Is that the exact name? If not, would you please provide the exact name? A screen shot of what you're seeing in your game would also help.

@saunaplease I am not having any issues with sims using saunas (or hottubs - I tested both) in a basement that doesn't have a room above it. I wonder if you might have other objects or structures interfering with the sims ability to use the object. A screenshot of your setup might help.

And just general advice to all, if you don't already do so, I highly recommend the following after each game patch: 1) temporarily remove mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, and 3) repair the game via Origin. If you encounter something weird in an older save after taking those steps, create a new save and see if the issue still occurs.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @halpal1212 I'm not on Mac either. The behavior on PC is definitely as sawdust describes, with the room tool removing the exterior wall paint but the single wall tool not doing so if you do not use it over the pre-existing wall. I would recommend posting your issue on AHQ here, so that someone with a Mac can test it and get it to devs if it is a Mac issue.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Did I miss anyone? Hope not! But if I did, please repost. :)
  • saunapleasesaunaplease Posts: 3 New Member
    > @saunaplease I am not having any issues with sims using saunas (or hottubs - I tested both) in a basement that doesn't have a room above it. I wonder if you might have other objects or structures interfering with the sims ability to use the object. A screenshot of your setup might help.

I changed my house so that I may be able to use it, so I'm afraid I can't give you any screenshot.
    In any case, the sauna was in the basement, and the topmost floor is not a roof. My latest expansion is with pets. It's not going to be an issue anymore, for now. Thanks
  • saunapleasesaunaplease Posts: 3 New Member
    > @saunaplease said:
    > > @saunaplease I am not having any issues with sims using saunas (or hottubs - I tested both) in a basement that doesn't have a room above it. I wonder if you might have other objects or structures interfering with the sims ability to use the object. A screenshot of your setup might help.
    >
    >
    > I changed my house so that I may be able to use it, so I'm afraid I can't give you any screenshot.
    > In any case, the sauna was in the basement, and the topmost floor is not a roof. My latest expansion is with pets. It's not going to be an issue anymore, for now. Thanks
    >
    >
    >

Sorry for double post, but no there aren't any objects that may interfere with using it. Not sure if mods can cause it, but I can use my sauna now (topmost floor is roofed)--what I mean is it's aligned with a roof on the topmost floor, whereas before it's aligned with a balcony
    Oh! @saunaplease somehow I missed the part where you'd exposed the basement. Yeah, saunas require an indoor area to function, and once you remove the ceiling from a room, be it basement or aboveground, it's no longer consider indoors. That behavior's by design, and I think the whole point of a sauna is that it works by operating within an enclosed space, so that the steam and heat can build up without escaping, so logically speaking, I think the design is correct. Nonetheless, you could certainly request a change - I recommend tweeting to a Sim Guru about it.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have a room that when I place it prevents me from using the foundation tool. Other rooms work OK. Anyone else have the same problem with it?

I put the images of each step here.

Room used here.
    Post edited by withlovejulien on
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Okay I have just spent the last hour or so trying to find any info on my issue and came up with nothing :(

I know the wallpaper issue was fixed a few patches ago but I am still having issues when it comes to using build mode tools. Fences, walls, friezes, spandrels and trims.
    I am currently trying to build on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay and its taking me forever to do anything in build mode. Replacing walls with fences, removing walls, adding walls, fences, friezes, trims or spandrels, raising or lowering the foundation. I'm not talking a little bit of lag either, I'm talking up to a minute to place some of these things. The only thing that is not lagging is the wall coverings now lol. I thought it might just be that lot ( I did read somewhere that someone else was having the same issue on that lot but cant seem to find it again now) so I moved it to the 64x64 on the island in Windenburg and still the same issues.

Is anyone else having this issue, I have repaired my game and I am not using CC or mods. I am trying to get this lot finished for a challenge but at this rate I wont get it done till next week!
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @Kementari I am experiencing the same thing! When removing a wall, dragging a wall, using the sledge hammer tool, using spandrels and eaves, etc, it can take 10 seconds for the change to take effect.
    @withlovejulien that is indeed a strange one! I was able to reproduce what you're seeing with it in my game as well, and I'm not having the issue with other outdoor rooms. One thing that I noticed was that after deleting what seemed to be a certain number of fence pieces (I did not count them exactly but will probably go back and do that), the ability to raise/lower foundation returns. Since you are the builder, do you recall any specific details about building it that might've been helpful? Had you designated it as an outdoor room from the beginning, or was it ever saved as a different type?
    @kementari @withlovejulien is this only happening in Brindleton Bay or in other neighborhoods as well? I believe the lag problem reported before was specific to Brindleton Bay. I'll test in my game @Kementari; I assume you're building a very large structure, since you're using the 64x64 lot? I'll download something grandiose from the Gallery and see what happens if I try to change/add on to it. :) In the meantime, I know you said you don't use mods and have already done a repair. Did you also clear your cache before performing the repair? If not, try that and also save your build to the library and try placing and continuing work on it in a fresh save.
    @BryonyRae I saved and placed it on the island in Windenburg and still had the same issues, I did clear my cache before the repair, sorry forgot to mention that. It is a large build but nothing ridiculous. The only thing I didn't do that you mentioned was trying to place it in a new save.
    I will give that a go.
    Like I said it isn't a HUGE build but I do tend to over do my builds with little details. May be I just have to many items on the lot? I have used a few debug items as well.
  • CzechacekCzechacek Posts: 13 New Member
    Please add an option to paint ceilings! I hate that universal white ceilings :(
    @Kementari I've been able to reproduce the lag in my own game, and yes, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the neighborhood. I experienced on both of the lots you used as well. Also, after testing with a gargantuan build, I tested on the preset build in the Windenburg neighborhood and encountered lag as well, although not quite as extreme, still noticeable. That build is not really very large or intricate, so I actually think it has more to do with the particular build tools and perhaps number of possible placements for them. I will go ahead and create a bug report for it on AHQ and link it back here.

@Czechacek yes, we have that request on the list, and we'd all love to be able to repaint the ceilings!
    @Kementari and here's the AHQ link. Please click "Me Too" everyone who may be experiencing this. :)
    @BryonyRae I am so glad you could reproduce the issue, I was affraid it was my PC. Thank you for making that thread, I have hit the me too button and hopefully EA will look into the issue and fix it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    @Kementari I have experienced the same issues on the windenburg island. Takes 10-15 seconds for the game to place fences/halfwalls/friezes/etc and there’s horrible lag throughout.
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    I apologize for not having time to read through all 77 pages. Do we have build updates on diagonal stairs, stairs with landings, ladders, and/or spiral stairs? I am curious about different foundation heights as well. TYIA
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @yagwit if you go to the first posts on p1. Miss Bree keeps a summary. Reading through that makes us seems like spoiled children but we actually do want everything !
    edited August 2018
    @yagwit we do have those items on our list. No word on when/if we might get them of course, but devs are aware of the list. Also, if you are willing to use mods/CC, I also referenced this list to Twisted Mexi, who is an incredibly inventive modder. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up adding some of it in. I'm committed to staying mods/CC free, so I won't be able to benefit, but I'm sure some of you will. :)
    I’m going to be the grumpy person after we just got 2 tile sliding doors but a 1 tile pocket door in many architectural styles from craftsman to Asian to maybe corrugated metal to be super trendy and an industrial one would have been super helpful.
  • SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    I'd like to appeal to the really, really dark shadows that occur on top of counters when you place them against a diagonal wall. I love building diagonally for many reasons, and I always struggle with counters just because of the shadow that occurs.

The diagonal shadow issue also occurs on many wall objects as well. Just makes them really dark, almost black.

Otherwise, pretty happy with everything! <3
    sig11.png
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    @Samaramon
    Full support. It does not even look like a shadow on these counters. It looks like disgusting dirt. I already have enough to use only black counters in the rooms, which are built diagonally because of this.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    I going to enjoy reworking my island challenge Island lot using Terrain Tools!!! So happy! Thanks Maxis!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    It is very exciting that terrain tools are coming! :) I am looking forward to the terrain tools and how simmers will creatively use them in their creative builds!