Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has any one else had their child get stuck in a phase?

In my main household my teen sim has been stuck on the distant phase for what seems to me a pretty long time. Not sure if it's a bug, or if its normal and there is something I need to do to get her out of it. BUT, either way I have just incorporated it into my game, as she is a week away from aging up to YA, so she is just really anxious to get out on her own. And to add a little drama, the phase seems to have made her not want to be friendly with her dad at all. Her relationship with her mother is fine and dandy, business as usual, but she is barely even friends with dad at all anymore, and always rejects his friendly conversations. Which is kind of sad because they were always so close. But as long as it doesn't completely bug out and last into YA, I'm ok with it. Her and dad will patch things up once she gets some space... Hopefully...

Comments

• MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Even got some good screenshots of the situation.
    25kkikk.jpg
    1236vja.jpg
    The mom is like "This is great. Not awkward at all.... have you guys tried the salmon? It's awesome. Heh heh. :neutral: "
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yes, I have a toddler who throws stuff all over the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 house - including at my head.

Oh, you were talking about the game ...
    @So_Money same. Well, a little older than a toddler, but still. Ha ha. >.<
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Yeah, it seems there is a bug. I wish someone would create a thing in the big section cause I would hard hit the me too button.

It seems the phase stays until they age up.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've noticed this tends to happen if you swap households while a kid/teen is in a phase. like the game remembers they're in that phase, but either doesn't count down the remaining duration while they're unplayed, or the countdown is just turned off for good when it happens. uploading households while a teen is in a phase seems to do it, too. more than a few times i've had to cheat the phase off because i realized the teen has been in a loud phase or picky eater phase for ingame months or something

of course, i'm sure it can happen even without swapping or uploading households, those just seem to be the causes i've noticed because of my playstyle. been working on playing the fyres household for an entire ingame year since seasons came out (long seasons, plus little time for playing has made this take quite a while. they're finally barely into winter) and so far, morgan's not gotten stuck in any phase, though she seems to love returning to the loud phase a day or two after it passes
    Ok, good to know it's a bug. I started thinking maybe I was supposed to do something to get her out if it. I thought I saw a few times the option to "talk about phase" Or something, it it doesn't come up in the parenting option for her. Now I know it's because it's a bug. Like I said she's super close to growing up so it's no big deal.
    And to be honest I like this little story arc it created. Why just is it just her relationship with her dad? Maybe hes trying to hold on to tight to his little princess? Maybe she resents his authority as a police officer? Who knows, stay tuned to find out! Bahaha.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i've noticed this tends to happen if you swap households while a kid/teen is in a phase. like the game remembers they're in that phase, but either doesn't count down the remaining duration while they're unplayed, or the countdown is just turned off for good when it happens. uploading households while a teen is in a phase seems to do it, too. more than a few times i've had to cheat the phase off because i realized the teen has been in a loud phase or picky eater phase for ingame months or something

of course, i'm sure it can happen even without swapping or uploading households, those just seem to be the causes i've noticed because of my playstyle. been working on playing the fyres household for an entire ingame year since seasons came out (long seasons, plus little time for playing has made this take quite a while. they're finally barely into winter) and so far, morgan's not gotten stuck in any phase, though she seems to love returning to the loud phase a day or two after it passes

I've noticed the same thing. It always seems to be the head phase for me. I even had the last one stay in her costume for her birthday just to get rid of the sad noodles earlier.
    image.png
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    In my experience they always have 1 phase until they grow up.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    @TresaofPern "sad noodles" I know you probly ment sad moodlet (my autocorrect just changed it to the same thing) but that made me spit up my coffee a bit. Lol. And also I think "head phase" is bear phase, and I that is the one phase I can't stand. If my kid got stuck in that phase I would be aging them up so fast!
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Sometimes the phases get stuck, even when they turn into teenagers. And in some cases they even keep their childhood phase as an young adult.

There is however a cheat to remove the phase which I always do if the teen haven't lost their childhood/teen phase before growing up to young adult.

traits.remove_trait trait_ChildhoodPhase_Clingy

Just change the phase to whatever you've got at the moment.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    My child sim has been stuck in a bear phase for sometime. I have started have his parents talk to him about it to see if that helps but if it doesn't I'll probably have to remove it the "cheaty" way
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I saw somewhere that having the parents dress as bears helps, but haven't tested it yet.
    image.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Yes, I have a toddler who throws stuff all over the plum house - including at my head.

Oh, you were talking about the game ...

Just as I was reading this my Beagle puppies were busy throwing the narrow blinds by the front door all over the place! Your comment made me laugh. ;)

As for Sims getting stuck in phases, I've read others who complain about this. I'm concerned because I have a couple of teens (different households) who both have the 'Picky Eater' phase going. I don't want either of them stuck there. I do believe there is a cheat to 'fix' it, should this happen. I'm hoping someone will come by who knows exactly what it is.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I found all Childhood Phases Cheats here.
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/05/29/the-sims-4-parenthood-traits-phases-and-character-value-cheats/

It's pretty handy when phases getting stuck on sims.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank you @Madachan88!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    OK now I'm mad. Finally got to my teen sims birthday, got everything set up nice, and she comes home with the embarrassed mood swing. Whatever, partys still on, it will go away when she ages up. She blows out her candles, everyone's celebrating, and BOOM she drops dead from embarrassment. Like, come on man, I have been building up to this forever, now I gotta go back and get her out of the mood swing before her party. Ugh.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Melmack wrote: »
    OK now I'm mad. Finally got to my teen sims birthday, got everything set up nice, and she comes home with the embarrassed mood swing. Whatever, partys still on, it will go away when she ages up. She blows out her candles, everyone's celebrating, and BOOM she drops dead from embarrassment. Like, come on man, I have been building up to this forever, now I gotta go back and get her out of the mood swing before her party. Ugh.
    Gotta love those emotional deaths.
    sarcasm
    Happy Birthday!
    Moments later: RIP

In all seriousness, the embarrassed thing isn’t a mood swing it’s just a moodlet from school. It wears off after a few hours and you can hurry the process along by having her calm down in the mirror or write in her journal. She should be safe to age up after that.
    Allllright take two, no ones going to school, no ones going to work, make the cake, make the appetizers, set up the party decorations again! Everyone happy, alright, blow them candles out girl! Yay! Distant phase is gone! Time to move on, it's over!
    6fmnpz.jpg
    Cheers! Just in time for my real kid to come home from school, if only there were cheats to deal with their emotional breakdowns.
    Ps. Thanks for the cheat links in case this balogna happens again. :wink:
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    For me, it's the Mean phase that seems to linger to my child/teen sims. I have no idea how to make it go away normally.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    @paradiseplanet I don't know if it makes it go away or not but I know the parents can "talk about phase" under the parenting social options. But if they seem to be stuck in it for too long, like this sim was, there's a cheat you can use to get rid of it. At least mine was only the distance phase, so I just went with it in my game. Mean phase might be a different story, because it can tank relationships pretty fast. Good luck with your angsty teens!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited October 2018
    Melmack wrote: »
    @paradiseplanet I don't know if it makes it go away or not but I know the parents can "talk about phase" under the parenting social options. But if they seem to be stuck in it for too long, like this sim was, there's a cheat you can use to get rid of it. At least mine was only the distance phase, so I just went with it in my game. Mean phase might be a different story, because it can tank relationships pretty fast. Good luck with your angsty teens!

But there is a bug that might happen that they will actually continue to keep the characteristics of the phase even after you've removed it through the cheat...

I just don't want to risk it and would want to make it go away properly, IF they even have any parents/guardians to help them remove it! The Mean streak doesn't seem to want to go away over time.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-Teens-Kids-getting-stuck-in-phases-on-rotational-play/m-p/6956996#M70496
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I had some luck having my mother sim discus the phase with the teen in my household and then mom and daughter volunteered at a soup kitchen. Oddly enough, when they returned home the phase had ended.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Did you find a solution ? One of my teen sims is stuck in the phase where they don't wan't to be with their family (I don't know the name in english), it's getting really annoying.
    @Dianesims I just had her age up since it was almost her birthday anyway, but there was a link somewhere above in this thread for a cheat to remove the "trait" Hope that helps. :smile:
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Yes I found the cheat and it worked ! Thanks!!