This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

How Do Pets React To Weather?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Does the food bowl get spoiled if it’s outside in the rain/snow?

Do pets not want to be outside in the rain/snow? Do they even notice the weather?

Can pets get struck by lightning?

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I had a lot of thunderstorms during summer in my most recent save, and noticed that the cat was tense every time there was a thunderstorm. That's all I've personally noticed of pets reacting to weather, so far.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I had a lot of thunderstorms during summer in my most recent save, and noticed that the cat was tense every time there was a thunderstorm. That's all I've personally noticed of pets reacting to weather, so far.

Interesting. Wonder if that was a fear
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    One of my sims has a German Shepard that gets tense when ever there's a thunder storm outside.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Cats hide under the furniture during thunderstorms, pets in general run inside if it's raining. My current dog loves snow, he's always jumping around when there is snow. In general, they stay inside during freezing and hot climates.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,447 Member
    edited September 2018
    When it gets extremely cold outdoors, the dogs DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT want to venture outdoors to go potty. It was a real chore trying to mine to go outside to do his business. He would go outside, but then that cold would bite him on the backside, and he would turn around and come back in. Yes, I'm talking about my sim dog. lol Too bad they didn't come up with puppy pads for the game.
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

I don't have Seasons, yet. My dog Ben (IRL) will NOT go outside if it's raining, ground is wet or if there is snow on the ground. I have to be a little stern, I put the leash on him, he will then "prance" around till he finds a dry spot.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!