Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Hello, I would like to submit my application for "Dream a Little Dream" #103 :)

Submission for CHALLENGE #103 -Dream a Little Dream

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LEVEL: -
    LOT: X-Cube Design Studio
    LOT COST:$2,410
    LOT NAME: Sporting Space
    GALLERY COST: $174,952
    TOTAL COST: $177,362
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: X-Cube Design Studio
    ENTRY DETAILS: The ground floor consists of reception area & “meet and greet” the potential clients. On the first floor, there’s a conference room for meeting & presentation area, VIP room for the high-profile clients, and 2 bathrooms. On the second floor, there’s an office and a canteen (sunroof) for the staffs to refresh as well as to entertain the clients. The studio/workplace is located on the top floor (sunroof) with balcony and a small rooftop garden. A small café is located at the back of the building, that can be accessed from the ground floor, which is what I always wanted if I have my own building (because I love coffee so much). The 2 fountains and the sculptures are placed to add the whimsical sense to the building, which reflect the owner.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    8Xpz2pR.png
    Sy3qAea.png

Thanks.

@xamira99 - welcome to @BuildnShare!! Just to let you know, you are a bit over budget. For this challenge, the budget we set was §175,000 including the lot cost. Just thought we'd let you know, so that you can make adjustments should you want to :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks @BuildnShare.. :) Can I change it after the submission? At first, I thought the cost is the gallery cost only. I can change it and do I need to upload it again?
    Post edited by x4m1r4 on
    OID:- x4m1r4
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Entrants for #BnS102 The Hawthorne Project Part VIII - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BnS102 The Hawthorne Project Part VIII - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Kind of random question, since I was out of the Build-n-Share loop for a while: has anyone ever said what Karl looks like? Is he a sim available for download? ^^; I was just thinking it'd be cool to show him dinking in his office on my build. (I can always make my vision of Karl, but if there's an "official" Karl somewhere, I'd be glad to download him and add him to my game. <3 )

@SimsIslandheart No, Karl doesn't 'exist' - but we can change that if you would like to have him in your game...

That would be awesome! :D I've always been kind of curious, and it'll make my photos a little more interesting this time around. <3
    edited September 2018
    I'm glad there aren't HOAs or Village Ordinances in The Sims...because I had WAAAAY too much fun ticking off the neighbors in the swank neighborhood where I built my new office. :D

cGJK8ibg.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Nice way to avoid a lot of landscaping. Just kidding, it's a lovely office form the outside! :)
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    yes, yes! bring Karl out so we can meet him.
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Thanks @BuildnShare.. :) Can I change it after the submission? At first, I thought the cost is the gallery cost only. I can change it and do I need to upload it again?

Yes, you can change it as long as it is before the challenge deadline. And yes, you would need to upload it again. Your gallery link is how we verify that you stayed within budget.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Alright, thanks @BuildnShare Will do it before the deadline.. Thanks! :) I'll keep the existing lot, but I'll upload with a new one that within the budget..
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @xamira99 since you already received a Maxis fav on the original, I wouldn't delete it from the gallery. Just upload it a 2nd time and add v2 to the title.
    Thanks @gmcrozier Will do it as you suggest :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    is Karl just the receptionist, or should he get his own office too?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited September 2018
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    is Karl just the receptionist, or should he get his own office too?

That, I guess, is up to you :wink:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Pssst...admins: The official entry form on Page 1 still says "CHALLENGE #102- The Hawthorne Project Part VIII"; I fixed it on my entry. :sweat:

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #103 - Dream a Little Dream
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: Cherry Creations - Suite
    GALLERY COST: $41,459
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS103 - Dream a Little Dream (Room)
    ENTRY DETAILS: The executive office suite for Cherry Creations is a cozy, warm, yet fully-functional office and meeting room for Pepper to meet her clients and work hard on their designs. A wet bar, snacks, private bathroom, and TV for showcasing videos of her creations give Pepper all the flexibility she needs to work day or night. Most importantly, it allows her to best follow the sage advice: "Stay weird, my friends." #MOO #PlayTested #NoCC
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC; MOO and in-game resizing only
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Islandheart Studio
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    websuitebanner.jpg
    websuite06.jpg

• ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    BnS 103 – Dream a Little Dream

FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/947ACA00B87D11E8885A77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 174,272
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Upqa6r1
    ENTRY DETAILS: My dream is to be in the heart of the art center in a beautiful building complete with a basketball court, break room, courtyard and a karaoke bar to entertain my clients.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

rrGpKNx.png

uQDw9lk.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited September 2018
    @ShadowFairy74 - your entry looks awesome sweetie, but I am a little confused, you seem to have used the Room Entry Form rather than the Build Entry Form?
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    CHALLENGE #103 -Dream a Little Dream
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LOT: Accessible Designs
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Preeminent Domain
    GALLERY COST: 125,686
    TOTAL COST: 128,686
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kqL7vu2
    ENTRY DETAILS: I envisioned this office as specializing in making technology and homes accessible for people with disabilities. They also create signs meant to be easily understood, using large print, Braille and images as needed. The ground floor bathrooms are both spacious enough for walkers or wheelchairs. The special feature is the gym, complete with showers and lockers, because if I had an office, I'd want a gym close by.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    PlXELML.png
    A9Cal9W.png
    image.png
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Challenge 103 - Dream A Little Dream
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LOT: https://tinyurl.com/ycjt8tvb
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Paddywack's Emporium
    GALLERY COST: 108,689
    TOTAL COST: 110,689
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/7D1w6Od
    ENTRY DETAILS: Bright Night Offices is a wonderful group of offices. There are some shelves in the Executive Office with some extra space. Karl gets his own office for slow days or if you decide to hire a different receptionist. There are 4 decorated desks for extra employees (I would imagine that with this big office you would have more employees so you could work on more projects). There is stuff there for an office cat (which I feel the employee with all the cat stuff would have brought in) such as many resting spots, a cat bowl, and a litter box in the executive bathroom.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Nope!
    TWITTER TAG: @zyddyb206
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: I have one, but a bit too personal!
    TUMBLR LINK: https://zyddyb.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: FpCIgaL.png
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited September 2018

FORUM ID: Kementari
    ORIGIN ID: Kementari1771
    LEVEL: Expert

LOT: BnS Design Firm
    LOT COST: $2000
    LOT NAME: Hare Square - Windenburg
    GALLERY COST: $154004
    TOTAL COST: $156004

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SIMplicity
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern yet feminine office building. On site parking for both clients and staff. Large reception with a extra sunken seating area. Large conference room. Toilets, staff room with all the amenities you could need including janitors closet. Second floor hosts main office another seating area, toilet and ......
    My special something: I often get asked how I did this or that when designing and so I decided to start up my own DIY youtube channel. We built a nice large room for recording that also functions as another office when we take on extra designers for larger projects. It also has roof top access for doing some landscaping videos, or for just relaxing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Paintings by NaJoPau

TWITTER TAG: @Kementari1771
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Kementari1771/
    TUMBLR LINK: https://simplicitysims.blogspot.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.jpg

16.jpg
    Post edited by Kementari on
    Hi @Kementari - gorgeous build! Can you add your "something special" info to your entry post so that it's easy for the judges to find when we compile the entry list? ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you and done :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: Envision Design
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Hillside Highlands, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: 172,953
    TOTAL COST: 174,953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/IRkCp22
    ENTRY DETAILS: Envision... an adventure in architecture. The office was designed to serve as a showcase of the different styles of builds that Envision can and has created. The building is a modern design featuring a floating cottage. The landscaping shows different styles of landscaping, as well as different plants. Inside, each level showcases a different style of interior design. The 4th level features a game room and small daycare area. Credit to @kilra0 for the elevator design, kilra0 used a similar elevator design in the last BnS challenge.... thank you for the inspiration.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6K2OHhg.png
    e2GoGfs.png
    Hey everyone - meet Karl Hedges, the office assisstant for BuildnShare:

pgg4yRz.png

You can DL him here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/52652B41C18F11E88502B573E4FD424D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LOT: Lots of Linday HQ
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Sandy Run, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: 172,342
    TOTAL COST: 174,842
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Google pics link
    ENTRY DETAILS: How do you do a dream office on a budget?? This is how I do it, at least. Modern, crisp, combining concrete with natural woods, with bright color accents and lots of natural light. The thing I always wanted? Living green walls. I've been obsessed with them since I first saw one in real life, so of course that had to be a thing in this build.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    TWITTER TAG: @linday_
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    jT7QAoH_ft3IJGT0zXJumwjlOfJjhwoZyB2FlyW7Qw30lhhJD1fyBXsJQnH-6D-RqXDcVY1FfdAC9W9HgYDfM6R_yacOwZshWqwQUlbFTsLl93WkUG07L673YSxQ-3zuQbTqW1ZVNRHvQdxsP7Sl_n8a8AjZ-XH3rGWcNYCss8HuokWw5ZdWjNHgoQJYES2nctxUxyC9OX_pKr4bfn8melt7V3qmFyV9wS28S4jMSdBA0nab_nPn9_Q9zSoCQeRmkRJiRb1eD5ue82ckDX_vBKxur5I1o9H1dZpEvTHyT12xUCY3hgOzTLCV0lAF7_bTWTn0TZ8-jWihG5PbHRTnwIgSyFekodvvCjkhdbo_xRN1ETHUeyyJhvxqB1u5aOohq8q7wQgBQERnmDd8T874W63BLg3Zl-hkEcPzQib_jYFLOjF-vBB_xr90QFsxjcxBCv1XcguvWmd69sFTMGqK5hDlscuUnIe-vslm1DdVkmQS4EaG8K77_PgM4or7IYO4G8an99va8Ibmu994rAr8mlyIv4tRaVxfCleH_EMljdL3TE2bHzlu0FUc03r_422r8DJEycRVA9I5SmsmDndtAJWkLSZuZtDjvCVsaSrP4Qty7YaeVwir1V6mMOdQdyI=w1560-h878-no
    U4EcLUAja7N-jqw9mw8nBNs8nMww77cXfffXvk7L3FTNvlNDLtnGX7XsS8Hjy-wt4RTHAno_QXeBntEi5C7IkaUN_rpbXjH93Wn1R1o7VsUy_z2mRhZErc_zJsgBs6usoj6sPcKADjl1vnxTuILJeZEtS6mW5g6eeBFJTTiuOJ4hpF2CEsgjiGv5bKakrn6EP9L53WjCmVvwcNl1DiL8LJkdlhWLFRNPqpiKFxJYJ6vxMVDMZ-JlzhPSdfA1d3iDThCMeDAtZd-KNRTRz_h_Wx439XwTLZpTrRaTpdAM5g_wI-9OKyg-Wub1eiWG9CdadPrhGu_oBHuLeNn5d7Gn5LLAp9b1tjxRQ6gWjkyaajQgHRq7bE72UE8FFEj_IbV__rP7-5d3YTH1zS8QM0hdCJeqdXxyvB8Rwbwk1WU1OEd0rp8FhoNjduQnzSPtGmJHw5-81RxhZANFYfXYHq-S2wANE6KjWQ88oVAeJdE1J9N3mRMm5wiOXF20VxXEJbx3G-WICa24FBE-p2Nu7O14lDplTlavMgWDtHL_HVlYAG0SsyKgJZvpcRMKu7PSoMBC1enqCtRzDkklR6lSJ5uy_xGn5HDGYs-J4YSDJ4Xg5FrFzq50BWXuYlbAGv3QyzJdQ0TIYZY9_kFXPWxMKvywcUvv-TjMoGOk8_HJGfZ47CZUZI2UdzAOLbUm=w1748-h983-no

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top