Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims find their own romance?

I’ve been thinking usually I match my sims up with a sim I have groomed from birth for them. But this time around, I was hoping for my sim to choose her own mate. But she literally hasn’t even got into a flirty mood. She had a bunch of guy friends, but none have tried to flirt with her, and she hasn’t with them. Will all her relationships stay platonic unless I choose for it to change? Or will it happen eventually? I just wanted it to feel a little less, forced I guess. I thought maybe I could have her flirt with all the potential mates, but then that seemed like she would hurt a lot of friendships with jealousy and drama.

Comments

• buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2018
    Also, just to clarify, this is for my active sim. Not background story progression.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Unfortunately, without a mod, mostly the relationships will stay platonic. Some rare cases after you max charisma will use the Enchanting introduction or the flirty one.. (which will do terrible things to current relationships if your mate is near) But just out-right flirting with a bff has never happened to me in my game.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    If you do nothing romantic, nothing will happen.
    If you get her and/or one of her friends to be Flirty and have them socialize, they might flirt and have a pink bar but then you would probably have to do it from there.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Yeah, I knew I would have to do the work afterwards, I just was hoping someone would show interest or she would show interest in someone. She is also a teenager, so maybe she’s just a late bloomer. I thought maybe about putting her in a flirty club. But, again, all that drama. Ugh.
  • soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    Is this even possible. I mean I don't think I've ever had my sim fall in love by themselves. I've always pick someone for them or made a new sim just for them.
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I find it hit or miss honestly. I've had sims that never seem to flirt with anyone to ones that latch on to a specific sim almost immediately, though that is pretty rare. My latest sim met Caleb Vatore shortly after moving in since he was the welcome wagon and I had her flirt with him once. Well, he asked her out all the time and she was always rolling up wants with him. I was surprised, since it is normal for me to have to choose someone and just go from there.

I really miss having an attraction system in this game. Half the time I match sims together only for one of them to decide that they like someone else...usually someone who is already married.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There are two ways I can think about: throw a party with a flirty area item in the house or start a group gathering with the flirty mood. It could happen that your male friends start to flirt with each other instead of her, that's how sims 4 works.. sims in flirty mood flirt with everything.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    If you want it more random, you could do it this way. When you first click on a sim to 'interact with', before going to 'more', it pulls up a list of 'suggestions' varying from friendly, mean, and flirty. If you see a romantic or 'flirt' option appear; take it that your sim is interested and make them flirt.

Also, I think I've had a sim roll the 'flirt with' whim before, but I can't remember if it was only with/for sims I've told them to flirt with before or were already in a couple with.

But no, I don't think your controlled sim will ever flirt with someone autonomously unless you've allowed that interaction before or they are near flirty items.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Your active sim typically has to initiate it as there is no story progression in this game.

But you could try taking your sim to the romance festival as sims tend to be flirty there if you have City Living EP.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    Another way you can do this is to let whims dictate who she pursues. Even though you still have to initiate the interactions, at least the decision making is out of your hands.
    keenow wrote: »
    If you want it more random, you could do it this way. When you first click on a sim to 'interact with', before going to 'more', it pulls up a list of 'suggestions' varying from friendly, mean, and flirty. If you see a romantic or 'flirt' option appear; take it that your sim is interested and make them flirt.

Also, I think I've had a sim roll the 'flirt with' whim before, but I can't remember if it was only with/for sims I've told them to flirt with before or were already in a couple with.

But no, I don't think your controlled sim will ever flirt with someone autonomously unless you've allowed that interaction before or they are near flirty items.
    So_Money wrote: »
    Another way you can do this is to let whims dictate who she pursues. Even though you still have to initiate the interactions, at least the decision making is out of your hands.

I like both these ideas. I think if a certain sim starts showing up in the whims, I’ll take it as she’s interested. I forget about the whims a lot honestly. But it’s a good way to see what the sim wants, and seeing how that’s part of the game, it makes sense to try to incorporate that. Also, she had a guy invite her to a party, so I took that as “he asked her to come to the party with him, so that must mean he’s interested”. Which isn’t exactly how that works, but if that happened in real life, to a teenage girl, could be the conclusion she could jump to. 😏
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Have her talk to the guys, just normally. Tell engaging/dramatic stories, enthuse about something she's interested in if that is an option, tell jokes. Don't even have to be romantic interactions. Observe how they act. I've noticed many times sims put their hand on their chests and make a sound like "awww". I interpret that to mean they find someone attractive, they are interested or they are fond of/care about that other sim. I've found those make good matches. And I also view it as a kind of attraction system, because it absolutely doesn't happen to all sims with all OTHER sims.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They use to form romantic relationships fairly easy but since they didn't seem to care about marital status and there were a lot of complaints. I think they must have adjusted it. I know it's harder for my sims to make a conquest fast and they get shot down more (making a negative impact unless I'm way more careful) even with a romance aura set up going on. I'm not saying it's hard though .. I just had to adjust to it.
    Personally I'd think if they make a friendship on their own they are more inclined to be compatible... but you might have to take it from there for the most part.
    It might be good to make some clubs and see who your sim gets along with well. I wouldn't even put out romance stuff.. just see who they seem to make friends with on their own.
    egTcBMc.png
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Have her talk to the guys, just normally. Tell engaging/dramatic stories, enthuse about something she's interested in if that is an option, tell jokes. Don't even have to be romantic interactions. Observe how they act. I've noticed many times sims put their hand on their chests and make a sound like "awww". I interpret that to mean they find someone attractive, they are interested or they are fond of/care about that other sim. I've found those make good matches. And I also view it as a kind of attraction system, because it absolutely doesn't happen to all sims with all OTHER sims.

There is this guy sim that helped her with her science project, named Hawk... anyways, literally they talked and laughed and joked the entire time. (Not the same guy that invited her to a party) and I thought maybe he was the one, cause... she’s had project partners before, and they weren’t that chatty at all.

Hermitgirl wrote: »
    They use to form romantic relationships fairly easy but since they didn't seem to care about marital status and there were a lot of complaints. I think they must have adjusted it. I know it's harder for my sims to make a conquest fast and they get shot down more (making a negative impact unless I'm way more careful) even with a romance aura set up going on. I'm not saying it's hard though .. I just had to adjust to it.
    Personally I'd think if they make a friendship on their own they are more inclined to be compatible... but you might have to take it from there for the most part.
    It might be good to make some clubs and see who your sim gets along with well. I wouldn't even put out romance stuff.. just see who they seem to make friends with on their own.

The only problem with that is there are three of them. Which one does she like?! Lol.
    Thank you all for helping me btw.

I like how I think I can make my story go with the suggestions.