Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are The Store Outfits Supposed To Change Townies?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 2
I noticed since I have all the store stuff in my game now, that the Maxis staples like Jan, Goopy, etc. have changed their daily outfits to one of the medieval outfits. Is this supposed to happen? Because no matter what was ever installed before (custom or Maxis) they never changed their clothes since it is a part of their characters. But they will change to the store outfits. In the past no matter what was installed Jan, Goopy, Melissa etc. never changed their hair or clothes. Is this change some sort of glitch or error?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've only ever seen them change into the medieval outfits for Outdoor wear but never the daily wear. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Is that what it is? I didn't notice, it could be outerwear, but no one is twirling around to get back into everyday when they enter buildings. I might have to watch them some more, because just about everyone in town is starting to wear those clothes. But not even my own Sims (not sure it was winter on community lots) were wearing outerwear. But you are probably right. Wish I could block them from being townie-fied. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have found that some outerwear items are also flagged as everyday. In those cases the sims likely won't do the change clothes twirl when entering a building.
  • Options
    Have found that some outerwear items are also flagged as everyday. In those cases the sims likely won't do the change clothes twirl when entering a building.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess that is why they didn't go back to everyday. It was just odd to see townies like Jan (blond ponytail basegame) not change back into her camouflage pants. :/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You got that right. Same goes for some of the gym outfits, though not as many. Interesting how even the quirks and such in this version are more funny than aggravating.