Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cruise pack anyone?!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    buhlynnduh wrote: »
    Okay. Think. Vacation time. Your sim plans 3 days on a cruise ship! With excursions like scuba diving, and swimming with dolphins, maybe “hunting for treasure” pirate style with a metal detector? There be on ship restaurants, pools, spa, bars, and entertainment. Theme nights like on a cruise ship. Dinner with the Captain. Glamor night. Art auction. Singles night. Movie night. It’s really easy to make work, most of the things on a cruise ship is in the game already. Just have to work out the “ship location” and the excursion locations and actions.

New careers. Cruise ship Captain! Stewardess, deck hand, etc.

Literally this is making me excited thinking about it. Idk about y’all but this would be something different the sims haven’t done yet. I kinda don’t want university. It’s been played out. I want different. Who’s ready for a cruise?!

Like these ideas but we also need beach activities when the boat docks eg shell hunting,building sand castles,wave watching and sunbathing. I am down for cruises though.

Edit
    Also I want Heart Shaped Hottubs for two sims.

Yeah, I would want stop off ports for a few hours. And maybe miss the ship departure. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Okay. Think. Vacation time. Your sim plans 3 days on a cruise ship! With excursions like scuba diving, and swimming with dolphins, maybe “hunting for treasure” pirate style with a metal detector? There be on ship restaurants, pools, spa, bars, and entertainment. Theme nights like on a cruise ship. Dinner with the Captain. Glamor night. Art auction. Singles night. Movie night. It’s really easy to make work, most of the things on a cruise ship is in the game already. Just have to work out the “ship location” and the excursion locations and actions.

Literally this is making me excited thinking about it. Idk about y’all but this would be something different the sims haven’t done yet. I kinda don’t want university. It’s been played out. I want different. Who’s ready for a cruise?!

Like these ideas but we also need beach activities when the boat docks eg shell hunting,building sand castles,wave watching and sunbathing. I am down for cruises though.

Edit
    Also I want Heart Shaped Hottubs for two sims.

Yeah, I would want stop off ports for a few hours. And maybe miss the ship departure. :D

Could you imagine your sims reaction to the boat leaving them. 😂😂 And a “left behind” moodlet.

Also, I would love to see a “sea sick” moodlet. And have to take some medicine for it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If your sim misses their ship and it leaves, then they would need to locate the Dock Master and catch a ride on a pilot boat. A small fee may be required. :D
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    They should do a collab with a major cruise line to do this pack.
    Each 'destination' would also be treated as a district, and maybe each one is locked until the day you are meant to arrive on the itinerary.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I really would love for us to be able to build our own but I don't know if it can work.

Like there would have to be different "lots" on the boat. So you can have different lot types like shops and restaurants but then also there would be loading screens and that would be annoying.

My best guess is that the "ship" itself would be a shell (like an apartment building in CL) but we could edit each suite or shop or any "public" areas on the ship but not move or expand them. The entire ship would be like one neighborhood and the suites, shops and public areas would be the lots to edit.

I agree. Maybe the ship is one district on the map and when you click on it, you start off in the promenade or central park area (lot) of the ship and you could select your room. Then you'd have your restaurants, theaters, and the pool/club deck as lots. Then when you go to the destination districts, the ship will be docked in the background and act like the boats in the Brindleton Bay world, which take you to a different district, in this case, it would take you back on the ship.

Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

I want University but I'd still be down for a cruise pack. It would definitely be a refreshing concept.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-16743959"]If I could create a CRUISE SHIP pack, I think it might go like this:

When you "buy" a ticket, you get to choose between three different cruise locations, Island Voyage, Mediterranean Voyage or Alaskan Voyage.
    Next you choose the ships deck level that you want to stay on. Each level has only one working rentable room/suite and they vary in size and price.

The Grand Stateroom on the Grand Deck might be the largest and most luxurious with a small deck/balcony.
    The Rivera Stateroom on the Rivera Deck might have more bedrooms and be for a family to enjoy.
    The Aloha Stateroom on the Aloha Deck might be smaller but have a small balcony for viewing.
    The Plaza Stateroom on the Plaza Deck might have an ocean view but through portals and has no balcony.
    The Fiesta Stateroom on the Fiesta Deck would be an interior suite with no view but the least expensive.

There would also be:
    The Promenade Deck that has the shops, gym, spa, Med center, etc.
    The Lido Deck has a restaurant and a bar and a night club with shows for entertainment.
    The Sun Deck would have the pool, hot tub, shuffle board, deck chairs, etc. Any outside activities.

The ship would be the same with each voyage but the view from the ship would depend on the location you selected. Along the route, there would be spots for taking pictures of sights along the way. The ship would make only a few stops and your sim could never leave the dock where there will always be locals selling souvenirs or food stalls selling local food and local music to enjoy (something similar to the CL festivals, each with a different theme).

A Cruise Ship is really nothing but a floating resort, so maybe they could be a pack together.

Those are my ideas for a Cruise Ship Pack, what are yours?[/quote]

I came to this page just by curious, but you make that idea to sound a lot of fun! It's fresh and it's useful for any time your sims want to just take a break from everyday life. It's also sound as many beautiful visuals and I live for visuals.
  • Options
    gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    A cruise-type deal would be great! Like the camp vacation thing, but on a boat and you rent a room instead of a cabin! And there could be like, cool water slides and stuff that go into an on-deck pool or something. Great!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A cruise-type deal would be great! Like the camp vacation thing, but on a boat and you rent a room instead of a cabin! And there could be like, cool water slides and stuff that go into an on-deck pool or something. Great!

On a boat, your room is a cabin, and your bathroom is the head.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    As long as it's not a near empty ship and they have lots of sims on board.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited October 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »
    As long as it's not a near empty ship and they have lots of sims on board.

It will probably be limited to the same number that community lots draw. However, they could use that same trick they used in CL and just make images of sims at a distance so it appears that there are more sims onboard.

A Cruise would also be great for honeymoons.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I do like this idea quite a bit. However, one addition I would make is there's a band in the lounge and the singer is an expy of Jimmy Buffet.