Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone please refresh my memory regarding vampires?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 2
I'm in the process of reinstalling my TS2 game, wow, forgot how long THAT takes. Anyways, there is something I can't remember about the TS2 vampires. I do know that if your sim gets a little too friendly with the Count or Contessa, this will kick in them turning other sims, and they will for sure turn your human sims that befriended them.

Now my question is will your vampires that were once human, but not the Count or Contessa. Will, they automatically turn another sim, or is this something that is completely left up to the player to do?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No on both counts. The count or contessa do not bite other Sims unless you make your Sim bite someone else. Then the next time you go or anyone goes to a community lot the count or countess will bite a percentage of Sims and then that's it. Maybe three.

No, your vampires have to ask someone if they can bite them. The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sells vampire cure, you can ask someone to take it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I've gone back to TS2 too. :D
    I forgot, what do vampires eat? All I remember is that they can turn into a bat. I guess I never played vampires in TS2. Are they easier to play than in TS3? None of my vampires lasted a week in TS3, they all DIED!
    Remember there was a house... somewhere... that was an old vampire house with a cellar and coffin? Where was that, exactly?
    The Sims 2 is by far the best sims game ever. They do everything themselves. Like no popping in and out of cars, they open the door and get in! So detailed in every way. No open closet, they have to work for the cloths they own.
    So fun!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @Cinebar That's odd because I remember having three different sims (in different game saves) who befriended The Count, and all three of them kept getting turned by him. One was a witch, and the other two were human sims. It didn't happen on a community lot, but when my sims invited him over to their home.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    @Cinebar That's odd because I remember having three different sims (in different game saves) who befriended The Count, and all three of them kept getting turned by him. One was a witch, and the other two were human sims. It didn't happen on a community lot, but when my sims invited him over to their home.

That must have been a bug, because Sims have to request to bite someone, and they may get turned down unless relationship is high. We also have to ask the Count or Countess to bite our Sims. They don't do it on their own unless your Sim who is a vampire bites another Sim then it's like you gave them permission to bite someone, too. And the percentage of Sims they were allowed to bite in Nightlife, was lowered even more in the last Seasons patch. All events and accidents and deaths etc. were all lowered across the board in the last Season's patch though not mentioned to players.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I've gone back to TS2 too. :D
    I forgot, what do vampires eat? All I remember is that they can turn into a bat. I guess I never played vampires in TS2. Are they easier to play than in TS3? None of my vampires lasted a week in TS3, they all DIED!
    Remember there was a house... somewhere... that was an old vampire house with a cellar and coffin? Where was that, exactly?
    The Sims 2 is by far the best sims game ever. They do everything themselves. Like no popping in and out of cars, they open the door and get in! So detailed in every way. No open closet, they have to work for the cloths they own.
    So fun!

They eat the same as other Sims, but their motives hardly decline because they are super natural. It takes a long time (days for their motives to go down if you filled all of them up) Energy is the one you have to watch the most since it goes down really fast if you let them up during the day. But can starve just like any other Sim. The House of Fallen Trees or something is in Bluewater.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

That must have been a bug, because Sims have to request to bite someone, and they may get turned down unless relationship is high. We also have to ask the Count or Countess to bite our Sims. They don't do it on their own unless your Sim who is a vampire bites another Sim then it's like you gave them permission to bite someone, too. And the percentage of Sims they were allowed to bite in Nightlife, was lowered even more in the last Seasons patch. All events and accidents and deaths etc. were all lowered across the board in the last Season's patch though not mentioned to players.

I don't recall the initial Sim being turned being an autonomous action or not. But it's been years since I made a vampire without cheating.

I do however vaguely remember my Counts and Countesses trying to bite other Sims without my Sims having bitten anyone once one Sim was turned into a vampire by the Count/Countess. And at that time I did not play with any CC at all. Hadn't even downloaded anything from the Exchange so I had no CC installed without my knowledge. Granted that was years ago and I believe I had married one of the Counts in at some point, can't remember if it was before or after he turned his wife[-to-be]. So I may have triggered the "own Sim turned someone" code by marrying in the Sim who had turned my Sim.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't recall the initial Sim being turned being an autonomous action or not. But it's been years since I made a vampire without cheating.

I do however vaguely remember my Counts and Countesses trying to bite other Sims without my Sims having bitten anyone once one Sim was turned into a vampire by the Count/Countess. And at that time I did not play with any CC at all. Hadn't even downloaded anything from the Exchange so I had no CC installed without my knowledge. Granted that was years ago and I believe I had married one of the Counts in at some point, can't remember if it was before or after he turned his wife[-to-be]. So I may have triggered the "own Sim turned someone" code by marrying in the Sim who had turned my Sim.

I never had a Sim marry those townies so maybe that is also a trigger. I just know it has triggers all within player control. Such as you did, or as I did by making my Sim bite someone then they go on a rampage and eventually I had them turn the whole town. >:) 30 Days of Night even before it was a movie. :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I've read a lot of stories that have married in Grand Vampires and it seems to trigger those to bite their mates all the time. I don't know about moving them in and triggering this.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I can speak only from my own experience, so it will probably vary with the rest of you folks. The only time I've seen the count(ess) autonomously bite is when they had a high level relationship with the victim, no asking by either party, and it could happen anywhere. If my own sims were vampires, they could bite anyone they had a good relationship with, but it was under player control. No asking first, either. Unlike TS4, biting is to transform into vampires, not drain the victim's blood. Have checked the book, and it says that once a sim has been bitten, the master/townie vamps will autonomously bite sims with whom they have a high relationship up to 10% of the population. Once that cap has been hit, only player controlled vamp sims may continue to bite.

Concerning needs, they do not drop at night (the window is 7PM - 7Am). During the day they fall faster than those of regular sims, even indoors or in cars. Outside, the needs are in free fall. Best solution is to get your vamp sims into a coffin as soon as it gets close to sunrise.

Another source of vamprocillin, if the site is still active, is Parsimonious. They have bottles of elixirs for all the exotic states, both to become and get out of. Tons of other cool stuff, too.
    edited September 2018
    I can speak only from my own experience, so it will probably vary with the rest of you folks. The only time I've seen the count(ess) autonomously bite is when they had a high level relationship with the victim, no asking by either party, and it could happen anywhere. If my own sims were vampires, they could bite anyone they had a good relationship with, but it was under player control. No asking first, either. Unlike TS4, biting is to transform into vampires, not drain the victim's blood. Have checked the book, and it says that once a sim has been bitten, the master/townie vamps will autonomously bite sims with whom they have a high relationship up to 10% of the population. Once that cap has been hit, only player controlled vamp sims may continue to bite.

Concerning needs, they do not drop at night (the window is 7PM - 7Am). During the day they fall faster than those of regular sims, even indoors or in cars. Outside, the needs are in free fall. Best solution is to get your vamp sims into a coffin as soon as it gets close to sunrise.

Another source of vamprocillin, if the site is still active, is Parsimonious. They have bottles of elixirs for all the exotic states, both to become and get out of. Tons of other cool stuff, too.

Thanks for clairity, but as I said, Seasons got three patches and one of those ( I thought it was the last one) severely lowered the chances of any 'surprise' happening and reduced the firing of Sims to demotions since so many were complaining about bad stuff happening to their Sims by the time The Sim Studio (2007) took over from Maxis in Emerville and Ron Humble decided to change many things about TS2. ETA: I think it was reduced to no more than 3 Sims would be bitten by the count etc. and usually witnessed by our Sims the next time we visited a community lot. SnootySims used to have the list of all things changed and chances lowered and what the previous ratio (before the Seasons patches) and what they had lowered those ratios down to, almost non existant, when The Sims Studio started pumping out the last EPs.
    I've heard lots of not nice things about non humble Humble, how he messed up the game badly. Isn't he the basis of the rather arrogant and demanding computer drop off guy? I remember the guide book for whichever pack it was taking a shot at him.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I've heard lots of not nice things about non humble Humble, how he messed up the game badly. Isn't he the basis of the rather arrogant and demanding computer drop off guy? I remember the guide book for whichever pack it was taking a shot at him.

Yes that is his simself dropping off the pc.. rather annoying to have him in game, I would mod it out, but I want the free computer. :joy:
    Yeah, that free PC is very handy. Saves a chunk of $, and is usually more reliable than most of the regular game ones.
    I give that pc away because if I don't it ruins my poor Sims lives because then I am tempted to sell it and get them a chunk of money. And it sometimes tempts me to let my other Sims, who aren't living in modern times, use it. They have to dig for something worthwhile. lol
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Can you still get the Sims 2 somewhere? That is one that I never was able to play or own and have heard alot about it lately, can you still get it anywhere?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    @smurfy77 wrote: »
    Can you still get the Sims 2 somewhere? That is one that I never was able to play or own and have heard alot about it lately, can you still get it anywhere?

Hi :)
    Where have you looked?
    Have you checked out some topics here about getting it?