Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Izzy’s Shop Discussion

Comments

• cuddlepuddlecuddlepuddle Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm really into fashion so i was really excited about Izzy's Shop, but I feel totally duped. Of course, the first 2 things I got for my sims were cute-ish and at least had a print on them. So thinking I would get similar designs or better, I bought the 100 gem package, used them all (got 5 things), and srsly got the most BASIC. JUNK. EVER...not even 1 thing I remotely liked. I don't want my sims looking basic, so I won't be wearing any of it, a total waste of $5. Clearly they made a bunch of super plain boring stuff to make the rarer stuff look better. I won't be spending anymore money on fashion gems. Seems like most people on here are disappointed with Izzy's & i think it's time for them to reevaluate. They should toss the basic stuff. The clothes don't all have to be amazing, just not plain af. I'd spend crazy money on gems if the clothes were cuter. Which brings me to my other point...why limit us to 35 items? And if we have to be limited, definitely don't remove the option to delete clothes! If they did that on purpose it was a horrible decision.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    Izzy has a limit because of game performance. Having too many izzy items crashes some devices. The return option is back. EA had it disabled for a while because they were fixing a bug. I suggest updating your game if you haven't. You can earn gems by going to or throwing parties that reach level 10, Players giving your sims stickers and watching videos when they come up. I do agree there is some junk in izzy's store however there are ways to roll better items. You need to save up allot of gems ( 500 or more ) to better you odds and use the reroll option if you get something you don't like. You can pin things down you want to keep but change color , effect or trait. There are youtube videos on how to do that.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @cuddlepuddle I answered you in above message and forgot to page you
  • IvanaHaffunIvanaHaffun Posts: 11 New Member
    We need a competitor to izzy! I keep getting the same ugly outfits that no one would wear.
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    Three new items today:). All dull duplicates of things I have:(. Not worth the effort
  • LaVitaESabelLaVitaESabel Posts: 43 Member
    I have 3 clothes that are alike, and is just different in term of color. I can't wear the other one as it has a nimbus cloud on top of my character's head whenever he wears it and he looks so funny.
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    Have you ever had a migraine headache? That’s what some of Izzy’s clothing effects look like. I have to immediately trash them. Wish he could be more inventive, and not so repetitive.
  • AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    I wish it was more self-customizable rather random, as it does have that heavy 16 token price. Not having gender neutral clothes is annoying too. The effects are kind of cool but I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks of them as "over the top", lol. One or two items is good though.
  • ZeizeinaZeizeina Posts: 17 Member
    I got the yellow victorian vampire dress. It's the only valuable thing that I got.
  • st0rmtrooperxst0rmtrooperx Posts: 33 Member
    Never got my fashion gems on Monday for last week's sticker contest. Usually I get them a few hours after the contest ends. I need to retire some sims :(
  • jojoegli_1297jojoegli_1297 Posts: 2 New Member
    I do love this game but spending the gems I earn on Izzy’s shop only to continue getting male stuff is bonkers!! It’s frustrating to repeatedly get guy stuff when I have a female and want female stuff!! Is there anything you can do about that?!
  • jojoegli_1297jojoegli_1297 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="foussi;c-16430530"]Smh its cool but annoying, saved up izzy gems only to get the same looking top for females even though all my sims in the house are male.[/quote]

EXACTLY!!
  • mett5720mett5720 Posts: 6 New Member
    I’m getting more repeated items these days than new items and it’s honestly such a rip off. We need a gender select button before starting, and there is no reason why the shop cannot be prevented from creating duplicates!
  • FeistFeist Posts: 1 New Member
    The most important thing is, EA need to, nope.. EA should make a complete guide wikipedia, especially for izzy shop with full list of it clothes, traits and effects from common to rare. THIS IS IMPORTANT !!!!!! WHO AGREE LIKE THIS COMMENT !!!!! MAKE ALL THOSE EA SIMS MOBILE'S GM OR STAFF OR WHATSOEVER READ THIS COMMENT. MAKE A GOD 🐸🐸🐸🐸 FULL GUIDE EA !!!!!
  • mett5720mett5720 Posts: 6 New Member
    Okay, the duplication of outfits is getting completely out of hand. I’ve gotten the exact same pair of male shorts THREE TIMES NOW. There is no reason at all why Izzy’s alogorithm can not exclude duplicates. This is just a rip off at this point. It takes so long to gain gems! Even at 8 a day from parties, that’s three days to get one outfit. EA, please fix this.
  • CeeameeCeeamee Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm really not too thrilled with Izzy's shop anymore. I used to try to time my retirements around the weeks so that I could get the bonus gems, but even that doesn't seem worth it anymore. More and more people seem to not give out stickers, and it's capped at 9 per character anyways. No matter how many stickers I get, if I hit the cap it will always just give 9. I am glad that they have at least upped the amount of gems that you can get to 8 a day, so I will be going back to not really caring much about when I retire and focus more on getting the heirlooms.

Things that could greatly help Izzy's shop would be to allow us to select the gender of the item that we get. That alone, that one single thing, would help soooooo much. I don't have a single male Sim even though i have all 4 opened, so the male items I get area completely wasted. It can be a little defeating to spend all week saving up gems and working to get them only to get all male items that I can't use. That has happened. Of course there are other things, but I won't forget that EA is a company and they want to make money as well. If they would just do that one thing it would be so very helpful!
  • GG_AbernathyGG_Abernathy Posts: 7 New Member
    It would be nice if I go to Izzy's with a female Sim, I get gear for her, same if it's a male. It would be nice if after a certain level (like 30), as a reward for sticking with the game, we don't get the same basic BS from Izzy. That's called incentive, EA.
  • floraboraamorfloraboraamor Posts: 9 New Member
    no great improvements. i still get the same basic items. i wish it was more interactive that doesnt cost so many gems to make gems. wearing the clothes has no extra benefits playing the game.
  • VixellyVixelly Posts: 2 New Member
    How should we get gems aside from attending or hosting a party? When it was easier to get some by just giving out 3 stickers. But now that option was totally removed.
  • Kaleen86Kaleen86 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having a problem with Izzy - every time I try to access the shop or change my sims' appearance with an Izzy fashion, my game crashes. It's been going on for weeks. I know I have 35/35 fashions but can't get in there to delete any. I've contacted EA support and told to post on their forum but I can't log on over there for some reason. Any else having these problems?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Kaleen86 wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with Izzy - every time I try to access the shop or change my sims' appearance with an Izzy fashion, my game crashes. It's been going on for weeks. I know I have 35/35 fashions but can't get in there to delete any. I've contacted EA support and told to post on their forum but I can't log on over there for some reason. Any else having these problems?

Hello @Kaleen86
    This thread is a guide to the AHQ EA forums which may help you
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Welcome-to-the-Sims-Section-of-AHQ/td-p/6931624
    Try logging into this EA site
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims
    Then go to the AHQ EA site and try to log in there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mobile/ct-p/the-sims-mobile-en
    Thanks for the feedback, rosemow, but I can't access the second site. Weird!
    Thanks again, rosemow, I did read that thread, which has been closed, but I can't post on that board anyway as I can't log in.
    I did contact support - they said they couldn't do anything and gave me 100 simoleons. A generous gesture :-) but I already have over 400,000 in my bank.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    Save your Fashion Gems until you're ready to try your luck.
    TBImXnt.gif