Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Quick Guide to SimLit - Sims Story FAQ

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    addie19 wrote: »
    Quick question: How do you guys come up with titles for your stories? I love writing so I'd like to try this out but I'm stuck on a title..

i actually didn't. people started calling it the benders and it stuck.

Its a good name. XD
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Quick question: How do you guys come up with titles for your stories? I love writing so I'd like to try this out but I'm stuck on a title..

i actually didn't. people started calling it the benders and it stuck.

Its a good name. XD

thats not even the ironic part. pegasus from the writers lounge was the one who started calling it the benders and because i read part of one sentence she typed when the lounge started and part of another her name went from pegasus to mackie. so i told her one day she named the benders and i named her. mackie also stuck.lol
    > @simscognito said:
    > addie19 wrote: »
    >
    > Quick question: How do you guys come up with titles for your stories? I love writing so I'd like to try this out but I'm stuck on a title..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi @addie19 have you tried brainstorming lots of different words that describe or fit your story and seeing if anything sparks your imagination? That's what I sometimes do when I'm stuck.

That's a good idea, I'm ashamed to say I haven't thought of that yet xD

Ahh don't be ashamed. I'm actually pretty terrible at coming up with titles but this one worked for me. :joy:

how did you come up with friends and foes?
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    > Quick question: How do you guys come up with titles for your stories? I love writing so I'd like to try this out but I'm stuck on a title..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi @addie19 have you tried brainstorming lots of different words that describe or fit your story and seeing if anything sparks your imagination? That's what I sometimes do when I'm stuck.

Ahh don't be ashamed. I'm actually pretty terrible at coming up with titles but this one worked for me. :joy:

Friends of Foes :joy: I don't know. I think it's because of the concept of someone becoming best friends with their enemy.
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Friends of Foes :joy: I don't know. I think it's because of the concept of someone becoming best friends with their enemy.

hey its your fault i messed up the title .i called it friends and foes since reading the introduction did you correct me before now . no. :p
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

if they all became friends why are they fighting? that would make the title friends of friends. lol. sorry just thought of that.
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

if they all became friends why are they fighting? that would make the title friends of friends. lol. sorry just thought of that.

I'll put that question to them next time I'm in game. :joy:
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

i missed you.
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

i missed you.

Did I disappear again? :joy:
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

i missed you.

no but i have to pick on you while your here.
    > @simscognito said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

i missed you.

no just making up for the time you were gone. :)
  • tramtram Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello !!
    I'm new around here :smile:

Thank you for this very helpful guide.
    I'm about to start a story that I've had in my mind for a while.

What are we allowed to show in this forum ?
    If I have a love story with a love scene, I'm I allowed to show nudity or explicit sex ?
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    tram wrote: »
    Hello !!

If I have a love story with a love scene, I'm I allowed to show nudity or explicit sex ?

Since we have readers of all ages here, the answer is no. I would recommend creating a blog for your story where you will be less limited. Then you can start a thread dedicated to your story here on the forums and put a link to your blog there.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    > @Maladi777 said:
    > tram wrote: »
    >
    > Hello !!
    > I'm new around here :smile:
    >
    > Thank you for this very helpful guide.
    > I'm about to start a story that I've had in my mind for a while.
    >
    > What are we allowed to show in this forum ?
    > If I have a love story with a love scene, I'm I allowed to show nudity or explicit sex ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Since we have readers of all ages here, the answer is no. I would recommend creating a blog for your story where you will be less limited. Then you can start a thread dedicated to your story here on the forums and put a link to your blog there.

Thank you for your answer !

But I can do that ? If I specify that it's very nfsw ?
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello !!

Thank you for your answer !

But I can do that ? If I specify that it's very nfsw ?

You can always just link to your blog, like @Maladi777 said. As for what you can post on this site, I think the general rule is to keep things PG. Another helpful thing is to look at what other simmers have posted here. If you need any help, you can ask here or head to the Writer's Lounge. :)
    Got it.
    Thank you for being so helpful ^^
    I guess I'll have to find another place to share my most graphic ideas and keep it PG for here.

Thank you again !
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    Man, where was this guide when I had my first baby steps (and resulting faceplants!)? Very helpful for beginners. Wish I had known about it back when. :)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Glad it was helpful! Back when I made the guide people often came to writer's lounge and asked the same questions. Some people were discouraged because they felt like they were doing it "wrong", which can't really happen, but I realized they had a need for guidance and insights from more experienced writers :) that's how this guide happened! I can only hope that many beginners read it and feel a little less lost :)
  • Can I once I become a full member make a thread for my novella Finding Hope as I am playing with the characters right now? Thanks
    Can I once I become a full member make a thread for my novella Finding Hope as I am playing with the characters right now? Thanks

@RavenclawDragonlord yes you can. :)
  • MamaSimMachoMamaSimMacho Posts: 31 Member
    Hi everyone!

New SimLit writer here! (Okay, not really really new....I've been writing stories since the very first Sims! Just new to the forums).

I've started a soap opera and am working on getting it ready to share! My goal is to have it ready when I'm finally a full member!

Thanks for the helpful information located in this thread!!

• Mama •

ps. I seem to use a great number of exclamation points! Just my excitement to be here I guess!!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Hi everyone!

New SimLit writer here! (Okay, not really really new....I've been writing stories since the very first Sims! Just new to the forums).

I've started a soap opera and am working on getting it ready to share! My goal is to have it ready when I'm finally a full member!

Thanks for the helpful information located in this thread!!

• Mama •

ps. I seem to use a great number of exclamation points! Just my excitement to be here I guess!!

Welcome to the forums, Mama! I love your excitement! Feel free to swing by the Writers' Lounge when you want to share links to your stories and chat with others!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MISSInsanity245MISSInsanity245 Posts: 80 Member
    Hey there! I'm new to Simlit, along with the forums! I am planning on writing a basic legacy challenge based story, and am currently writing the first chapter! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but how would i make a family tree? (I apologize if this isn't the correct forum to ask :| )
    -Missinsanity
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey there! I'm new to Simlit, along with the forums! I am planning on writing a basic legacy challenge based story, and am currently writing the first chapter! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but how would i make a family tree? (I apologize if this isn't the correct forum to ask :| )
    -Missinsanity
    One way to do so is Plum Tree app made specifically for sims. Some simmers also use Family Echo. Pick what suits your needs best. Welcome to the large family of simlit writers and have fun writing your own story.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • MISSInsanity245MISSInsanity245 Posts: 80 Member
    @Maladi777 I tried using family echo but have no idea how to save the tree as a picture :( Thanks btw!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top