Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cruise pack anyone?!

Okay. Think. Vacation time. Your sim plans 3 days on a cruise ship! With excursions like scuba diving, and swimming with dolphins, maybe “hunting for treasure” pirate style with a metal detector? There be on ship restaurants, pools, spa, bars, and entertainment. Theme nights like on a cruise ship. Dinner with the Captain. Glamor night. Art auction. Singles night. Movie night. It’s really easy to make work, most of the things on a cruise ship is in the game already. Just have to work out the “ship location” and the excursion locations and actions.

New careers. Cruise ship Captain! Stewardess, deck hand, etc.

Literally this is making me excited thinking about it. Idk about y’all but this would be something different the sims haven’t done yet. I kinda don’t want university. It’s been played out. I want different. Who’s ready for a cruise?!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That sounds like a lot of fun. Permission to come aboard!
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    The Love Boat - awesome!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    My parents went on a cruise and loved it. I'm up for that. It would need to be an EP though so there could be a few different destinations.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    It's different. Sounds like a lot of fun. They could separate each deck like a neighborhood and I'd love to be able to take my sims out to sea.
    WbUrFQm.png
    I can see my elder sims playing Shuffle Board as I type this. And, if the Shuffle Board object could be placed anywhere, then I would make a Senior Center where elders could spend the day playing cards, shuffle board, chess, etc.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I'd love a cruise pack! It could be a game pack by itself or if it came with some type of Island Paradise theme (maybe replacing house boats or having both) I think it would be a great never done before idea.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    If I could create a CRUISE SHIP pack, I think it might go like this:

When you "buy" a ticket, you get to choose between three different cruise locations, Island Voyage, Mediterranean Voyage or Alaskan Voyage.
    Next you choose the ships deck level that you want to stay on. Each level has only one working rentable room/suite and they vary in size and price.

The Grand Stateroom on the Grand Deck might be the largest and most luxurious with a small deck/balcony.
    The Rivera Stateroom on the Rivera Deck might have more bedrooms and be for a family to enjoy.
    The Aloha Stateroom on the Aloha Deck might be smaller but have a small balcony for viewing.
    The Plaza Stateroom on the Plaza Deck might have an ocean view but through portals and has no balcony.
    The Fiesta Stateroom on the Fiesta Deck would be an interior suite with no view but the least expensive.

There would also be:
    The Promenade Deck that has the shops, gym, spa, Med center, etc.
    The Lido Deck has a restaurant and a bar and a night club with shows for entertainment.
    The Sun Deck would have the pool, hot tub, shuffle board, deck chairs, etc. Any outside activities.

The ship would be the same with each voyage but the view from the ship would depend on the location you selected. Along the route, there would be spots for taking pictures of sights along the way. The ship would make only a few stops and your sim could never leave the dock where there will always be locals selling souvenirs or food stalls selling local food and local music to enjoy (something similar to the CL festivals, each with a different theme).

A Cruise Ship is really nothing but a floating resort, so maybe they could be a pack together.

Those are my ideas for a Cruise Ship Pack, what are yours?
  • harrysbirdharrysbird Posts: 17 Member
    That is very best great ideas.

I will suggest to add cruise to Thailand, Cambodia, South Korea and more.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want a Nordic cruise, or a Kiwi cruise, or a Greek islands cruise.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2018
    Okay response to @Dannydanbo.

Number one, it would definitely need to be a vacation destination, and I feel like it needs to only be a choice of 3 days maybe 5 days max. It not be a select an amount of days vacation cause I feel like 3 days would give the proper experience. One day on ship, 1-3 days at destination, one day back on ship, and then you are home.

Which personally, when I was on a cruise, the ship was the best part honestly. It has everything you need anyways. So again, I think if they did it for a fixed 3 day vacation, that would be fine with me.

I love the three choice destinations, and the room/suite idea. And I like the “only one working” area, that’s fine, but I would like rabbit hole neighbors in the area, so it doesn’t feel empty.

I love how you have a break down of activity decks. I really want themes too though, or like random activities that happen, like the night back on the boat on your way home be “dinner with the captain” or the next time you cruise, “singles night”. Or maybe promotional events like “book now for a romantic cruise”. And it be themed around couples. Or choose a theme you want the cruise to have before going on the cruise. That might be harder to do though. I just like how the CL pack has the festivals, but like, more options than what they have, and then put them on a boat.

I disagree about the same ships, it would be easy to change them up for different voyages. Like one ship for each location, but each ship be different. That way you have different options.

I’m a girl that likes options.
    But don’t forget about the excursions! We would need things to do once we reach the destination, and things to collect or buy Souvenirs to bring back and gift to people.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I can see my elder sims playing Shuffle Board as I type this. And, if the Shuffle Board object could be placed anywhere, then I would make a Senior Center where elders could spend the day playing cards, shuffle board, chess, etc.

I can too. And the sunbathers. And the buffet deck. Hahaha.

In my Cruise pack idea, the ship itself is the destination and being on the voyage and eating all you want and doing all the things you can do on a cruise ship. I suggested stopping at ports but there would be no exploring the village because I don't see the devs creating three or four new worlds (even small ones) just to visit for a day while in port. So, I decided that the ship itself should be the experience. If we want a destination, we can go camping or exploring in the other vacation worlds. There is the chance that you might not hear the ships warning horns and miss the ship.

And yes, there would be other sims in other "rooms" also on vacation to interact with or maybe fall in love. And yes there could be themed cruises, singles, gay, family, etc.

I don't think, other than a few color changes, the devs will want to use resources making several ships. For the most part, our sims will be in their suites or the shops or in a restaurant. There will be time spent above deck swimming, sunning, playing games. etc.
    edited September 2018
    In my Cruise pack idea, the ship itself is the destination and being on the voyage and eating all you want and doing all the things you can do on a cruise ship. I suggested stopping at ports but there would be no exploring the village because I don't see the devs creating three or four new worlds (even small ones) just to visit for a day while in port. So, I decided that the ship itself should be the experience. If we want a destination, we can go camping or exploring in the other vacation worlds. There is the chance that you might not hear the ships warning horns and miss the ship.

And yes, there would be other sims in other "rooms" also on vacation to interact with or maybe fall in love. And yes there could be themed cruises, singles, gay, family, etc.

I don't think, other than a few color changes, the devs will want to use resources making several ships. For the most part, our sims will be in their suites or the shops or in a restaurant. There will be time spent above deck swimming, sunning, playing games. etc.

Oh I agree. The destination would just be one lot, which like a store and a tiki bar, and maybe the beach with the option to “treasure hunt” or swim with dolphins. Maybe the dolphins drown you, maybe you see a mermaid, maybe the mermaids drown you, maybe the mermaids give you the fountain of youth potion. Not a whole world, cause I agree, the cruise ship would be the “world” but that’s also why I think if we did expansion, it could be more than one ship. If it’s just game pack, I think one ship would suffice.

And again, a lot of the destination interactions could be rabbit hole themed. Like “scuba diving” and then give you a moodlet based on how it went. Like rabbit hole excursions, and then just come back with a moodlet, or maybe a pop up option and they come back with something they found while out. Those things would be easy to put into the game and make it feel more rounded.

I’m also a sucker for a good rabbit hole interaction though. Rabbit hole boat comedy shows, rabbit hole boat broadway shows..and so on. Just rabbit hole options. With pop ups.

That’s all I really need to help me build a story.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    buhlynnduh wrote: »
    Okay. Think. Vacation time. Your sim plans 3 days on a cruise ship! With excursions like scuba diving, and swimming with dolphins, maybe “hunting for treasure” pirate style with a metal detector? There be on ship restaurants, pools, spa, bars, and entertainment. Theme nights like on a cruise ship. Dinner with the Captain. Glamor night. Art auction. Singles night. Movie night. It’s really easy to make work, most of the things on a cruise ship is in the game already. Just have to work out the “ship location” and the excursion locations and actions.

Literally this is making me excited thinking about it. Idk about y’all but this would be something different the sims haven’t done yet. I kinda don’t want university. It’s been played out. I want different. Who’s ready for a cruise?!

Like these ideas but we also need beach activities when the boat docks eg shell hunting,building sand castles,wave watching and sunbathing. I am down for cruises though.

Edit
    Also I want Heart Shaped Hottubs for two sims.
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member

I still want the University but I love this idea!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I really dislike cruiships irl but many the activities that the OP mentions sound great.
    I would love to have scuba diving, hunting for treasure, being able to build lots on floating platforms/ships, art auction, and it would also mean the ability to combine different lot types in one. All of that sounds awesome!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    I really dislike cruiships irl but many the activities that the OP mentions sound great.
    I would love to have scuba diving, hunting for treasure, being able to build lots on floating platforms/ships, art auction, and it would also mean the ability to combine different lot types in one. All of that sounds awesome!

I feel like the cruise aspect could bring that tropical theme people are wanting, and add to the game in a way we haven’t seen before.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I feel like the cruise aspect could bring that tropical theme people are wanting, and add to the game in a way we haven’t seen before.

I don't want anything tropical.
    IF a cruise was added, I'd really want it to be Mediterranean(or Nordic, or Kiwi)
    I have no interest in the tropics at all.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    We have a TROPICAL pack with Jungle Adventure. We don't need two and they wouldn't make a second one anyway. If by tropical, you mean BEACH, then please say beach instead.
    We have a TROPICAL pack with Jungle Adventure. We don't need two and they wouldn't make a second one anyway. If by tropical, you mean BEACH, then please say beach instead.

Okay. Let’s not fight. I mean beach. Lol.

Okay. Let’s not fight. I mean beach. Lol.

Don't wanna fight, just trying to keep things clear for those who came in after the movie started. :)
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I really would love for us to be able to build our own but I don't know if it can work.

Like there would have to be different "lots" on the boat. So you can have different lot types like shops and restaurants but then also there would be loading screens and that would be annoying.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I really would love for us to be able to build our own but I don't know if it can work.

Like there would have to be different "lots" on the boat. So you can have different lot types like shops and restaurants but then also there would be loading screens and that would be annoying.

My best guess is that the "ship" itself would be a shell (like an apartment building in CL) but we could edit each suite or shop or any "public" areas on the ship but not move or expand them. The entire ship would be like one neighborhood and the suites, shops and public areas would be the lots to edit.