Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Temperature effects on sims: on or off?

Do you have temperature effects on sims set to on or off?

Gallery ID: babysquare

Temperature effects on sims: on or off? 140 votes

On
77%
TheStarHermitJaiSeaKita5399IcewolfJaseLaBlue0314KHS12IceyJSimmervilleColorist40AyradyssoveronSimpatsyannmcruddkeekee53elanorbretonRococo1256invisiblgirlMariefoxprice83DJQ1308 108 votes
Off
8%
Lavasm77Bagoas77VuloriSimGuruGrahamMaggieMarleyQueenMercyDestin2016RedShoe7TheGoodOldGamerBabySquarecalaprfyEveryDaySim 12 votes
It varies
14%
Goldmoldarsoulofadragon1BlkBarbiegalVibseWritin_Regashcrash19SummerStreakcheifeagleeyeInternal_ChaosHermitgirlSpiritharttmcevoy1121wx_lixfilipomelbirdonawireXxItalianPeachesxXAmandèlehermioniaClaire88thedoggowhisperer 20 votes

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Off
    I don't like how they stay in their cold weather gear indoor despite the heating being on, plus more than one hot drink and they overheat, so I've got temperature effects off for now.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    On
    I can't imagine ever turning off temperature effects. I love that they add that little bit of unpredictability to the game. Then again, I've only had one sim die to weather effects by accident.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    On
    I only did it once because I was working on some graphics issues, and turned off my weather and effects until I could figure out the correct setting for my computer. After that everything came back on.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    On
    On, so they finally stop shivering/sweating. They'd probably die in RL. It adds just a touch more consequence when the bill comes in and the complaints start because my sims (me) forgot and left it on too long... :3
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    It varies
    It varies. For my legacy household, I have it off because I don't want them to randomly die, but when i'm playing a challenge I have it on.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It varies
    I'm still testing it all out. I'm just trying it off just recently. That way I still see and hear everything but I don't have to worry about my sims bad moodlets mostly.
    I'm pretty sure I'll go back and forth though depending on the save.
    I've found that I like the Seasons to be 14 days and in my current save I've got rain and thunderstorms off.. (although sometimes rain still happens .. not sure why). Either way options are good.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    On
    What's the point of having Seasons if it doesn't impact your sims?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I play with it off ever since I had sims burning to death in the winter with their fireplace on and since it has not been fixed ( even in new games I make) I play with it off just so they dont die for a reason they should not be dying for .
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    On
    On. I like the temperature specific outfits, and have not had any issues with sims dying. They give a warning (in the form of a moodlet) when sims overheat/freeze. I actually wish it was easier for sims to die that way, lol.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    On
    On... because immersion/realism. If I need a sim to dodge the weather for any reason, such as avoiding the bride wearing a parka to her wedding, I save up for the aspiration buffs.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Off
    I cannot be bothered with raised bills and sims dying due to the weather!

I bought Seasons for the calendar and thunderstorms.
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    On
    On. It gives a more realistic feel to the game. Sure the bills get incredibly higher, but in real life, you wouldn't just not be affected by the heat or cold.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    It varies
    In my rotational saves I usually have it turned off because I don't want my played sims dying on me, on my saves where I only play one family then I usually have it turned on. Until they finally fix the issue where unplayed sims die, then I'll just have to keep it turned off for some of my saves.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    On
    On, but I can't say I've noticed anything different. I forgot about their power bills, I might have to switch them off! :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    On
    It hasn't had any devastating effects in my game - between the hot and cold weather clothing and the thermostat, my Sims seem to do just fine. I worry more about thunderstorms, but they do 'run inside' when that happens.

I had one warning when my Sim returned from school on a heat wave day and wasn't sensible enough to change into hot weather clothing, and a couple of times the game has notified me that my toddlers are too hot in their pajamas. I generally wait until I see the 'cold' moodlet to turn on the heat in the Autumn/Winter, and otherwise dress them appropriately if they're going to be outside. In any case, weather is supposed to affect my Sims and game play, that's rather the point of the expansion pack.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    On
    Never tried to adjust this setting, and I think it mostly works as intended. I like that my sims get cold and warm depending on seasons. When filming I might turn it off though, but have not done so yet.

The only thing that is a tad annoying is that when playing rotationally, I wish the thermostat would adjust itself re cooling/heating. Seems weird stopping by a house mid winter finding their thermostat is still set on "cooler". One should believe they had adjusted it long before. If playing one house I see this as a nice little thing to do when seasons change.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HistoricKiwiHistoricKiwi Posts: 63 Member
    On
    I have never really ought to think of turning the temperature effects off..mainly because I never adjust my setting but as I think about it, I like it for my gameplay, personally.
    Temperature effects add a sort of realistic touch to gameplay during the seasons. I have also have never minded about increasing my bills for a thermostat in summer and/or winter.
  • soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    It varies
    i don't usually turn it off. but it all depends on how im playing the sims that day
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I cannot be bothered with raised bills and sims dying due to the weather!

I bought Seasons for the calendar and thunderstorms.

Me either, the reactions are too overdone as usual.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2018
    It varies
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't like how they stay in their cold weather gear indoor despite the heating being on, plus more than one hot drink and they overheat, so I've got temperature effects off for now.

does the thermostat even work? I feel that i dont need to use it because during super hot days no sim complained of it being hot indoors. Or does it depend on the world?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    On

does the thermostat even work? I feel that i dont need to use it because during super hot days no sim complained of it being hot indoors. Or does it depend on the world?

@BlkBarbiegal You can also choose to have the weather affect your Sims or not affect them in the Options menu. Therefore, you probably won't need a thermostat if this is enabled.

It's been a while since I saw it (sorry) but I believe this stands for all neighborhoods.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    On
    I've never tried turning them off. Seems like a fun-killer to me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    On

I know people shouldn't have to use mods, but there IS a mod that actually fixes that. Sims will automatically change out of hot/cold weather outfits when they come inside IF the thermostat is set appropriately.

It's the thermostat outfit weak one.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    On
    otherwise, wheres the fun? :D
    Question, is it just in my game or do Vampires absolutely not care about temperature effects??? :/
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋