Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming content to be teased Oct 2nd (Today)

Comments

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Could be the disabilities patch. That's certainly news worthy.

Probably too soon for that, wasn’t long ago that Grant started talking about it and I imagine it’d take a good year to develop.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Probably too soon for that, wasn’t long ago that Grant started talking about it and I imagine it’d take a good year to develop.

Sometimes they just talk about things way after they are in the middle of creating them. To test the waters, get some final input, get people talking, etc
    Like when they did the supernatural surveys, I doubt none of the ones on the polls was already on the works.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited September 2018
    Nothing has been decided about disabilities otherwise they would tell us. CNN is doing a story about the voice actors. What would they have to do with disabilities? It's about voice acting while speaking a new language, Simlish.

Click the link and read the Sims Community article people. It's all right there about voice acting.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Scott Whyte's Facebook post calls it "a special on voicing this amazing game." Sounds to me like the 'special' is a behind the scenes look at doing voice work for The Sims.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I read the articles this time, and it seems like the titles are misleading. Danny is right. The special is on voice acting, and one of the actors said he can't wait for the patch to drop. So it's more like a regular BTS with one of the VAs hyping the next update. Which could be something big or not, depending on how excitable the actor is.

Although if you think about it, do you think the next content patch makes use of new voice acting and that's why he was excited? If it does, maybe it's a new feature? I imagine new clothes/objects or UI changes don't require any voice acting
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I'd rather it be cars.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Crosses fingers for witches or mermaids.

Mermaids would most likely come in a beach pack.

They could come in a fish pack, with chips, and a wedge of lemon.
    1423789537840.jpg

I might pay full price for this! >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

No no no, I am not watching it! And nobody can make me!
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    not so sweet meat treats lol

meat face pack for Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror fans ;)

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited September 2018
    Can someone be a sweet simmer and let us know what the upcoming content will be? I don't want to watch a live stream with info about sim mobile and console. I only play on PC.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2018
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Can someone be a sweet simmer and let us know what the upcoming content will be? I don't want to watch a live stream with info about sim mobile and console. I only play on PC.

We won't know until Next Tuesday unless it's leaked first which I hope it isnt cause that would spoil the suprise.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0.

Why, oh why? :'( This would only give me hope they're bringing us an Entertainment pack.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0.

Why, oh why? :'( This would only give me hope they're bringing us an Entertainment pack.

Katy Perry? Entertainment? That's funny! "I kissed a sim and I liked it........" :D
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2018
    Another question that arises is: Do we even have a table this long in the game like on the render below?

a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Another question that arises is: Do we even have a table this long in the game like on the render below?

That's art created by the art department, not a screen shot from the game. An artist created that painting.
  • Options
    RexySimmerRexySimmer Posts: 171 Member
    I have some theories;

1: Disabilities (The SimGurus have stayed it is something that is actively being considered)
    2: Island Living (Following the recent Caribbean patch with ceiling fans and sliding doors it feels they are leading up to an Island world)
    3: Something Supernatural related (The Sims 4 has been lacking in this kind of content compared to other games in the franchise and with Halloween around the corner it feels tight to release werewolves or witches next)

I would be happy with any of these especially 2 and 3!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    What if they have updated teens with new voices? That could explain the voice work...
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Sure we do, we have 8 seater tables if you look to the left where they added a seat for the Sim in the blue jacket. the one getting a kiss, his chair is out of place. look at the leg of the table his knee would hit that end table leg. Now look at the other end where you see people in the same but opposite area standing, and no chair there as it should be. You never place a chair that far to the end of a table. Both sides of the table would take only 3 dining chairs, and one on each end, making a table for 8 Sims. You need elbow room at a table.

I am seeing it wrong?

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Yep that’s the base game mission style table. The Sims are posed around it in ways that aren’t replicable in-game, but that’s typical for promotional renderings.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That's art created by the art department, not a screen shot from the game. An artist created that painting.

I think it’s a mixture of both. They have a sim poser that they use to get the initial shot and then take the image into photoshop and do touch ups and some edits for things like facial expressions, shadows, mesh distortions, etc.
  • Options
    soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    awesome cant wait. I just started playing again after being away from the sims all summer. new content makes things interesting.
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I never noticed before, but the picture in the Maxis Monthly is very similar to da Vinci's The Last Supper.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I never noticed before, but the picture in the Maxis Monthly is very similar to da Vinci's The Last Supper.

I think that's kind of the point. A message from the creators.
  • Options
    I just noticed: is that backpack object in the render already in the game? Could it be related to their announcement?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I just noticed: is that backpack object in the render already in the game? Could it be related to their announcement?

I believe it is already in the game. Looks like the same backpack that's in decorations.
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I believe it is already in the game. Looks like the same backpack that's in decorations.

Oh. I wonder if its inclusion in the render means anything, or if it's just a random trinket 🤔

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top