Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Household not installing properly

Hello all,
I downloaded a household from the exchange. It showed up in my launcher, and I installed it. However, it is not showing up in the household gallery in-game. When I go back to the launcher, the household shows up as not being installed. I have all the required packs and even bought the store stuff, so I have no idea what the problem could be.
I would appreciate it a lot if anybody knew how to fix this.
FB-final-trailer-niffler-slide.gif

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The problem could be the file you're downloading or in your game folder. To narrow things down, try installing the household in a clean folder—pull your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game. The new folder won't have any content in it, including store items and cc. Once you've installed only this new household, see whether it shows up in-game. If it does, you could try moving the corresponding Library file into your existing game folder.

If the household doesn't install even into your clean folder, you could try copying your store content into it from your old folder. (It's bundled in .ebc files in DCCache, and your ccmerged.package in DCBackup is necessary to make premium content work, although that's probably not relevant to this issue.) But if the household won't even install into a clean folder, it's probably corrupt.

You might also want to check the clean folder for any unwanted cc. Some creators add it to their uploads but don't list the extra items. Bring up the launcher (with the clean folder still in place), and click the "installed content" tab; everything that installed with the household should be listed there.
  • Options
    HuffleFluffStuffHuffleFluffStuff Posts: 29 Member
    Thank you, I think I found the problem: there are two sims with CC hair that was not mentioned ! It works now.
    FB-final-trailer-niffler-slide.gif