Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbit Hole Options

You know, I was on the Cruise post, and I was talking about rabbit hole options.

I realize we don’t have very many in this game. Not many job rabbit hole options, not many actions where they go do something and then come back with a moodlet. We need more rabbit holes. I used those things to help build my game in the last game. They would go see a sports game, or go to the theatre and then come home with a moodlet. But the father and son would go see a game, and that would be a part of my “story” as a bonding experience.

I miss all the rabbit hole options.

Which ones would you like to see?

Personally, I want more job options.

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I miss the rabbit hole holiday for adults, from ts3.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited September 2018
    I wasn't over fond of the Rabbit Holes but I will say this I felt that it was appropriate for a few things:
    • Office Jobs - Business, Journalism etc. I would prefer to follow the Sims into the Lobby and the Elevator be the start of the Rabbit Hole
    • The Town Hall
    • Classes
    • School & University Classes
    • Subways
    • Theatre - Plays
    • Mausoleum
    • Hospital - Kinda, I personally think some Hospital functions would have been fun to have played through
    • Movie Lots for Actors

I despised the Rabbit Holes for:
    • Restaurants
    • Day Spa
    • Grocery

I wouldn't mind seeing Rabbit Holes again for these places - Essentially Career Buildings
    • Town Hall
    • School & University Classes
    • Office Building
    • Science Research Center
    • Sports Auditorium
    • Military Base
    • Fairy House
    • Subways
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Well, I don’t want to follow them to the buildings.. but think more the “volunteer” option, or the “space ship” option. I miss when they went to cooking classes to build skills. That one was a good one. More just things to send them to do, not nessasary follow them to the front door and then just wait for them to come out of the building. More, use the phone, and they leave their home lot. Grocery store would be useful for that, just not follow to the building and wait outside, more like the volunteer function.

But I’ve been thinking about it and activities that could work as rabbit holes are:
    5k runs-high active skills could participate in.
    After school activities-soccer, football, prom, baseball, matheletes, science club, swim team. And even have them some of them as “careers” and then they could have skill goals and stuff.
    Summer camp-you set the days, the teen comes back with a higher skill in the selected camp, it be “music camp” and so on.
    Funeral-would totally rather rabbit hole this than live it out, but it would be a nice way to remember the sim that passed. And maybe even a happy moodlet from it “remembering a well lived life” or something like that.

These they could be called and offered a rabbit hole side job to make a little extra cash.
    DJing at side events.-high DJ skills
    Catering side events-cooking skills
    Bartending side events-mixologist skills
    Heist side event-high mischief skills

Those are just SOME. I’m sure if I thought about it harder I could think of more.

• JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2018
    The cooking classes were so cute in the Sims 3.

They could’ve implemented something like that in Dine Out. Where restaurant owners could host cooking classes/lectures on certain days. Idk.

Tbh, I didn’t really like rabbit holes. I’m one of those annoying players that if granted the option would follow their sims every where.

I always wondered what a Sim Corporation would look like or a Sim Town Hall.

Lol call me inquisitive :D
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »
    The cooking classes were so cute in the Sims 3.

They could’ve implemented something like that in Dine Out. Where restaurant owners could host cooking classes/lectures on certain days. Idk.

Tbh, I didn’t really like rabbit holes. I’m one of those annoying players that if granted the option would follow their sims every where.

I always wondered what a Sim Corporation would look like or a Sim Town Hall.

Lol call me inquisitive :D

And I’m one of those players that hate the “follow to work” careers that came with gtw so I usually never use those careers or treat them like rabbit hole careers. Idk, I don’t have to be with my sim 24/7. Some of that stuff is just boring tbh. I’d rather work on another sim in the household while that sim is gone in a rabbit hole.