Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

God, I love the Parenthood Game Pack? Why? Because of this.

2...Next

Comments

• LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    I came across this phase too, it's pretty funny
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The bear suits are just so cute - I honestly don't understand how anyone can be annoyed by this phase. I wish my kids went through it more often.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got to admit... I haven't seen much of a difference in the way kids and teens react, even when they're in a phase. Is it really that noticeable? The bear suit is the only one that's noticeable (and they get a moodlet if they don't have the suit on).

They seem really powerful in my game -- my teen who's living on his own in San Myshuno (he dropped out of high school thanks to help from MCCC and is working part-time while working on his music and keeping an eye on his grandparents across the street) is going through the Loud phase and keeps pausing what he's working on to randomly swear (shout forbidden phrases), while his brother at home has the Distant moodlet and gets Tense from being around family (which hurts because he's been the one to do most of the cooking and toddler-rearing when his mom or stepmom are too busy with their jobs to play with their daughter Kayley (genetic daughter thanks to CAS).

The ones I saw when the twins were growing up were Bear (all my Sim kids seem to get that one), some Rebellious, one Clingy, and one Picky Eater (they got a negative moodlet when they ate anything weird like a Gourmet Cooking item, so I pretty much had them live on mac & cheese or spaghetti, and the quick meal sandwiches.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I had it happen a few times to my sims. One bear cub had a very doting father who instantly took the whole family to Granite Falls so junior could meet "Mama Bear". Maybe the boy wants to a become tourguide now?

Another time was when Max Villareal took a schoolyard crush to the romance festival. He entered the phase right there and his "date" was looking so confused! On top of that Max still went on outings with his teenaged gang friends during the phase, but of course couldn't wear a bear suit in this environment. Poor kid was sad all the time.
  • JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    Lol those things creep me out
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    One of my child Sims decided to be a bear on his birthday. :#

XVx1Itk.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have not had this happen once! It's soooo adorable though!
    giphy.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It's a really cute feature. I've only seen it once. Also I have only seen a child be rebellious once. She was a mess! lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love this phase, and it doesn't happen often which I think is a good thing, I would grow tired of it if it happened with almost every kid. But since it's rare, it's delightful and funny. I wish more features in the game happened less often so I could enjoy them when they do happen.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • changelingschangelings Posts: 40 Member
    This is adorable :D Haven't gotten this phase yet but I love it. Feels like something a kid would actually do
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    This was a big part of my sim Oliver's childhood as well!

SUqtn9e.png

Turns out the bear suit can use touch screens lol. Also his room really suited the bear phase haha
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I find it funny how they are a different bear every time they put the outfit on.. it's the most annoying phase imo because even when they're showering and sleeping when they cant wear the bear outfit they're sad - my favourite is clingy, I think it's adorable in younger kids - I haven't had a phase put up in my game for a whiiillleeee (probably just jinxed myself)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    The various phases are so amazing. I adore the bear phase, though I also can't stop myself laughing at the moody teen walk lol. I find the 'Ask about phase' interaction as a parent to be quite fun too - the responses can be amusing.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    > @meepweep said:
    > This was a big part of my sim Oliver's childhood as well!
    >
    >
    >
    > Turns out the bear suit can use touch screens lol. Also his room really suited the bear phase haha

I wonder how accurate those paws are :D
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2018
    Before loosing my save, I got my kind alien boy who started to insult his mother whereas he always does the chores at house and he is very nice.
    I think Talina and Twain should changed him of school if we got the chance to do because I suspected wrong influences lol. :D:D:D
    I love the bear phase, sound like funny . Parenthood is probably the best thing in ts4.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2018
    Idk I think there is a glitch lately that the phases aren’t going away properly.

Like the right amount of time, cause my sims phases have only went away when they’ve aged up lately.