Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use apartments?

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Depends on the story
    Depends on what I'm feeling at the time. I've put my first ever vampire and alien family in the TLC apartment just to make their lives as miserable as possible, for example. :D Tbh, I'm more likely to live in the penthouse than the apartment, but I haven't closed off any of the lot types to live on, including stores, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Depends on the story
    I like San Myshuno and I let my sims live in the apartments if it fits their story.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I have quite a few different families throughout san myshuno. Wolfgang Munch and his wife (daughter of the pancakes) live in one of the cheaper apartments. The daughter of the LAndgraabs and her hubby lives in, well the LAngraab apartments. Stuff like that. I love using the apartments. I just wish we could place them in other worlds.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Depends on the story
    I play rotationally, so some of my sims do live in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Depends on the story
    One of my main saves started in an apartment and I LOVED playing there. The vibe is so much different than other worlds and it was perfect for my story.
  • Options
    simsdelamodesimsdelamode Posts: 33 Member
    Always
    I've been playing in San Myshuno for quite a while now. Its my city save. I love it! Renovating all the apts, filling up the neighborhood, and the careers etc. I found that city living is actually fun once you give it a chance. It now feels strange to go outside other worlds.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Depends on the story
    I use them frequently, but usually only the ones in the Spice District because I love the older city aesthetic. Sometimes when I get tired of the ones in San Myshuno I build my own fake apartments in Newcrest and Windenburg.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Depends on the story
    I say it depends on the story but usually it is rarely - when a teen turns YA I Sometimes move them to the city for their first cheap apartment, first job, and to meet lots of new friends and love interests. My teens don't have love interest - they are too busy with skilling and school so they need to get out there. I have not raised a lot of teens so it is a rare story - bu it does happen now and then. I don't find the present apartment suitable for long term or raising families or having pets. It is too much hassle unless one is rich enough for a penthouse so why bother. Hoping to eventually get better and more useful apartments elsewhere for sure - for good family living like we had in Sims 2 - so for now it is very rare in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    edited September 2018
    Never
    I rarely use apartments but since have decided to start a new game and make it only a apartment household. I’ve started out with just one sim for now and I have to admit having one sim changed my view on apartment. It’s fun but annoying when the neighbors make loud noise! I have my sim become the girlfriend of her next door neighbor and the following night I saw love noises coming from his door, I was kinda upset but it was funny too.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Depends on the story
    I really like using apartments, because they have a different feel than living in a house. for one thing, it's much easier for me to keep my sims interacting with their friends and family when living in an apartment, than when living in a house, since their friends come to them. I just like the whole feel of San Myshuno.
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Always
    I've always preferred cities vs suburban or country. I like that San Myshuno offers a completely different play style than the normal houses. The way the lot works is different, you get to go down to mingle in the street areas, and you get a more connected feeling with other sims. I feel like it is a more personal experience and there's a lot more to do. So yea I always use them.

There seems to be a sense of general disappoint around these (and other) forums and such when people bring up city living. I share this opinion about some parts of the pack, like festivals being kinda boring (I thought clubs and holidays were MUCH better social functions) and there being no custom apartments.

However overall I feel like the actual apartments we got and the overall look and feel of the city was miles ahead of anything the sims 2 or 3 put forth. The apartments actually feel like apartments. The apartments actually look like real apartments not just regular homes that had been gutted to fit more than one family. It was definitely a step forward in the series as far as this aspect goes. City living is one of my favorite packs and the apartments are 99% of the reason why. It has become a core part of my game and I wouldn't really enjoy playing as much (or at all now actually) if I didn't have them.

Vampires too.....but uh that's not what this thread is about.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Always
    I chose always because there was no option for 'a lot'. I love San Myshuno and the apartments. There are things I wish were different with them but mostly its my favorite homes in this game. I love the neighborhoods with the street fairs and the food carts. I just wish that some of the activities weren't considered noisy. How much noise could someone possibly make running on a treadmill?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Depends on the story
    I like living in the city. The cheaper apartments with their quirks make gameplay fun and can be more affordable for starter sims. For sims that are more wealthy I always go for one of the penthouses because I can build and extend on them and noisy neighbours aren't an issue.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2018
    Depends on the story
    I think San Myshuno is pretty cool, and the events that go with it are awesome as well. I enjoy playing in apartments, for the most part. I do have the occasional issue- noisy neighbors waking up the kids (I almost only play families), can't find the perfect price point, neighbors who've decided that 6 AM is a perfect time to hang out- but San Myshuno has so much to offer and I can't imagine some of my families without it!

Edit- I definitely made this out to be an "always" type answer- I should probably add that a decent amount of the families/Sims I create are more suited for houses than apartments.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Depends on the story
    I like it for single sims and the penthouses. My favorite apartment is 702 ZenView (across from Karaoke Legends)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Depends on the story
    I play rotational. And sometimes it makes sense to have sims live in the apartments. I have a sim that just turned YA. Her and her just turned YA boyfriend, cousin, and cousin’s boyfriend just got an apartment together.

(She still calls her mom like everyday.)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Always
    I've built some penthouses there, the ones with only one apartment. Those are for rich sims.
  • Options
    hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    Always
    My single Sims pretty much always start off living in apartments - it's a great way for them to meet other Sims and get involved in the City life easily.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Depends on the story
    I could've also put never in and been right.

I love the yard sale tables, the freebie boxes on the sidewalk, and the festivals and that is what my sims in S4 do sometimes. I haven't used the apartment since they a little while after they came out. I probably would've used them more if we could've built them and charged rent ect. like in S3 to some degree. If we could've roomied in them. I do like them there in case I do want to use the apartments, so I am glad they did them. I just wish they would've added the ability to make them, shared them, and rented them.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Never
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I do not play in the city in CL being there is really no way to build apartments or outside of that city.

I feel the exact same way.....hopefully apartments will be better in Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Never
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I do not play in the city in CL being there is really no way to build apartments or outside of that city.

I feel the exact same way.....hopefully apartments will be better in Sims 5.

It sure would be nice. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jadevkjadevk Posts: 18 Member
    Depends on the story
    My second string/part time play Sims go into apartments. And I like to completely renovate them and then playtest. But I get frustrated with all the city sim traffic with everyone at the food carts.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Never
    So far I’m enjoying playing in a apartment, though my neighbors keep walking into my sims apartment to use his stuff. They weren’t invited in or even own the key to come in. This is ruining the enjoyment but I’m enjoying it so far
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2018
    Depends on the story
    Depends. I usually move my young adult sims to apartments, at least to begin with.
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    Depends on the story
    Deppends on the household really, I hace some Sims that just give me the 'city living vibe', and also sometimes I just feel lazy to build and don't like dowloading houses fromthe gallery because there's a lot of packs I don't have, so apparments fit my needs to just quickly furnish xD