Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    @aussiekarima
    I think there was a tie, from what I can remember. I think it was that comp.

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I know I came forth in the photographers, in "The Top Four!" But second in the placings,so colour me confused!LOL! ;)
    ~ Were ever we came in the comp,the ones whom stuck around,did a brilliant job, I loved all the different ideas & creativeness! <3 I loved this Comp & will gladly do it again! <3o:)<3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 @aussiekarima No worries! I hope you feel better, that sounds really painful! I'm going by the "Combined Totals" she has listed, not Round 6 since this was a cumulative competition. If it was just a regular scores comp then it would have been dependent on Round 6's scores.
    *Model's will have a chance to get up to 1200 points total through the course of 6 Rounds, dependent on number of judges. (Round points listed below)
    DznZaoN.png
    Yaaay polling time, lol. Going to try and keep this short and simple. We have 2 (sorry, 3 now) polls, so please make sure to vote in both. Or you can comment instead, but please let me know if you voted or not (that way the numbers aren’t skewed).

First, do you guys want more comps or are the current numbers alright? I'm perfectly happy to run several of mine at once, I'm just not sure if that's what anyone wants as I know a few of you are busy as is. Let me know in the poll, and if there’s a request for more comps I'll open a variety. I left the Results viewable by everyone so other hosts can view it and make decisions.
    https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll2072079x500247B9-57

Second, which competition of mine would you like to compete in next? I kept the poll answers tidy this time, but if you want descriptions of the competitions please look under the spoiler or under the poll. Please select as many as you want when voting. I want to know what everyone is interested in. Even if it’s a mild interest and not a strong one, please select it anyways. I need to know which ideas are preferred out of everything listed. And before anyone asks, I will be running all of these competitions at some point so please don’t skip voting because you think your opinion won’t matter. Trust me, your opinion does matter!
    https://www.poll-maker.com/poll1967161xC9D042AC-53

Also, I apologize for the lack of traditional modeling comps in the list (and by traditional, I mean editorial and high fashion competitions). There are a few, like Locks, that can be considered traditional but nothing I have is entirely focused on traditional because each competition has its own spin. I plan on running some of those later, but I wanted to get these done first as they’ve been on my to do list for a while now.
    • Back to the Basics Cycle 2 – An in-game only, and base game friendly, competition that has a mix of modeling and candid photography assignments. There is little to no editing except for what I list in the rules (filters, beauty modifications, and corrections). The goal is to encourage you to work on your basics, such as camerawork, lighting, building, etc. and encourage more people to use in-game photos when competing. You can see Cycle 1 here. This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations.
    • Muse Cycle 3 – A comp for people who enjoy all types of music, and depending the cycle, specific genres/eras! Each assignment you will be given a song to interpret and make an edit for, based on what you think is happening in the song or what the song is talking about, or what you feel. The assignments are open ended with no requirements, and I will be choosing songs that are either straight forward in meaning, or confusing. There is no fashion or modeling focus, just your creative interpretations. Cycle 3 has a nature theme. You can see Cycle 1 here and Cycle 2 here. This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with no eliminations.
    • Game On! – Based on games and gaming themes/scenarios, no focus on fashion/modeling. You do not have to play other games to join! You can pick/make a race and class/job for your applications, then throughout the comp you will model your character in different scenarios. Scenarios can include NPC interactions, character development, fight scenes, specific quests types or themes, exploration and adventure, etc. Might involve some optional roleplaying/storytelling, depending on the assignment. This is a cumulative competition with no eliminations, so winners are determined by highest total (which is similar to a leveling system). Bonus points and other interesting game systems are involved to help people catch up or slow down.
    • The Selection – Based on the book series! Quote: "The Selection is a competition between thirty-five girls called the Selected who compete to marry the prince and become the Princess of Illéa." (We will have less than 35 girls though, don’t worry!) Think of the book/competition as a slight dystopian version of The Bachelor but with princes/princesses, politics, and mild Miss Universe/World for glamour and fashion. Assignments will be varied and based on stuff from the books (no spoilers though), fanbase, or whatever I come up with. This includes themes such as: problems occurring (such as dealing with a press attack, etc.), romance focus (dates, imagined futures, etc.), handling political issues, and prepping to be the next Queen/King. Will be slightly RP based, but mainly on the judge/host side unless contestants choose to join in. This is a cumulative competition with eliminations every few rounds to simulate the Prince eliminating some girls. (And yes, a Princess version will be a future cycle!)
    • Pose – Based on the show and the ball culture that inspired it, but you don’t need to have watched the show, or researched ball culture, to enjoy this competition! The competition has a high focus on fashion and creativity with poses (like the name), with modeling coming second. Editing is not a large focus either, but still needs to be clean. And backgrounds will be provided so everyone focuses on CC shopping instead of hunting for backgrounds. Contestants will be split into Houses, and each House will be competing against each other for first place. Each House is run by a “Mother” or “Father” who will help with certain assignment decisions, but the role is smaller than it sounds so please don’t worry. This is beginner friendly and will be a cumulative competition with no eliminations since it is based on group effort, and the competition will be short to help prevent drop outs (around 6 rounds or less).
    • Locks – (Title is still undecided.) This is a headshot competition that focuses on drawing your own hair styles. It has two groups, beginners and advanced, to make the competition fair and to allow everyone to participate on their own level. Tutorials will be linked for those that are new to drawing (including tutorials that don’t need a tablet!) and assignments will start simple and get progressively harder as the competition goes on. This is beginner friendly (since it’s a learning comp and has groups) and a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations for each group.
    • Body Art – This competition is slightly based on the show Face Off and the body painting show, Skin Wars. This competition encourages drawing and manipulating prints/textures (for those that can't draw) to create the look you need. You will be using very little CC/game material, so costumes will be rare or drawn on the skin (since it's body painting). Props/backgrounds will usually be the only thing from the game or Google, and premade makeup won't be allowed unless it's small (like eyeshadow or eye decorations). This is a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations.
    • Who Wore It Better? – This is a competition about dressing your model in game pack clothing and seeing who did better at wearing and flaunting it. Yes, I said game packs! For the first cycle we will be focusing on Base Game clothing. Each round I will choose a piece of clothing that is the focus of your outfit. You will then design an outfit around that piece of clothing and come up with a theme. You are allowed to use other game packs when dressing your model and you can’t use CC for the clothes and shoes, but the makeup, hair, accessories, etc. can be CC. You can also recolor or find recolors of outfits (recolors won't be considered CC). You will then present your clothing in a creative way, using in-game backgrounds or photos only. This is beginner friendly and a competition with eliminations.
    • Outrageous Modeling – This is meant to be a comedy-based fashion competition, where you place your models in weird, awkward, or humorous situations! This includes themes like tripping during a photoshoot, food fights while trying to walk the catwalk, makeup/hair/clothes disasters, and possibly sabotage! The goal is to make the photo as funny as possible instead of our usual “I’m a serious model” competitions. This is a competition with eliminations.
    • American Horror Story – This competition will have different themes each cycle, but each one will revolve around AHS, which is now on its 8th season (wondering if we’ll reach 10)! Themes can include recreating the poster images, representing or creating your own characters, etc. Either way, this competition is focused on representing the horror and weirdness that is common in the show. This is a competition with eliminations.
    • Game of Thrones – A more optional roleplaying/storytelling based competition where models create a character set in the GoT universe and must work their way through scenarios (aka the assignments/challenges) to win the iron throne/crown! This will be like the show, so it will be intense and not exactly kid friendly, but I will try to keep some assignments toned down. To avoid potential spoilers for some people, the universe and scenarios will mainly be focused on your character and the characters of the other models, with possibly a few guest appearances of characters from the actual show. As you can guess this is an elimination competition, lol.

And sorry for the last minute addition, but Jillie and I have been discussing the server issues when hosting and how it's kinda messy. I plan on hosting my competitions across the forum, Discord, and Twitter, and also listing in this thread Twitter/Discord competitions. So if you ever plan on joining Discord, please make sure to vote to give us your thoughts (or you can post here and I can pass it along). Thanks!

(I will re-tag in a few days just to make sure everyone got a notice, since the tagging is still unpredictable.)
    @Penguinwa101 @Kelebek @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @psykt @kyky @fabtiffsim @Movotti @JennaCatz @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @alexis3142 @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @peppergirl84 @NShippudenFan @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @wbombje @kittymeow @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @MaggieSims2018 @deviouslyvivid @wiredhanna67 @SimlishPopstar @sdtfm @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic @pinkbear @Sc3niX
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @MizoreYukii --- Where Do I Find Current Comps......... DARLING.......... & Thanks <3<3<3<3<3
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Thanks MIZZIE!!!!!!! <3<3<3
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I voted. <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    I like the "Who Wore it Better" Comp idea, but how will that work for TS3 and TS4?
    @Socallucyfan Well first thing, this is a revised renewal of a Sims 3 casual challenge/competition I participated in years ago.

The host gave us a specific piece of clothing from the base game that we were meant to showcase. We were only allowed to use base game for everything, including the other clothing pieces. Accessories and hair were thankfully any game pack, mostly because of limitations in the base game and she forgot to remind us. We were allowed to use the color wheel and patterns to create themes with the given clothing. I don't know if you ever saw Project Runway in the Gifting community, but if you did it was incredibly similar, but with base game only. CC was not allowed at all.

After we designed our outfit, we went in-game to snap some shots to show it off (no cutting or heavy editing). It was similar to a modeling comp, with setting up a scene and lighting, and getting the best shot and angle possible. I have some examples in the spoiler of several different outfits we were meant to showcase.
    An example post, similar to how people will be submitting in the comp (minus the CAS pics and some wording).
    And some pics. I used a mix of mine and some other people's photos. This was before I got involved in modeling so my pictures are pretty bad, lol.
    DrewRavida's pic. We were supposed to design around this dress. He won that round, for obvious reasons.
    13920025631_4c6a0c1ab5_c.jpg

Another DrewRavida master piece, lol. Won that around again. We had to recolor the suit for males.
    14016223530_bac2c752fe_c.jpg

Mine, for the sweater and vest combo.
    Igloo.png

From Ashleykaymay, male vest.
    Screenshot-3606.png

Same vest as above but from Rosiefluxx, who won that round.
    Woody3_zpsf1803888.jpg

My image. This was a free-for-all, so I chose this dress and his outfit to recolor.
    70sCar.png~original

Another of mine, and another freedom assignment, plus it was the finale. We had to use all 8 models to create a fashion line.
    14300922367_92fa2a66b2_o.png

For Sims 4 I've made some changes. The first is that all game packs are allowed when dressing your sim, but the clothing piece I choose for you to show off is still base game. Also, CC is allowed but only for your Sims appearance and accessories. This way people don't have to strip their sims just to participate. I allow accessories as CC because they are limited, and I'm sure someone is going to create something truly unique if I allow this. By accessories I mean jewelry, gloves/socks/etc., hats, etc. but not shoes. Shoes must be a game pack item.

The second alteration is that you can cut your sim out and add them to a game background, for those that like to do those types of edits. Sometimes its easier to snap a pic of the background, then add the sim in. Or they can do it completely in-game, whatever they choose. We will also not be using assigned models. The host gave us 8 models to choose from, 4 males and females. Made it challenging but we will not be doing that for several reasons.

The third and most obvious change is the color wheel, which is out of my hands. Because of S4's limitations, and because it's fairly easy, I'm allowing people to recolor or use already existing recolors of game pack items. I don't really consider them CC for several reasons, mostly because they remind me of how S3's recolors worked on the exchange. It may not be the same process, but the idea is very similar. I'll be providing tutorials and other links so if people want to learn for this comp they can. In case people don't recolor, I will be focusing on individual clothing pieces and clothing with lots of color/pattern options. That way they can mix and match and get creative.

For S3, all that is listed above still applies, though they still have the advantage of a color wheel and patterns, lol. For the assignments I will be choosing a very similar clothing piece to S4's clothing. And by similar I mean general style. If I choose a sweater for S4, S3 gets a sweater too.

I hope that answered your questions!
  • SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    @MizoreYukii That actually does help explain a lot. I am more excited for that comp now. :-)
    Yaaay polling time, lol. Going to try and keep this short and simple. We have 2 polls, so please make sure to vote in both. Or you can comment instead, but please let me know if you voted or not (that way the numbers aren’t skewed).

First, do you guys want more comps or are the current numbers alright? I'm perfectly happy to run several of mine at once, I'm just not sure if that's what anyone wants as I know a few of you are busy as is. Let me know in the poll, and if there’s a request for more comps I'll open a variety. I left the Results viewable by everyone so other hosts can view it and make decisions.
    https://www.quiz-maker.com/poll2072079x500247B9-57

Second, which competition of mine would you like to compete in next? I kept the poll answers tidy this time, but if you want descriptions of the competitions please look under the spoiler or under the poll. Please select as many as you want when voting. I want to know what everyone is interested in. Even if it’s a mild interest and not a strong one, please select it anyways. I need to know which ideas are preferred out of everything listed. And before anyone asks, I will be running all of these competitions at some point so please don’t skip voting because you think your opinion won’t matter. Trust me, your opinion does matter!
    https://www.poll-maker.com/poll1967161xC9D042AC-53

Also, I apologize for the lack of traditional modeling comps in the list (and by traditional, I mean editorial and high fashion competitions). There are a few, like Locks, that can be considered traditional but nothing I have is entirely focused on traditional because each competition has its own spin. I plan on running some of those later, but I wanted to get these done first as they’ve been on my to do list for a while now.
    • Back to the Basics Cycle 2 – An in-game only, and base game friendly, competition that has a mix of modeling and candid photography assignments. There is little to no editing except for what I list in the rules (filters, beauty modifications, and corrections). The goal is to encourage you to work on your basics, such as camerawork, lighting, building, etc. and encourage more people to use in-game photos when competing. You can see Cycle 1 here. This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations.
    • Muse Cycle 3 – A comp for people who enjoy all types of music, and depending the cycle, specific genres/eras! Each assignment you will be given a song to interpret and make an edit for, based on what you think is happening in the song or what the song is talking about, or what you feel. The assignments are open ended with no requirements, and I will be choosing songs that are either straight forward in meaning, or confusing. There is no fashion or modeling focus, just your creative interpretations. Cycle 3 has a nature theme. You can see Cycle 1 here and Cycle 2 here. This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with no eliminations.
    • Game On! – Based on games and gaming themes/scenarios, no focus on fashion/modeling. You do not have to play other games to join! You can pick/make a race and class/job for your applications, then throughout the comp you will model your character in different scenarios. Scenarios can include NPC interactions, character development, fight scenes, specific quests types or themes, exploration and adventure, etc. Might involve some optional roleplaying/storytelling, depending on the assignment. This is a cumulative competition with no eliminations, so winners are determined by highest total (which is similar to a leveling system). Bonus points and other interesting game systems are involved to help people catch up or slow down.
    • The Selection – Based on the book series! Quote: "The Selection is a competition between thirty-five girls called the Selected who compete to marry the prince and become the Princess of Illéa." (We will have less than 35 girls though, don’t worry!) Think of the book/competition as a slight dystopian version of The Bachelor but with princes/princesses, politics, and mild Miss Universe/World for glamour and fashion. Assignments will be varied and based on stuff from the books (no spoilers though), fanbase, or whatever I come up with. This includes themes such as: problems occurring (such as dealing with a press attack, etc.), romance focus (dates, imagined futures, etc.), handling political issues, and prepping to be the next Queen/King. Will be slightly RP based, but mainly on the judge/host side unless contestants choose to join in. This is a cumulative competition with eliminations every few rounds to simulate the Prince eliminating some girls. (And yes, a Princess version will be a future cycle!)
    • Pose – Based on the show and the ball culture that inspired it, but you don’t need to have watched the show, or researched ball culture, to enjoy this competition! The competition has a high focus on fashion and creativity with poses (like the name), with modeling coming second. Editing is not a large focus either, but still needs to be clean. And backgrounds will be provided so everyone focuses on CC shopping instead of hunting for backgrounds. Contestants will be split into Houses, and each House will be competing against each other for first place. Each House is run by a “Mother” or “Father” who will help with certain assignment decisions, but the role is smaller than it sounds so please don’t worry. This is beginner friendly and will be a cumulative competition with no eliminations since it is based on group effort, and the competition will be short to help prevent drop outs (around 6 rounds or less).
    • Locks – (Title is still undecided.) This is a headshot competition that focuses on drawing your own hair styles. It has two groups, beginners and advanced, to make the competition fair and to allow everyone to participate on their own level. Tutorials will be linked for those that are new to drawing (including tutorials that don’t need a tablet!) and assignments will start simple and get progressively harder as the competition goes on. This is beginner friendly (since it’s a learning comp and has groups) and a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations for each group.
    • Body Art – This competition is slightly based on the show Face Off and the body painting show, Skin Wars. This competition encourages drawing and manipulating prints/textures (for those that can't draw) to create the look you need. You will be using very little CC/game material, so costumes will be rare or drawn on the skin (since it's body painting). Props/backgrounds will usually be the only thing from the game or Google, and premade makeup won't be allowed unless it's small (like eyeshadow or eye decorations). This is a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations.
    • Who Wore It Better? – This is a competition about dressing your model in game pack clothing and seeing who did better at wearing and flaunting it. Yes, I said game packs! For the first cycle we will be focusing on Base Game clothing. Each round I will choose a piece of clothing that is the focus of your outfit. You will then design an outfit around that piece of clothing and come up with a theme. You are allowed to use other game packs when dressing your model and you can’t use CC for the clothes and shoes, but the makeup, hair, accessories, etc. can be CC. You can also recolor or find recolors of outfits (recolors won't be considered CC). You will then present your clothing in a creative way, using in-game backgrounds or photos only. This is beginner friendly and a competition with eliminations.
    • Outrageous Modeling – This is meant to be a comedy-based fashion competition, where you place your models in weird, awkward, or humorous situations! This includes themes like tripping during a photoshoot, food fights while trying to walk the catwalk, makeup/hair/clothes disasters, and possibly sabotage! The goal is to make the photo as funny as possible instead of our usual “I’m a serious model” competitions. This is a competition with eliminations.
    • American Horror Story – This competition will have different themes each cycle, but each one will revolve around AHS, which is now on its 8th season (wondering if we’ll reach 10)! Themes can include recreating the poster images, representing or creating your own characters, etc. Either way, this competition is focused on representing the horror and weirdness that is common in the show. This is a competition with eliminations.
    • Game of Thrones – A more optional roleplaying/storytelling based competition where models create a character set in the GoT universe and must work their way through scenarios (aka the assignments/challenges) to win the iron throne/crown! This will be like the show, so it will be intense and not exactly kid friendly, but I will try to keep some assignments toned down. To avoid potential spoilers for some people, the universe and scenarios will mainly be focused on your character and the characters of the other models, with possibly a few guest appearances of characters from the actual show. As you can guess this is an elimination competition, lol.

@Penguinwa101 @Kelebek @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @psykt @kyky @fabtiffsim @Movotti @JennaCatz @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @alexis3142 @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @peppergirl84 @NShippudenFan @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @wbombje @kittymeow @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @MaggieSims2018 @deviouslyvivid @wiredhanna67 @SimlishPopstar @sdtfm @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic @pinkbear @Sc3niX

Re-tagging to make sure the tags reached everyone and a reminder for anyone who hasn't yet. I'll be closing up the polls later in the week and releasing the results. If you made a mistake when voting, or want to vote for something else and forgot to, just let me know! Thanks!

Will be working on and releasing an update for the directory around the same time too. (Remember to bookmark the thread for updates!)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    ALL OF THE COMPS!!!!

*whispers*
    I'm not shouting. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Pose and Muse sound like a lot of fun! I know I was in one of the muse cycles before/back when my editing was still “basic/new” I think? XD. I enjoyed that a lot in the past though!
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

@NShippudenFan Thanks for letting me know! Yeah, you were in Muse Cycle 1 and that was last year in February. You won your first round in that comp, the one for Loreley!
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ As I am still learning (guess I will be doing that for a while to play catch up with everyone else!LOL) I so far have loved all the different types of comps on the modeling forums,I lean more towards the creative side of things, as my finesse is not up to the norm yet! I like were you can think outside the box, (In RL I wanted to go into graphic design or advertising(or genetic engineering!Ssssh!) but was forced into motherhood instead!I loved being a mother but it did put a stop to me having a career!)
    ~ So any comps that are not just straight modeling, I love♥
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

edited September 2018
    Sorry for the tag, but here is an important update for you guys.

Updates:
    • Welcome back @Gege!
    • I have updated my WIP comp section with the new descriptions you saw on the poll. Also, the poll results are now in (under the spoiler):
      7d2DoTo.png
      We had surprising results! First off, Who Wore it Better is actually in the lead! I never thought that it would be so popular, and yet it is. The others you can see were not far behind, and I'm surprised Muse did so well. Pose is also confusing, since it requires a group effort and I thought more people would dislike the idea because of that, but it is reassuring that people liked it. Locks not far behind and I'm not surprised, though AHS had a really slow start but pulled ahead at the last minute. I'm very sad to see The Selection be so far behind in votes though. It's one of my favorite planned comps and its a bit disheartening to see so few interested, but the last time I ran my polls it did a bit better. And I'm sure the description is confusing, so here's to hoping that once I launch it with more info people join and enjoy it.

With that said, Who Wore it Better is launching first due to how popular it is. A month or so later, depending on the speed of the comp, I will launch Muse. I'll see how well running 2 comps at once goes and if I should continue doing so, then go from there for the third comp. If you guys have any feedback during that period please let me know, thanks!
    • Now that we've started interacting with the Twitter/Discord community, I have decided to include and promote their competitions as well so you can guys can see and join if you want. Of course I will only be promoting comps that 1) Do not allow human body parts/faceplastering and 2) Are actually active and run well. Unfortunately their community is still new so there's a lot of thrown comps (ones that were made spur of the moment without plans and understanding), so to avoid wasting everybody's time I've already taken the time to weed through them and ask around. So the ones listed are the ones that run as good as possible with a few people who vouched for them.

To label these comps, I have re-purposed the "SD Forum Too/Only" label to "Twitter/Discord/Offsite" to indicate that this competition is on Twitter and/or Discord, or somewhere else (like Tumblr). I will then link either the Discord or Twitter, depending on where people actually submit, etc.

And if you are afraid to join Discord because its confusing, you don't know how to use it, don't know where to start, etc., don't worry! Due to a request I have started a tutorial series on Discord and about 1/3rd finished already. I am covering the basics like chatting, settings, joining and participating in servers, etc. to help you along the way as Discord can be confusing. I know we have quite a few older members and Discord can be complex if you've never interacted with anything similar. I hope it helps and it alleviates some fears and apprehension about using Discord, so make sure to come join us when you can! I'll post an update here when I am done, so keep your eye out (aka bookmark)!
    • With that said, here are the newly added competitions (let me know if any links do not work). Please be aware that only Boho N' Chic, Fresh Faces, and Make Me a Super Model offer feedback at this time:
      • Make Me a Super Model // by jilliebee22 (Jillie) // Twitter/Discord // All Games // Taking Applications (Description down below)
      • Boho N' Chic // by Willeekmer // Twitter/Discord // All Games // Sign-ups Closed
        Hey yawl! :3
        If you're looking for a beginner comp, to try your skills as a sims editor, or just to get feedback on your edits, look no further than Boho N Chic!

The season will be super short, as they only have 6 challenges each, with at least 6 days of deadline for them. It is also BG compatible, as you don't need to have any packs to contest! There won't be any copying of ideas either, as ALL challenges will be DM'd to the host.

The rules are simple, just be nice and play fair! ^^
      • Fresh Faces Season 3 // by themelonic (Jezi) // Discord // Recurring // Sims 4 only // Sign-ups Closed
        Dj36oALUUAAEB-5.jpg:large
      • Afterlife Season 3 // by Paige (Ariz) // Twitter/Discord // Recurring // Sims 4 only // Paused
        Near the end of the reign of Miss Vale a stranger went up to the castle, begging for a place to stay for the night. Vale knew straight away he was different but was happy to lend a hand. She took him into the guest bedroom and asked about his life, after all they didn’t look like someone from around here. He claimed that he couldn’t remember and apologised before falling asleep. Vale woke up to find that the stranger had left. He left a letter that said thank you and hoped that they would see Vale again. Signed, Jordan Asher

During a meeting with parliament, the doors burst open with Jordan Asher and his guards behind him. He threatened Vale to abdicate the throne to the human race. Vale knew she could fight him back, but offered Jordan that she would allow humans a spot in the parliament as she tried to reason with him. Jordan wanted a battle between the best humans from his side and the best vampires from Vale’s side, to see who would be the new ruler of the Afterlife.

The challenges this season go along with each other. Your journey to represent your life state in the battle for the Afterlife’s throne. Choose your own adventure and who knows, your sim might be the next leader of the Afterlife!

Humans vs Vampires

Canine Teeth vs Fangs

The Living vs The Dead

Let the battle begin.
      • Fairest Of Them All Season 3 // by Sprinkle_Sims & Others // Twitter/Discord // Recurring // Sims 4 only // Sign-ups Closed
        Does your Princess long for more? Does she want to prove herself to the kingdom? Is she just ready for some fun? Show us that your princess is the Fairest Of Them All! Princesses can be Human, Alien, Mermaids, part-Unicorns, Vampires, Fairy, part-dragon, or anything your heart desires! It's entirely up to you! Each person may also enter up to 3 Princesses.
      I also added the Sims Editing Workshop to the Activities list and placed it on the front page since we will be running challenges with feedback.
      • Sims Editing Workshop // by jilliebee22, MizoreYukii, Vanadis, themelonic, and MEG // Discord // Recurring // All Games // Open
      And here are 2 competitions I'm not sure about. Miss Galaxy does not allow faceplastering/human body parts, has feedback, and I am also a judge to help out, but it is new so I'm unsure of how it runs. The other I know nothing about. I labeled them as Testing to show I'm waiting to see what happens.
      • Miss Galaxy // by S’mores // Discord // Sims 4 only // Taking Applications // Testing
      • Miss Sims 4 Universe // by Storiessims4 // Twitter // Sims 4 only // Launching Soon // Testing
    • New comp by @jilliebee22 on her new hosting server! I recommend joining her server even if you aren't participating in this comp because all of her future competitions will be in one place (like mine will be). Either way I will be posting about each new competition she launches to keep you guys informed.
      Make Me a Super Model // by jilliebee22 (Jillie) // Twitter/Discord // All Games // Taking Applications
      A fashion based competition with a dark twist! This competition will be the a once in a lifetime opportunity to thrust a supernatural being from the street to stardom! All models who enter MUST be a supernatural (all mythology, genders, & alignment) 8 fashion rounds w/ choices to fit ur model. You will be given 6 days for assignments, w/ feedback. There will be Makeovers!!

@Penguinwa101 @Kelebek @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @psykt @kyky @fabtiffsim @Movotti @JennaCatz @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @alexis3142 @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @peppergirl84 @NShippudenFan @Gege @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @wbombje @kittymeow @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @MaggieSims2018 @deviouslyvivid @wiredhanna67 @SimlishPopstar @sdtfm @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic @pinkbear @Sc3niX
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
    I have also set up a gameplay challenge, @MizoreYukii if anyone would like to give it a go. Here is the link to the rules and information.

Shipwrecked! A Sim Survival Gameplay challenge

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Is it just the time of year, or are there not many comps happening atm?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Not many comps because majority of our previous hosts are on break or retired atm. Of course it is getting to that point of the year too, holidays and all, which won't help things. My comps will be launching soon though, but currently knocking out these Discord tutorials (2/3 done now, on last tutorial), and have to prepare/update some other tutorials for the Workshop.
  • Storiessims4Storiessims4 Posts: 260 Member
    This post is for promoting competition ?

Cause my start next week lemme know
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    Hey, hey everyone! *waves*

I have started this thread for cycle 2 of Versace's Finest. Looking for both models and judges! ;)
    I meant to post an update about two weeks ago but got busy (in-between being sick)! I'll explain tomorrow in the chat thread. :mrgreen:

Updates:
    • Welcome to the community @Brennaforeva and @TheOtherHannah, and welcome back @Mamajanaynay and @Klept0maniac94! And a welcome back to @xJojox as she pokes her head out of retirement! Glad to see all of you! :heart: I've also updated the tag list quite a bit and removed people who haven't been in a comp for about a year. If you didn't want to be removed, let me know!
    • With some encouragement I've decided to add in a new comp, not on the previous poll, in-between Who Wore it Best and Muse! It is a high fashion editorial comp, and the name is Fashionography (I hope the name was a good choice, couldn't decide!)! It is meant to be a challenging comp and make you think outside the box, similar to Model of the Year in assignment types if you got to see it. Of course all levels are welcome and I highly recommend joining, even if you think you won't do well. Just think of it as practice and don't focus on winning or losing (which is technically the wrong mentality in competing anyways ;)).
    • Speaking of my comps, I'm almost done with my Discord server and setting up the next two comps (WWIB and Fashionography, assignments, rules and banners, lol). I'll have the Discord tutorials done when I launch too, in case anyone wants to hang out on my server for chatting and games and not just competing. Remember, you will be able to enter my comps through here, Discord, or Twitter, and the forums will always take priority over the other two.
    • Miss Galaxy/Animal Kingdom has been changed to Sporty Fashion and is still in need of contestants! All games are now allowed. If you join and invite a couple of friends to compete as well, you get 5 bonus points in the application round!
      Sporty Fashion // by S’mores // Discord/Twitter // All Games // Taking Applications
      Welcome to Sporty Fashion. We are an all new Sims editing competition. We accept all styles and levels. We even have a special spot for Tutorials to help you all find what you need to look for.
      Sporty Fashion's criteria is based on Creativity and following the Brief, making this an easy going comp!
    • Versace's Finest is back with Cycle 2! She's still looking for a couple of judges and contests!
      Versace's Finest Cycle 2 // by Mamajanaynay // All Games // Taking Applications
      Versace is a well known fashion designer and this modeling comp will be based off of the Fall 2018 Versace Fashion trend.
      *Each round will show an example of RL fashion design that are Versace original and are only to be used as inspirational idea's for what is required of your model.
      *Each assignment must meet the requirements of what is asked for in each round.
      *Rounds/assignments will be posted 3 days after each round is complete to give judges time to review, submit their decision and for posting scores.
      *Rounds will be posted for 7 days. At the end of the 7th day if you have not turned in your entry it will be considered an automatic withdrawal, unless you contact one or all of the judges via pm or posting on the thread you will be late. Extensions will be permitted with a 24 hour notice either by asking for one in the thread or via pm.
      *There will be a total of 7 rounds. With an 8th round to determine the winner and 1st place. Elimination rounds will begin dependent on participants, which could mean if there are a lot of models, eliminations could begin with round 1.
    • Boho N' Chic, a beginner's comp, is now on its second season and is taking apps as of today! Remember, you can use Twitter or Discord to enter. Head over there now!
      Boho N' Chic // by Willeekmer // Twitter/Discord // Recurring // All Games // Taking Applications
      1. What is this comp about?
      -This comp is for beginner editors, beginner in the world of sims editing and competitions.

2. How many challenges are there gonna be?
      - There are 6 challenges in total, with 6 days deadline and an opportunity for extensions.

3. Can you tell us more about this comp? Maybe what are your future plans?
      - This comp is designed to help you decide if editing sims is your thing. Before each season i prepare everything, and at the end i give a little feedback.

4. Who can participate in this comp?
      - Sims 2, 3 and 4 as well as every style of editing.

5. When will the contestants receive their scores?
      - Approximately, 24 hours after the new challenge has been released, maybe a bit more depending on how many contestants we have since i do write the feedbacks on it too.
    • Fairest of Them All has started its 4th season! Applications unfortunately closed today, but feel free to stop by and check out the comp! This season's theme is Villains and Princesses!
      Fairest Of Them All Season 4 // by Sprinkle_Sims & Others // Twitter/Discord // Recurring // Sims 4 only // Sign-ups Closed
      This season is all about Princesses and Villains as we believe it was time to change things up and allow Villains the chance to compete for the title of the Fairest of Them All. For season 4 you may enter up to two sims, either both princesses, both Villains, one of each, or you may wish to just enter one sim which is totally ok! As we have done in previous seasons we are allowing supernaturals etc. For example you may wish for your sim to be a witch, fairy, vampire, mermaid, half dragon, spider, your sim may have powers, or you may wish to enter a sim with no such things. It's entirely up to you!!!
    • Fresh Faces by @themelonic (aka Jezi) for Dazzle Magazine has finished taking signups, but feel free to stop by and check out the comp! This issues theme is Winter Wonderland!
      Fresh Faces Season 4 // by themelonic (Jezi) // Discord // Recurring // Sims 4 only // Sign-ups Closed
      ANY gender/species in SIMS 4 can be enter --- so if you want to enter a pet you can
      It would be tricky but... in theory could work
      So Fresh Faces you play as your model or manager -- all assignments (4 total -- 1 x week -- some have multiple photos) get dmed and are not released on here until close of the assignment, at which a panel of 5 vote on assignment 1, 4 on assignment 2, 4 on assignment 3, and 3 on assignment 4. At some point in the contest there will be a secret vote to sabotage another contestant -- if they win they do not have to do the next challenge.
      To qualify for the Cover assignment (5) you have to be voted to be published at least 1x during the contest.
      we give general feedback on assignments and tips on what to work on if you are struggiling
    • ♥ Late with the news, but our very own @MyFavoritedesign won the first season of Boho N' Chic! Congrats!! ♥
    • These competitions have been moved to the past section.
      ~ Mhybor’s Harvest // by Jendowoz0612
    @MizoreYukii

When are you starting the editorial comp, Mizzie?