Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @mederouin :lol: great minds don't just think alike, apparently they schedule pretty similarly, too! Loved the stories you gave your crew! Where is that forest wallpaper from?
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #206 - We Need Some Space

NAME: Kgaff
    LINK TO LOT: not uploaded
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16745556/#Comment_16745556
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, 45 Hyperion Highway,Lunar Lakes, 424,721

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Since this is a Mars prototype I kept the "clutter" to a minimum. I don't think it would be cost effective to drag all kinds of knick-knacks into space :)

There all-in-one restrooms on each level for the astronauts convenience.

Also since this is a prototype, there was no landscaping done.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

44107041914_d52113e388_c.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane @creativemetaphor @mederouin @kgaff
    All your builds are wonderful! I've built two and don't really like either, especially now that I've seen you all's entries. I may or may not manage to put together something I like before the fast approaching deadline.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    [*]Built on a 30x30 or smaller lot. No more than 1 level below ground (including foundation basements) and no more than two levels above ground.
    (for a maximum of 3 total floors)

I took this to mean that you could only have three floors if you utilized the basement as one of them.

Other than that, I love those builds, particularly yours @Kgaff - GREAT shape!

Less than a week to go, I hope you get inspired @suzses!

@kgaff Love it! Especially love those bubbly columns! Loved how you played with the different colors of lights, really gives a different feel to it :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2018
    So I had to have my hard drive replaced. We used a program to transfer all my files, etc, over to the new drive. Needless to say, nothing is ever perfect. My build now has replacement objects and designs all over. Good thing there are a few days left.

After looking at Kgaff's, maybe I will just scrap mine. Mine looks like a child did it compared to their cool build.
    edited September 2018
    @iampes23 Part of the fun of these challenges is to help you grow! If we were all perfect builders from the start where would the fun be in that? Besides, we're always far more critical of our own work than anyone else's. I for one would love to see what you've designed and how your creativity formed something different than everyone else! You always have the option of saying 'no' to constructive feedback if you really don't think you're up to it.
    @creativemetaphor thanks for the encouragement. I am working on it still, but it seems like it is taking forever. Whatever I have at the end, I will post pics at least if it does not get finished.

How much fun are these builds!

@mederouin when I read your description I was wowed by how much thought you put into your choices.
    @ciane I love how you used the stage props as space divisions, very clever.
    @creativemetaphor wow you thought of everything. A sick bay! Awesome idea.
    @suzses I hope you have time to get inspired. I tried that Times before I came up with mine.
    @iampes23 PLEASE continue your build! You are way more creative than you give yourself credit for.
    @kgaff Thank you! LOL actually the sick bay was a last minute addition! Originally I had the work-out room there. I think it was thinking of the crew and came up with a doctor and thought wait, doctors need places to do doctory things! Ooh sickbay! :)

@iampes23 Looking forward to it!
    edited September 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #205 - Back to Basics
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/file/f3muv9h2acb5asa/Mars_Habitation.Sims3Pack/file
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/DBXRWuu
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30 added lot in Lunar Lakes $361,709
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: With the advent of the new, ultra thin yet ultra strong metal called utopisteel, a mission to Mars is now in the works! This new type of steel can be rolled or folded and is very lightweight, so taking it to another planet will be no problem. This new metal is used in the durable construction of the Motionless Artificial Re-establishment Sanctuary (M.A.R.S.) Habitation. It is also a major compontent of all the furniture the astronauts will need once they get there. They will also have the capability of melting it down and reshaping it as needed, so that the possibilities of this metal are endless!
    The other new breakthrough that makes this mission possible is the Atom Filter 3000. This special filter can pull out individual atoms from any vaporous mass and realign them to form new elements and compounds. The short explaination: it can pull water and oxygen from the Mars atmosphere! No need to haul billions of gallons of water and compressed air when you can make your own on arrival!
    Thanks to these new items, the M.A.R.S. Habitation is both lightweight and energy efficient. It will stay cool in the 80+ degree weather as well as retain all heat during those cold periods of -200 degrees during the Mars winter. Furnishings are uniform for the most part, but each astronaut was allowed to chose a color palette for their individual room and a few pieces of unique furniture. A set amount of 100 pounds each allowed the astronauts to include a few special luxuries for their new home, including musical instruments or a few knick-knacks. Since the astronauts will be living there for five to ten years, every effort has been made to ensure a comfortable stay in a home-like atmosphere to lessen the stresses of life on another planet.
    Ready to tour this new facility while it still sits on Earth?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no criticism this time please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: my own patterns
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    0Uw3yM8.jpg
    yMf8BXf.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    @iampes23 yay! So glad you got your entry in! Looks so cool :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Cool entries, guys! Anyone still working has about 24 hours left :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @iampes23 - I like the way you used those glass roof pieces in the center that way to add more shape to the build, and of course the octagon shape of the building itself is great too.
    edited September 2018
    @creativemetaphor and ciane and everyone else: thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

I sure hope we have a few more entries!

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'll try to hop in on the next one if it's a smaller one :mrgreen:
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    I want to get mine done, but with this week's work schedule and my team being broadcast on national TV today, it's going to be a push... We'll see. Won't be able to dither around, wasting time in CASt so much this time!!
    Madly scrambling to upload pictures and write descriptions. Will she make it before midnight EDT . . . ?

I did manage to finish something that I like better, although it still doesn't measure up, IMO.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I want to get mine done, but with this week's work schedule and my team being broadcast on national TV today, it's going to be a push... We'll see. Won't be able to dither around, wasting time in CASt so much this time!!
    suzses wrote: »
    Madly scrambling to upload pictures and write descriptions. Will she make it before midnight EDT . . . ?
    I did manage to finish something that I like better, although it still doesn't measure up, IMO.

We can give you guys a 24 hour extension if that would help. I'll still post the new challenge tonight, but don't make yourselves crazy trying to throw everything together before midnight ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks! I have a lot done in terms of presentation but still more to go. It may help to have that extension.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @iampes23 YAY! you finished it. My favorite part is the garden in the center. I like the way everything flows around it.

Com-on @suzses You can make it on time, yay for extensions.

Am I the only one who didn't do private bedrooms, sigh :sweat: I also forgot all about communications, :blush:

@kgaff no, @ciane also did a largely open sleeping area (well, she did a largely open everything area. LOL) But that's okay, it's fun to see how other people have different ideas! I think I'm the only one who did micro dorms instead of full bedrooms!
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited October 2018
    NAME: MeestorMark
    LINK TO LOT: N/A
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/gp/159174096@N06/0m38h7
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Same link as above, photos of the team are included.
    LEVEL: Advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, simulated Mars, 334K

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A habitat built for science, work, fun, and protection from the harsh Mars environment. Plants in the foundation basements provide most of the oxygen for the internal atmosphere. Vents in the floors and walls move the oxygen throughout the habitat. Water was originally processed out of hydrogen and oxygen, but now is recycled through bubblers/purifiers on the top floor that feed the plumbing and fish tanks. Fish in the fish tanks serve as a protein source and also help provide fertilizer for the continued growth of plants. The types of non-food plants were chosen for their ability to remove toxins from interior environments.

Living quarters are in the main basement area. Each member has their private sleeping quarters with rack, work station, and bookshelf/cabinet to store their personal effects. The mess area is just off the sleeping quarters.

The habitat has two entrances, each with its own airlock to provide for safe egress/ingress to the living spaces.

Electricity is generated by both solar and wind generation. Two rovers are powered by their own solar cells that face the evening sun. This allows for full charge in the morning to begin the work day searching for minerals and microscopic Martians that may have once lived here. Pesky Martian sand storms sometimes may effect work schedules. The solar generation drops for the rovers, but boy do those wind mills kick into over-drive to make sure the habitat is fully powered throughout.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Do not think I used any.
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: MeestorMark
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 31147165018_f6883e6a91_h.jpgScreenshot-28 by Meestor Mark, on Flickr

Post edited by MeestorMark on
    @MeestorMark I absolutely love yours! It is very sci-fi meets reality! Wonderful job!
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    3gHHX7s.png

uqv9Rhe.jpg

You already have an idea in your mind what the young, professional couple across from you might be looking for. One a respected doctor, the other a junior partner at a law firm, their life ahead seemed to play out in your mind like a tv serial. You imagine a modern, minimalist townhouse, or a high-end apartment; maybe even a joint office building and clinic. You have your pencil at the ready to take notes.

“So, Dr. Chen, Mr. Chen, how can I help you?”

“My husband and I, we have talked a great deal about where we want to go with our lives,” Dr. Chen says. “Being a doctor and lawyer can be rewarding, but we do not feel that where we are is the best place for us.”

“We need a change of focus,” Mr. Chen agrees. “Less stress, less… city life.”

“Oh?” Less city?

“We have decided to take our savings and buy a small farm, somewhere we can get back to nature.”

“A-a farm?” This is so not what you expected!

“Yes,” Mr. Chen nods. “Where I can grow tomatoes, and maybe help the local people with their legal matters.”

“And I can have a small clinic, and really help change people’s lives,” Dr. Chen adds. “My grandmother used to make remedies for all the people in her town back in China, and the more I live here, the more I think that is what I want to do with my life, too.”

“We feel this city is too big, too busy for us to connect to our clients and patients the way we want.”

You nod, pushing aside your assumptions and fully embracing their commitment to a new way of life.

“A farm will need a house; tell me about your needs.”

“Two bedrooms, at least,” Mr. Chen says. “One for us, and one spare room that can be made into a nursery if we need it to be.”

You smile at the thought. “Anything else?”

“A good kitchen. Health is so important to both of us.” The couple looks at each other. “Everything else is just the usual. Nothing fancy. A simple house in the country where we can raise some crops and help people.”

“Leave everything to me,” you assure them.

BRIEF
    • 65k budget
    • Design a house for the Chen’s. Lot size 30x40/40x30 max.
    • At least two bedrooms, and a good kitchen. Other standard areas.
    • A good sized garden.
    • Style and design should reflect a desire for a simpler life.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Dr. and Mr. Chen and show them enjoying their new life on the farm!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top