Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

South Pacific next vacation ? .

2...Next

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Why are you all so focused on the vacation pack needing to be from a correct real life destination? Would it not be as much fun if sims could visit Llama Island (with golden sand, azur ocean), Bunny Cliffs (with darker sand and green ocean) and Long Forgotten Grotty Resort (with no access to ocean but more a pool based holiday park resort). I personally wouldn't want my sims to go to Hawaii or Greece - those are lovely RL destinations but I don't see them as part of SimNation (or the universe outside) :smile:

It doesn't have to be called Hawaii or exactly from Hawaii. I use rl destinations as a way of clarifying what I want to see. I really want different color sand this time around, Freezer bunny island with pink sand beaches work for me as well. I still want luaus, pina coladas etc I personally want a more honeymoonish type destination. I like OR and JA but not so much for a real relaxing getaway.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This is supposed to be about vacation worlds but you all are talking about live-in worlds. We have a forest vacation world in OR. Do you want a forest live-in world because I don't see that happening. Live-in worlds have neighborhoods, not forests.

I would love to visit Llama Island or Freezer Bunny Cliffs. Those sound fun.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I want snowy vacations aswell :smile:
    Antarctica University. Go Polar Bears!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    New Zealand and the East coast of Australia are in the South Pacific...
    I'm all for a Kiwi holiday pack.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Penguins and seals.
    Polar bears are arctic, not antarctic, it's the reason why they never eat penguins.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    New Zealand and the East coast of Australia are in the South Pacific...
    I'm all for a Kiwi holiday pack.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Penguins and seals.
    Polar bears are arctic, not antarctic, it's the reason why they never eat penguins.

My bad. Go Lady Penguins!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited September 2018
    Have any of you seen this news?
    tropical getaway mod

I haven't tried it myself but it does look interesting.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    tropical getaway mod

That link doesn't work for me, but if it's the one where the mod changes Granite Falls from a forest to a beach world, it looks like someone worked very hard on it.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    tropical getaway mod

Oh my goodness, that mod looks nice. Swimming in the ocean? A dream come true. I'm impressed that the creator is even able to get Sims to wade in the water It's too bad that, after all that work, a patch with even the smallest UI change will probably break it. :/

I hope that the creator will stick with it. It's great work.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    I wish you could swim in the ocean, if they ever do a pack like that they should add it.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Scarbo27 wrote: »
    Please give us a forest world, I don't need more exotic worlds that my sims will never visit, my sims only take a vacation once every 4-5 sim years. But I think us players desperately need new worlds to live in, more empty lots and more diverse environments, we already have so many suburban american neighborhoods, how about swamp neighborhoods like Twinbrook (or Australia), or a neighborhood deep in the forest like the Sherwood Forest in England, it'd really showcase the seasonal changes of the Seasons Expansion Pack. I didn't really care for Sunlit Tides in the Sims 3, I don't think a tropical world is what the game needs at the moment.

Oh yes, I agree.
    a proper forest world you can live in :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

We have a forest world, it's called Granite Falls.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I think he wants a forest world in which to live.

I think that would be nice. If it were my design I'd make it sort of fairy tale forest, but I'd be happy with any type of forest world in which to live.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    There aren't usually neighborhoods in the middle of a forest so that you couldn't see other houses. Windenburg Island is the closest we have and if you add a ton of trees to the lots around the houses, you'll have a neighborhood in a forest and I doubt they would repeat worlds.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Oh, I was thinking along the lines of Hidden Springs. But you are right, in a deep forest you wouldn't have many neighbors.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh