Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to reinstall Sims 3 when you can't find the registration code.

AuroraDiamondsAuroraDiamonds Posts: 25 Member
(I'm new here, I think this is where I put this. And this isn't for INSTALLING, it's for REINSTALLING.)

So I had a problem where I had lost my serial key, my disc, and my Sims 3 wouldn't load ever. After a whole YEAR of this, I found an extremely simple solution. I also have a Windows PC, I'm not sure if it would work with something else? This should work for all the broken Sims 3 problems!

Things I have, you might need-
Windows 7 PC (might work with 8)
A Sims 3 game that you have installed before, and is not pirated or whatever...
(It can't be bought on steam, it must be the disc or Origin I'm pretty sure)

So I had a problem where some of my mods broke the game. I had lost the disc and serial key so I wasn't able to reinstall it. THIS is how you do!

Make/sign in to your Origin account
Get your registration code by doing the following-
1. Go to start menu, the run.
2. type regedit, then enter.
3. On that window that appears, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4. Expand SOFTWARE.
5. Expand Electronic Arts
6. Expand Sims
7. Expand The Sims 3
8. Select the ergc folder and on the right side you will see some file named (Default) with some long data, which is your serial key.

Copy your serial key
Go to your control panel, uninstall all of your Sims games.
Now on Origin, on the top left side of the screen, click it for a drop down list. Click Redeem product code
Enter your serial key. In regedit, you can also find the serial codes for your expansions. Just click on the names of them and do as the tutorial up there said.
IT SHOULD work. The Sims 3 game should be added to your Origin Game library. Make sure you haven't registered it anywhere else.
After making sure that all Sims 3 expansions etc have been uninstalled, and you have added them all to your origin games library, begin installing them. After there done installing, you can play Sims 3 again!

I'm sorry if this doesn't work. This worked for me and two of my friends, but just in case, you should back up your files or something

Thanks!

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If you have registered the game and it is in your Origin My Games page, all you need to do is click the i button on the game icon. Information page will appear and the registration code is there.
  • SPPNZSPPNZ Posts: 11 New Member
    i had to stop playing sims on my old computer because it can't connect to the internet, and won't load sims because origin is trying to connect, so that solution won't help me, unfortunately.it's actually the pets expansion pack i'm needing the code for. is there a way to find it without needing origin or any internet connection?

thanks
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

What you can do is contact EA Support and request that your registered game serial code be sent to you. Support can be reached via the following page:

http://help.ea.com/contact-us
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Pieter7560Pieter7560 Posts: 1 New Member
    How can i get my product code for sims 3
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018
    Pieter7560 wrote: »
    How can i get my product code for sims 3
    Hi there. At the risk of sounding not very sympathetic, you have been asking this repeatedly on the EA AHQ board and ignoring the answers. It isn't going to be any different over here.

Are you trying to extract your code from a computer where you, as the same user, already had the game installed? If so, the answer is to use regedit (on Windows, the procedure is different on a Mac) as on the first post on this thread you are now reading.

Are you trying to get a new product code? Then the question you keep getting asked is why, what is wrong with your old one? It's one product code per user/Origin account, which once registered to you as the player you may then use on as many computers as you own for your own use. There is no need to register the game more than once, to the same user. If you require an install as a different user, you may either contact EA Customer Support for assistance or buy a new copy of the game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net