Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Birthdays

Has anyone noticed that when you start to play a family after installing Seasons, everyone seems to have a birthday with in the first few days?
I haven't played my rotation as I was testing Season with my Alien take over game.
When I started my rotations, every time I when to a rotation family, there were birthdays almost daily. I am sure some of my sims were aged up prematurely because of this.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    To my knowledge, it doesn't really much as the aging works like it did before Seasons. The calendar only make the last day for age transition more visible.
    If some sims are aged up prematurely, it is probably not due to Seasons but due to an earlier package introducing birthday parties.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    It depends on your aging setting. On short, it really happens every day. On long, it doesn't happen too often. On normal, so so.
    The calendar birthday shows on what day sim has 24 hours or less left so you can plan a birthday party. Sims usually age up the day after that.
    If you're planning to do rotational play and don't want other households to age up while you're not playing with them, go to gameplay options and set the aging so that only the active household ages. By that way, unactive household's sims' birthdays get pushed forward on the calendar until you play with them again. And never accept invitations if somebody invites your sim to their birthday party.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    One thing that I have also noticed with the calendar and birthdays is now when your sim does actually age up, their birthday will change on the calendar as well.