Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Fed Up with Bugs and Gltiches

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    EA is 5.4 BILLION dollar company - Silly question if you ask me. Secondly not every one is plagued with bugs in the game - to me - Says it's not particularly just a game problem. I rarely, and I do mean very rarely, have any issues with Sims 4. Don't know why, other than I am pretty good at tweaking my computer for optimum running - but it's a fact and I play the game really often. (There may be a few things I don't particularly like in Sims 4 that I preferred the way some things were done in Sims 2 or 3 better - but that does not make the game faulty - just a different preference - so I try and adapt. That doesn't make it a bug - just a different design choice that is not my fav.)

I don't use mods, CC, or game cheats - maybe that matters. I also run a great desktop - very high end. So obviously plagued with bugs doesn't happen to every one. Oh and in my family there are 31 simmers besides me happily playing Sims 4 - and I don't see any of my family complaining and believe me if the game was as bad as some players make it sound - my family would complain loudly. They are gamers - not just simmers.

I just know where I play this game so often, if it was anywhere bad as some people complain - calling it unplayable and such - how do you that say that figure out that some of us are playing the game just fine without being unplayable at all? It plays fine if you ask me. Sure I'd love more places for my sims to go and things to do - I'd love witches and more supernaturals and University - and more - but wanting stuff for the game does not make it unplayable or playing badly.

I just don't get it.

I see a few bugs - like stinky leaf piles. I understand they are working on that. But I also see people post issues here I have never once seen yet - like teleport issues or even the excessive mourning - never had either to be honest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    EA is 5.4 BILLION dollar company - Silly question if you ask me. Secondly not every one is plagued with bugs in the game - to me - Says it's not particularly just a game problem. I rarely, and I do mean very rarely, have any issues with Sims 4. Don't know why, other than I am pretty good at tweaking my computer for optimum running - but it's a fact and I play the game really often. (There may be a few things I don't particularly like in Sims 4 that I preferred the way some things were done in Sims 2 or 3 better - but that does not make the game faulty - just a different preference - so I try and adapt. That doesn't make it a bug - just a different design choice that is not my fav.)

I don't use mods, CC, or game cheats - maybe that matters. I also run a great desktop - very high end. So obviously plagued with bugs doesn't happen to every one. Oh and in my family there are 31 simmers besides me happily playing Sims 4 - and I don't see any of my family complaining and believe me if the game was as bad as some players make it sound - my family would complain loudly. They are gamers - not just simmers.

I just know where I play this game so often, if it was anywhere bad as some people complain - calling it unplayable and such - how do you that say that figure out that some of us are playing the game just fine without being unplayable at all? It plays fine if you ask me. Sure I'd love more places for my sims to go and things to do - I'd love witches and more supernaturals and University - and more - but wanting stuff for the game does not make it unplayable or playing badly.

I just don't get it.

I see a few bugs - like stinky leaf piles. I understand they are working on that. But I also see people post issues here I have never once seen yet - like teleport issues or even the excessive mourning - never had either to be honest.

It might be the way we play. I never see a lot of things but then again I had a lot of stuff that drove me nuts over two years ago, that other Simmers didn't even know about. Two years ago my Sims were wasting all their time going up and downstairs to wave at other Sims and or hug them, all the time, they dropped stuff out of queue to go do this. Seems that has just popped up for some, recently. But I made a whole post about annoying stuff like that over two years ago. Not many were suffering that problem. As I said it might be the packs installed and or Double Deluxe versions vs Limited Edition without some packs etc. I don't know but I think it still has a lot to do with individual pcs, programs installed and actual bugs that wind up in some people's games depending on their base game version and if they ever installed the free party pack stuff which I didn't.

I also had bugs loooong before GT where Sims showed up at bars in line, walked in, (7 or 8 of them) in a line ordered a drink at bar and then all left in a line at the same time, then no one else would show up...this was months before GT and the club system. It was weird and I posted about it. No one else ever saw that one, but me. lol (Group activity bug).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

I just don't get it.

It might be the way we play. I never see a lot of things but then again I had a lot of stuff that drove me nuts over two years ago, that other Simmers didn't even know about. Two years ago my Sims were wasting all their time going up and downstairs to wave at other Sims and or hug them, all the time, they dropped stuff out of queue to go do this. Seems that has just popped up for some, recently. But I made a whole post about annoying stuff like that over two years ago. Not many were suffering that problem. As I said it might be the packs installed and or Double Deluxe versions vs Limited Edition without some packs etc. I don't know but I think it still has a lot to do with individual pcs, programs installed and actual bugs that wind up in some people's games depending on their base game version and if they ever installed the free party pack stuff which I didn't.

I also had bugs loooong before GT where Sims showed up at bars in line, walked in, (7 or 8 of them) in a line ordered a drink at bar and then all left in a line at the same time, then no one else would show up...this was months before GT and the club system. It was weird and I posted about it. No one else ever saw that one, but me. lol (Group activity bug).

Well I bought the cheapest version first (59.99) - then added the additional pack with all the party stuff a bit later (additional 14.99). I have all packs out and all are installed. As I said I don't use content but Maxis made content - in fact I rarely even download venues or houses or even premade rooms from the gallery - I mainly use things I build myself as I don't want game cheats like moo in my game. It has a bad rep outside of Sims 2 - which it was designed for - and because many builders use it a lot - I don't download builds as gorgeous as many are.

Nope never saw anything like you described either with the line of people going into bars etc or going up and down stairs or even going out of their way to greet Sims. Technically my Sims in 4 seems to play pretty much like they did in Sims 2 or 3 as long as they have like play from those games. I decided early on I did not care for the walk bys or meeting random sims - so just sort of ignore them unless they are a sims friend that actually called to come over. Same way I played them in Sims 2 and 3. I pick who my sims befriend or talk to most of the time. They do talk to everyone at the clubs while dancing - sort of like group conversations - but they don't stop what I have them doing to purposely go over and talk to someone.

One thing I have never partook in was the clubs as I am not fond of them. They annoy me with asking my sims to join them all the time - so I don't have anything to do with them outside of talking now and then while dancing or at a bar.

But so far I just don't get all those weird issues I see people report. I also never speed up my game like a lot of people do - but if the game speeds itself up - that is fine (like sleep etc).

I have played all three of the hands on career - like Scientist the most and have topped that. I go to Sixam parties now and then too, and my Sims have alien, vampire, and regular sims friends.

Oddly my sims never get Vampire break -ins either - but then my sims usually always have at least one nightowl in their house - and Vampires never break -in unless every one is asleep - so that may be why I never have that issue either.

But honestly I see nothing in this game using just Maxis made stuff that even begins to make it troublesome - never mind unplayable and as I said I play pretty often.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member

I just don't get it.

Well I bought the cheapest version first (59.99) - then added the additional pack with all the party stuff a bit later (additional 14.99). I have all packs out and all are installed. As I said I don't use content but Maxis made content - in fact I rarely even download venues or houses or even premade rooms from the gallery - I mainly use things I build myself as I don't want game cheats like moo in my game. It has a bad rep outside of Sims 2 - which it was designed for - and because many builders use it a lot - I don't download builds as gorgeous as many are.

Nope never say anything like you described either with the line of people going into bars etc or going up and down stairs or even going out of their way to greet Sims. Technically my Sims in 4 seems to play pretty much like they did in Sims 2 or 3 as long as they have like play from those games. I decided early on I did not care for the walk bys or meeting random sims - so just sort of ignore them unless they are a sims friend that actually called to come over. Same way I played them in Sims 2 and 3. I pick who my sims befriend or talk to most of the time. They do talk to everyone at the clubs while dancing - sort of like group conversations - but they don't stop what I have them doing to purposely go over and talk to someone.

One thing I have never partook in was the clubs as I am not fond of them. They annoy me with asking my sims to join them all the time - so I don't have anything to do with them outside of talking now and then while dancing or at a bar.

But so far I just don't get all those weird issues I see people report. I also never speed up my game like a lot of people do - but if the game speeds itself up - that is fine (like sleep etc).

I have played all three of the hands on career - like Scientist the most and have topped that. I go to Sixam parties now and then too, and my Sims have alien, vampire, and regular sims friends.

Oddly my sims never get Vampire break -ins either - but then my sims usually always have at least one nightowl in their house - and Vampires never break -in unless every one is asleep - so that may be why I never have that issue either.

But honestly I see nothing in this game using just Maxis made stuff that even begins to make it troublesome - never mind unplayable and as I said I play pretty often.

I have played with Sims 4 since around October 2014. Like I have said in other threads, I was never lucky enough to enjoy the other iterations. When I first started I had no knowledge of mods nor how to use anything from the gallery & I experienced a lot of what other players report like lag, my sim just standing there for hours. As I became more experienced I ventured into the gallery & then onto trying mods. I have experienced similar things having just Maxis' content & with using mods, it makes no difference.

Clear example would be with Get To Work. Forget the Detective career because both times (with & without mods) my sim when looking for clues would run to a television or a computer & do personal things. When I shut off autonomy my sim would do nothing but stand there. I just tried this again last week, no mods & it still does the same exact thing. It still has not been properly addressed by EA/Maxis.

My newest item is in my greenhouse. They provided us with sprinklers but in order to use them inside a greenhouse you cannot have an enclosed structure. Once I set everything up my garden was thriving. I realized I needed more space to add tulips & the Christmas rose so I expanded my greenhouse. I added additional boxes but because I had to open a wall to place another sprinkler my plants all withered during the process. Once I enclosed the wall again the plants came back but without blooms. It has been 14 sims days & my plants still have not needed tending nor have they bloomed.

These are just some my specific experiences. I wish I was you because I think you are the luckiest player in the Sims universe.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I just don't get it.

Nope never say anything like you described either with the line of people going into bars etc or going up and down stairs or even going out of their way to greet Sims. Technically my Sims in 4 seems to play pretty much like they did in Sims 2 or 3 as long as they have like play from those games. I decided early on I did not care for the walk bys or meeting random sims - so just sort of ignore them unless they are a sims friend that actually called to come over. Same way I played them in Sims 2 and 3. I pick who my sims befriend or talk to most of the time. They do talk to everyone at the clubs while dancing - sort of like group conversations - but they don't stop what I have them doing to purposely go over and talk to someone.

I have played with Sims 4 since around October 2014. Like I have said in other threads, I was never lucky enough to enjoy the other iterations. When I first started I had no knowledge of mods nor how to use anything from the gallery & I experienced a lot of what other players report like lag, my sim just standing there for hours. As I became more experienced I ventured into the gallery & then onto trying mods. I have experienced similar things having just Maxis' content & with using mods, it makes no difference.

Clear example would be with Get To Work. Forget the Detective career because both times (with & without mods) my sim when looking for clues would run to a television or a computer & do personal things. When I shut off autonomy my sim would do nothing but stand there. I just tried this again last week, no mods & it still does the same exact thing. It still has not been properly addressed by EA/Maxis.

My newest item is in my greenhouse. They provided us with sprinklers but in order to use them inside a greenhouse you cannot have an enclosed structure. Once I set everything up my garden was thriving. I realized I needed more space to add tulips & the Christmas rose so I expanded my greenhouse. I added additional boxes but because I had to open a wall to place another sprinkler my plants all withered during the process. Once I enclosed the wall again the plants came back but without blooms. It has been 14 sims days & my plants still have not needed tending nor have they bloomed.

These are just some my specific experiences. I wish I was you because I think you are the luckiest player in the Sims universe.

The detective was the first one of the hands on careers I played and topped - with no issues. So if it has issues now - it didn't in the beginning as I played it from early when the game came out until after the Spring free content came out and my Sim had topped that career - it ran perfectly - but when we still didn't get toddlers or any word about them at that point - I just got fed up and went back to Sims 3 shortly after that. By rights I am mostly a family player - and they couldn't even be bothered to mention toddlers - so I decided at that point no matter what they added with out all the life stages in the game I was not going to like it. I knew I liked Sims 2 and 3 - so basically just up and left - deciding to stay with Sims 3. I stayed there basically until EA dropped an email to me about he toddlers and that is when I came back. But Get to work careers were playing fine for me - it had nothing to do with that or anything else but the toddler.

I truly rarely have game issues and when I do they are always ones everyone complains about - like stinky leaf piles or some other minor issues which is never a game breaker. I do know I saw posts after CL came out where people were complaining of the police Career and them not being able to arrest certain sims - but it was not like that before. CL messed it up. I know there have been some fixes to it - but seeing I have not recently retried it - I was not over fond of that career or the doctor one either very much - so I just stuck to the Science Career. I like that one a lot.

That sprinkler was not for the greenhouses - they were made for kids to play in the water - they are yard sprinklers. They sped up how we water plants now - so no garden sprinklers were necessary - but the play sprinklers were a very much requested item for sims family to be able to play in the water - seeing the lots are small and too little for the slip and slide or for pools. If you noticed when we had green house sprinklers in former sims game they have ceiling sprinklers not yard sprinklers for playing in. So those sprinkler were not designed to be in a green house to start with.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not going to quote everyone but I'm a pretty lucky player also @Amistri2016
    The Detective career worked well for me the first time through. Later I had the clue bug where the detective couldn't find the clues to match. I did stop playing the Detective career for awhile over that (and was kinda ticked because I was into it at that time for a story I was enjoying). Supposedly that bug is fixed but I haven't felt like playing that career for awhile. My favorite is the Science Career and it's working well for me except that the plants don't bloom properly or need care since Seasons. I have to work around that by cultivating a science garden at home. I just do that .. being furious about it or focusing on it won't help me. I have reported that bug. I hope they clear that up fast. I'm happy that it doesn't stop me from playing that career.
    I'm not sure what you meant by your detective ran off to do personal things. If I take mine to work and don't direct them.. they are going to do what they want to do.. that isn't a bug. They won't autonomously work.. they aren't suppose too. Not sure that is what you meant but that's how I read it so thought I would reply. If you turn off autonomy they won't do anything unless another sim engages them.. they will stand around. It's not a bug if it's suppose to happen. It might be something you don't like about the game of course.
    As for the standing around thing with autonomy on.. I do get it now and then.. for me it seems usually associated with too much going on, as in too much to render (huge house over 300k with fountains galore ect) going beyond the recommended population, and or mods that might not be functioning well (yes I do update them when I use them).
    Mods seem to do the worst if I get last exceptions. I usually end up pulling everything out... then cleaning out the files affected.
    I don't think I'm so much lucky as I tend to play simply and enjoy it. Like I play on slow, I have low populations per save. I don't use a lot of mods and when I do they are types I can pull out.. I don't use cc unless it's something I feel I need for a story ... like that one star trek uniform I need for a play through. Then I take all of that out frequently. I'm not suggesting that everyone needs to do this. I just don't know or can't get how I don't have the same problems others do unless it's connected to my play style, mods and maybe ability to be okay with work arounds until something I don't like is fixed.
    I don't consider the leaf piles a bug for instance.. is it an eyesore .. sure. I remember getting so frustrated over the pet pee/poops that happened in Sims 1 and 2 that I would just leave those expansions out of my line up eventually... to me it's almost on that level but not as bad as that. I don't want to pull out Seasons over it as it doesn't affect my sims home score.. they also don't get bugs over the piles ..it's just ugly. I suppose if they get close to it they will get an uncomfortable moodlet but my sims don't so.. ehh. I'm also sure that the leaf pile will be addressed within a month or two.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    newest bug i've noticed ?
    a sim of mine is stuck in the detective career with the bug of the description not matching any sim on the lot AT ALL

it's currently already the third quite significant bug now

1. nightclub random clothing instead of the assigned
    2. every sim watching only kids TV channel
    3. GTW detective career, description not matching any suspect

I'm using littlemissam's Dress Code lot traits mod and have all the nightclubs set to party wear (except for the bowling alley); I also have a GT closets in a couple of them (The Solar Flare in Oasis Springs and the one in Windenburg) for fixing outfit fails. My Sims tend to watch the kids channel if they have toddlers/kids in the household, otherwise they're picking other stuff. And I haven't done any of the GTW careers in a while, but I know that the scientist career is now bugged because the plants are never harvestable (since a Sim has to be on the lot at 5am for the plants to generate produce).

My main bother right now is there's a stinky leaf pile right in front of my house, but it's in the area where I can't clean it up (right alongside the street) so my poor Neat Sim is uncomfortable every time she comes home from work until she gets inside the house. You'd think with as much as we pay in bills that the street sweepers would come along and get rid of it...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm not going to quote everyone but I'm a pretty lucky player also @Amistri2016
    The Detective career worked well for me the first time through. Later I had the clue bug where the detective couldn't find the clues to match. I did stop playing the Detective career for awhile over that (and was kinda ticked because I was into it at that time for a story I was enjoying). Supposedly that bug is fixed but I haven't felt like playing that career for awhile. My favorite is the Science Career and it's working well for me except that the plants don't bloom properly or need care since Seasons. I have to work around that by cultivating a science garden at home. I just do that .. being furious about it or focusing on it won't help me. I have reported that bug. I hope they clear that up fast. I'm happy that it doesn't stop me from playing that career.
    I'm not sure what you meant by your detective ran off to do personal things. If I take mine to work and don't direct them.. they are going to do what they want to do.. that isn't a bug. They won't autonomously work.. they aren't suppose too. Not sure that is what you meant but that's how I read it so thought I would reply. If you turn off autonomy they won't do anything unless another sim engages them.. they will stand around. It's not a bug if it's suppose to happen. It might be something you don't like about the game of course.
    As for the standing around thing with autonomy on.. I do get it now and then.. for me it seems usually associated with too much going on, as in too much to render (huge house over 300k with fountains galore ect) going beyond the recommended population, and or mods that might not be functioning well (yes I do update them when I use them).
    Mods seem to do the worst if I get last exceptions. I usually end up pulling everything out... then cleaning out the files affected.
    I don't think I'm so much lucky as I tend to play simply and enjoy it. Like I play on slow, I have low populations per save. I don't use a lot of mods and when I do they are types I can pull out.. I don't use cc unless it's something I feel I need for a story ... like that one star trek uniform I need for a play through. Then I take all of that out frequently. I'm not suggesting that everyone needs to do this. I just don't know or can't get how I don't have the same problems others do unless it's connected to my play style, mods and maybe ability to be okay with work arounds until something I don't like is fixed.
    I don't consider the leaf piles a bug for instance.. is it an eyesore .. sure. I remember getting so frustrated over the pet pee/poops that happened in Sims 1 and 2 that I would just leave those expansions out of my line up eventually... to me it's almost on that level but not as bad as that. I don't want to pull out Seasons over it as it doesn't affect my sims home score.. they also don't get bugs over the piles ..it's just ugly. I suppose if they get close to it they will get an uncomfortable moodlet but my sims don't so.. ehh. I'm also sure that the leaf pile will be addressed within a month or two.

I pulled out all the script mods except for MCCC and UI Cheats, and haven't had a LE pop up -- I should start putting the ones I really want back in (like littlemssam's Age Up Sims mod which is great for aging up all my child and teen Sims' friends at once) and see which one barks at me. I also used MCCC to run the autonomy scan and adjust a lot of the autonomous actions, so I was able to get rid of a lot of autonomy tuning mods.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I don't use mods, CC, or game cheats - maybe that matters.
    Try playing a household of 8 vampires who are addicted to drinking water, mixing drinks at the bar all day long or cringe when you see sims without nails you think about mods and CC too.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Writin_Reg What exactly is "game breaking" for you? I mean if you purchase a product & it is glitched from the moment you install it why wouldn't it be game breaking? The problem I see is that the player base has become complacent in all things Sim. I just don't understand how they can put out any product without first having a testing area for it before they release it.

@Hermitgirl You are lucky if your leaf piles have no bugs. These are mine:

https://imgur.com/obd2l0d

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Writin_Reg What exactly is "game breaking" for you? I mean if you purchase a product & it is glitched from the moment you install it why wouldn't it be game breaking? The problem I see is that the player base has become complacent in all things Sim. I just don't understand how they can put out any product without first having a testing area for it before they release it.

Oh I didn't mean it like that... I was thinking back when bugs/insects (in prior games) gave you a low house score (Sims 1). Your sims had to call an exterminator over it (Sims 2).. and you still had to clean up after the exterminator left. It got old real quick to have stray pets autonomously using your yard as a dump frequently and your sim had to run out and clean it up or pay the price for it literally in time and effort later. I wasn't clear that that's what I mean, sorry bout that. All that I think you get now is an uncomfortable moodlet if you get in the vicinity of one now. If they are close to my sims yard .. close enough to do that I might set fire to them but I haven't done that to any but one pile so far.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl Thanks for letting me know. Never played any of the other Sim games. I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out the camera on a trial for Sims 3 & got frustrated & before I could get back in my trial was up.

My Sim has the fire resist so when she sets them on fire she begins to play in it along with other random Sims. The flames go away but the piles persist. If they were going to give us this messy green pile of leaves they could have at least let us have compost.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

If the game did not play right - then yes it would be game breaking to me. But I see people list things that does not happen in my game. I rarely see anything gme breaking. No lag, No weird teleporting - none of the things I see people post as game breaking DOES NOT HAPPEN in my game. When I say I don't have game breking bugs - it is because it is playing as it always has - without weird issues.

I don't know how much clearer to write that - but I play my game as I always do quite often even because I am on Chemotherapy and don't feel up to do too much most days - so I sit at my desk and play Sims - and see no strangeness. It just plays. The Sims do what I tell them to - sometimes do things on their own even - what more can I say? When a game plays fine - well in my view it is not broken.

Also the leaf piles do not break the game - the game performs fine - they just look rather gross and makethe sims going by them disgusted because they stink.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

If the game did not play right - then yes it would be game breaking to me. But I see people list things that does not happen in my game. I rarely see anything gme breaking. No lag, No weird teleporting - none of the things I see people post as game breaking DOES NOT HAPPEN in my game. When I say I don't have game breking bugs - it is because it is playing as it always has - without weird issues.

I don't know how much clearer to write that - but I play my game as I always do quite often even because I am on Chemotherapy and don't feel up to do too much most days - so I sit at my desk and play Sims - and see no strangeness. It just plays. The Sims do what I tell them to - sometimes do things on their own even - what more can I say? When a game plays fine - well in my view it is not broken.

Also the leaf piles do not break the game - the game performs fine - they just look rather gross and makethe sims going by them disgusted because they stink.

I guess I have an extremely higher standard than you do when it comes to things like this. Right now my game is completely unplayable.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I guess I have an extremely higher standard than you do when it comes to things like this. Right now my game is completely unplayable.

Oh I highly doubt that - I demand a perfectly working pc with no issues 24 - 7 and if my game did not play right believe me I spare no words.

Apparently you just cannot accept others having no problem with the game - that for who knows what reason - on your pc - it is apparently messed up. I know many more players that have no issues than players who do have issues and that is a fact.

EA can even check my game anytime they want I am always connected to Origin and they have full permissions to watch my game play. I also noted you say you cannot be connected to Origin or play online - while I never have an issue with it. It plays the same on Origin or off. So you obviously have some kind of issues with your pc, Origin, and your connectivity. I have none.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited September 2018
    Don't know if this is a glitch in Seasons, but It rains way too much. As soon as I start to play a Sim, it will be sunny, then start storming right away. I wish devs. would change that. It goes on for a long time too. This can be frustrating because you then have to wait a long time before you can go outside and sell or bbq, dig up stones, go fishing, etc. Going to another world doesn't work because it starts having bad weather too. I usually end up trying another storyline or quit the game if I don't have the time to wait.
    Speaking of selling, the street gallery art wall appears to now occasionally, work on some lots, but not on Sim's own lots or other types. Therefore, so much for it being used for a "yard sell". Especially, if the player actually has to go to a festival (in which there is limited time) or a park that will allow your Sim's to sell their art.
    Btw, there is not enough empty lots to keep building galleries for each Sim in order to sell their art. This annoying bug has been going on since last year's C&D patch back in November of 2017!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention, I don't know if anyone else is having this irritating thing where the Sims keep running outside even in bad weather to talk to a plant??? As a result, every action that is in the queue gets delayed but even worse, the Sim suddenly changes from outfits that I just put them in, because they keep running outside!
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have not noticed any problems so far with Sims 4 and I have played it on 3 laptops, none of which had any issues running the game. My current laptop runs the game, even though the video card is a bit out of date (6 months according to Can You Run It). I have almost all of the packs installed (except Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, Pets, My First Pet Stuff, Vampires and Jungle Adventure). If I had to upgrade anything, it would be the graphics card (luckily I have another laptop I could trade in to help with the cost of the card and install it). This would also help with TS2, which I also love to play and miss it a lot.

As far as bugs in the game, I have not seen any in the short amount of time I have actually played the game. I guess, even though I spend less than $700 for a laptop, I have just been lucky.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Don't know if this is a glitch in Seasons, but It rains way too much. As soon as I start to play a Sim, it will be sunny, then start storming right away. I wish devs. would change that. It goes on for a long time too. This can be frustrating because you then have to wait a long time before you can go outside and sell or bbq, dig up stones, go fishing, etc. Going to another world doesn't work because it starts having bad weather too. I usually end up trying another storyline or quit the game if I don't have the time to wait.
    Speaking of selling, the street gallery art wall appears to now occasionally, work on some lots, but not on Sim's own lots or other types. Therefore, so much for it being used for a "yard sell". Especially, if the player actually has to go to a festival (in which there is limited time) or a park that will allow your Sim's to sell their art.
    Btw, there is not enough empty lots to keep building galleries for each Sim in order to sell their art. This annoying bug has been going on since last year's C&D patch back in November of 2017!

Rain in the Sims has always been too much. It's not a bug - but the way they make it. Seems like every Season ep just had way more rain than most of us wanted. Spring is often worse than Summer. I am playing in Brindleton Bay right now and both Spring and Summer so far has tons of rain. I play each Season 28 days - so I am hope Fall rain lessens a lot.

Sims 2 and Sims 3 had a lot of rain too

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Oh I highly doubt that - I demand a perfectly working pc with no issues 24 - 7 and if my game did not play right believe me I spare no words.

Apparently you just cannot accept others having no problem with the game - that for who knows what reason - on your pc - it is apparently messed up. I know many more players that have no issues than players who do have issues and that is a fact.

EA can even check my game anytime they want I am always connected to Origin and they have full permissions to watch my game play. I also noted you say you cannot be connected to Origin or play online - while I never have an issue with it. It plays the same on Origin or off. So you obviously have some kind of issues with your pc, Origin, and your connectivity. I have none.

Actually, I could play with origin online, but I refuse to. I do not like games or gaming services that are always online. I prefer offline only video games. I have a brand new gaming PC that my husband built, so it is not my PC. My PC plays other games just fine. I played files with and without mods/cc and I see things that make my game unplayable for me. For example, if a sim travels off the lot during a holiday, others that were at work or school come home early. That is just one example that makes my unplayable, so if it is by design then that us a bad thing as I hope it is just a bug. Another bug is that if there is a toddler or pet in the household, sim teen to elder will drop everything I put in their cue to "check on" or "pet" them. There are other even smaller things like that which I see that make my game unplayable. That is why I assume my standards of the game being playable are higher.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Writin_Reg , I too have very little to no problems with the game itself (other than some personal feelings) and it runs fine on my computer. I do agree that there are features I miss from Sims 2 and 3, but I try to play Sims 4 with an open mind when I do play it. I own everything released so far.

Most of the "problems, bugs and glitches" folks encounter are due to outdated Mods or CC which have to be updated every time a new patch or new content is released. This was the same with Sims 3. I never updated the game until I knew the mods I play with were updated to work on the new patch. Same holds true for Sims 4 and I'll be honest I play a mostly Vanilla game with very little CC and no mods.

By no means am I saying Sims 4 is perfect. There are things I miss from Sims 2 and 3, but I play those too and have fun with all versions for different reasons.

We can all agree to disagree and I do know that some computers just don't like this game just as some don't like Sims 3. (Computers I mean)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options

You can turn off the weather in Game Options -- you'll still get the temperature changes but no rain. You can turn off rain, thunderstorms or both. Same with snow -- you can turn off snowfall, blizzards or both. If it's not a thunderstorm, you can still go outside to dig up rocks, fish etc. -- your Sim just gets a negative moodlet for "uncomfortably wet" unless they purchase the Waterproof trait (I use that trait quite a bit for my gardening Sims). Also, some places do rain more than others, just like in Real Life; a coastal town like Brindleton Bay or Windenburg is going to get a lot more storms than Oasis Springs, and my Sims have left their home in Newcrest during a summer shower and arrived in San Myshuno during a heat wave.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's reel it in with the comments about how high are standards may or may not be in comparison to others, thanks.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    You can turn off the weather in Game Options -- you'll still get the temperature changes but no rain. You can turn off rain, thunderstorms or both. Same with snow -- you can turn off snowfall, blizzards or both. If it's not a thunderstorm, you can still go outside to dig up rocks, fish etc. -- your Sim just gets a negative moodlet for "uncomfortably wet" unless they purchase the Waterproof trait (I use that trait quite a bit for my gardening Sims). Also, some places do rain more than others, just like in Real Life; a coastal town like Brindleton Bay or Windenburg is going to get a lot more storms than Oasis Springs, and my Sims have left their home in Newcrest during a summer shower and arrived in San Myshuno during a heat wave.

Yeah, but it constantly rains in all the worlds no matter where my Sim is at. Including the destination places. The Sim pays to go to explore and has to run for cover the whole time because there is a thunderstorm during each day the Sim is there to visit! Also, we know Oasis Springs shouldn't get too much rain that often. (Unless, of course it's monsoon season which is usually one or two months a year in real life!). Regardless, thanks so much for the tips. It was really getting on my nerves. I will try them and hope they work!.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Rain in the Sims has always been too much. It's not a bug - but the way they make it. Seems like every Season ep just had way more rain than most of us wanted. Spring is often worse than Summer. I am playing in Brindleton Bay right now and both Spring and Summer so far has tons of rain. I play each Season 28 days - so I am hope Fall rain lessens a lot.

Sims 2 and Sims 3 had a lot of rain too

Wow, thanks for letting me know. I still hope it's possible for them to tweak this before going on to more expansions or Sims5.