Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss "Sims 5" Project: 06 NEW GAME MODES

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Late to the party... I don't want ultra realism in the look of the game, save the realism for the gameplay.

As for customisation, the best way they could do it, is as a combination of bodyshop from ts2 and create a style from ts3. Use it for both sims and objects. Edit out of game, then install. Being a separate program means you could edit without having to do so in game. You could customise the look of stuff now, and play with it later.

Terrain tools need to exist in 2t5, with the ability to build hills in your own back yard. CAW needs a comeback too.

But wouldnt be easier if those tools were inside the game? Then we wouldnt need to open/close the game all the time.

Yeah I agree. I think that if the tools were in game it be easier to use them. Also we could have a paintbrush system for sims to add tatoos and birth marks.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Late to the party... I don't want ultra realism in the look of the game, save the realism for the gameplay.

As for customisation, the best way they could do it, is as a combination of bodyshop from ts2 and create a style from ts3. Use it for both sims and objects. Edit out of game, then install. Being a separate program means you could edit without having to do so in game. You could customise the look of stuff now, and play with it later.

Terrain tools need to exist in 2t5, with the ability to build hills in your own back yard. CAW needs a comeback too.

But wouldnt be easier if those tools were inside the game? Then we wouldnt need to open/close the game all the time.

Yeah I agree. I think that if the tools were in game it be easier to use them. Also we could have a paintbrush system for sims to add tatoos and birth marks.

I would like terrain tools but when o try to use them it always looks terrible lol. I think if that’s an option in sims 5 I would leave it to the professionals.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Custom tattoos would be cool. And maybe you could download some from the gallery.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited September 2018
    And the average joe?! You mean you don’t want most of the freaking population with an okay computer to play the game?? That seems like what you are implying.

I have to agree with @Sigzy05, these games aren't meant to run on low end computers. IIRC, the specs were raised for C&D. If they start out with higher specs from the beginning, people will know what they have to aim toward and then they can save up. I don't know of any other franchise that caters for lower-end computers nor do I think they should. The Sims has side games, mobile games, and console games, too. I'm all for inclusion and wanting everyone to be able to play the game, but that's the great thing about the franchise, there's options for people. And I highly doubt that the majority of people with low-end computers (or any computer for that matter) are playing the game completely vanilla, so that could also be a contributing factor to the game not running amazingly well.

I think technology has come a long way since the days of TS3, in particular, so I think they could have higher textures, more details, more realism, and things like open world. I really do think TS3 was ahead of its time with what they tried to do with it.

I think a lot of Simmers would love to see the realism (animations wise) and details from TS2, the customisation tools and open world from TS3, and elements from TS4, like CAS. And I personally think that would be possible for TS5.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    With reference to customisation tools, I think my number one thing (I'd be willing to give up a completely open world and compromise for open neighborhoods and bigger neighborhoods) would be to have CASt back. I strongly dislike having to download recolors in order to get more color options. That's no shade on anyone who makes recolors because people do amazing work, but it's so off putting to like a certain hair style or chair, having to find the mesh, and then download all the color options for it.

As a builder, I think terrain tools should make a return, that makes lots so much more customisable.

Those would be my top two customisation tools that I'd like to see return.

Edit: Oooh, CAW! I never used it personally, but the worlds that people were (and still continue to make) incredible!
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I don't think they have to necessarily cater to low end computers but only catering to high ends will probably lose a lot of people. And I don't think it's simply a case of "people can just save up" because computers are expensive and I've been trying to save up for a decent computer for over a year now and I'm not even halfway there. So imagine if I tried saving up for a high end one.

I don't think they have to cut certain features to cater to low end PCs. But also don't think they will put in open world. Maybe they will find a better way to implement it so it runs better. But either way I think they should at least have open neighbourhoods.

They could also put in more details. I don't want them to put in a realistic style because I think it would ruin the game for me.

So if the sims 5 doesn't cater to low end PCs then at least to medium ones so that more ppl can play. And at least give an option for ppl with laptops like laptop mode.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I don't think they have to necessarily cater to low end computers but only catering to high ends will probably lose a lot of people. And I don't think it's simply a case of "people can just save up" because computers are expensive and I've been trying to save up for a decent computer for over a year now and I'm not even halfway there. So imagine if I tried saving up for a high end one.

I don't think they have to cut certain features to cater to low end PCs. But also don't think they will put in open world. Maybe they will find a better way to implement it so it runs better. But either way I think they should at least have open neighbourhoods.

They could also put in more details. I don't want them to put in a realistic style because I think it would ruin the game for me.

So if the sims 5 doesn't cater to low end PCs then at least to medium ones so that more ppl can play. And at least give an option for ppl with laptops like laptop mode.

See that’s all I’m trying to say. Thank you.
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I think you’d be surprised if it would result in an awesome, detailed life simulation game. Sure it would mean losing people, but it would also mean gaining other people (back).

As for the subject, sooooo important to me! But it’s 12.30 am here so I’ll postpone my opinions to tomorrow ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I really liked the sims paint tool for dogs. I would want to keep that part. I don’t think I would like that system for sims though.
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Which tools from previous games would you like to see in SIms 5? Do you have any ideas of something new for the series?

In game I'd want:
    • CASt, just like we have it in Sims 3, it's a perfect tool. So, both colour wheel and the ability to recolour patterns on every single surface I want to. So no more 'you just can have this nice flower print for this dress'. If I want a wooden dress or a metal one, let me.
    • Terrain tools (bit more user friendly than in Sims 3).
    • Pool tools.
    • Pond tools.
    • A way to add or remove lot frames and adjust items in the world (like Sims 3, again, why change - or remove... - perfection).

Outside the game:
    • Create a World (I'd love it to be a bit more use friendly than it is in Sims 3 for myself, but if not I will happily rely on other, more skilled creators).
    • Create a Pattern.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I really liked the sims paint tool for dogs. I would want to keep that part. I don’t think I would like that system for sims though.

Would be cool if we could have that in sism as well. I would love to be able to freely place tattoos instead of the preset tattoo places we had os far... And, iamge what simmers can do as well. Sims with vitiligo, aliens, magical beings, elves, so many possibilites... THats why i love freedom in SIms games!
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Which tools from previous games would you like to see in SIms 5? Do you have any ideas of something new for the series?

In game I'd want:
    • CASt, just like we have it in Sims 3, it's a perfect tool. So, both colour wheel and the ability to recolour patterns on every single surface I want to. So no more 'you just can have this nice flower print for this dress'. If I want a wooden dress or a metal one, let me.
    • Pool tools.
    • Pond tools.
    • A way to add or remove lot frames and adjust items in the world (like Sims 3, again, why change - or remove... - perfection).

Outside the game:
    • Create a World (I'd love it to be a bit more use friendly than it is in Sims 3 for myself, but if not I will happily rely on other, more skilled creators).
    • Create a Pattern.

Yes, i dont understand why the devs like to restrain us, if we had 100% freedom to choose patterns/surfaces we could come up with som many cool things. I mean, i understand that in rl we dont have metal dresses, but if i want to follow the real life i would have that option, but if i want to go crazy with freedom using my tools, i didnt had this possibility!
  • Options
    edited September 2018

In game I'd want:
    • Pool tools.
    • Pond tools.

Outside the game:
    • Create a Pattern.

Yes, i dont understand why the devs like to restrain us, if we had 100% freedom to choose patterns/surfaces we could come up with som many cool things. I mean, i understand that in rl we dont have metal dresses, but if i want to follow the real life i would have that option, but if i want to go crazy with freedom using my tools, i didnt had this possibility!
    I actually used rusted metal for his coat here, just to make it look worn.

Zwerver_478_zpsx2mgkwa3.png

(and a different colour of rusty metal for the bike, because he found it on a dump in my story)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    randomizing trait button I want that back
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I think you’d be surprised if it would result in an awesome, detailed life simulation game. Sure it would mean losing people, but it would also mean gaining other people (back).

As for the subject, sooooo important to me! But it’s 12.30 am here so I’ll postpone my opinions to tomorrow ;)

Yeah I guess if they made it super awesome it would gain more people but I don't think they need to only cater to super high ends to make a cool game. Like technology is advancing so maybe they could do more with the sims 5 than they did previously while still catering to people that can only afford medium range PCs.

I don't know how it would work but if they could do both then that would be better.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

Yeah I guess if they made it super awesome it would gain more people but I don't think they need to only cater to super high ends to make a cool game. Like technology is advancing so maybe they could do more with the sims 5 than they did previously while still catering to people that can only afford medium range PCs.

I don't know how it would work but if they could do both then that would be better.
    The fact Sims 3 runs so much better and faster and smoother for most Sims 3 players now, proves that advancing technology is on our side ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Yes, SIms 3 is running way better than when it was released, but i cant handle the glossyness the sims have aaaaa
  • Options
    Yes, SIms 3 is running way better than when it was released, but i cant handle the glossyness the sims have aaaaa

What do you mean by glossy?
  • Options
    Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    There are a two tools I would like to see, Since I am far from being a program/content designer this is all I could think of:

1. One tool to help me manage and organize my downloaded custom content. A nice easy way too view custom content (what it looks like in game) and delete it when I no longer want it, or it no longer works.

2. A while ago, we used to be able to design our own worlds using sim city. It was incredibly hard to use and I never was able to design a nice world. Hoover, I loved the idea, and would LOVE to see this feature return. But perhaps it could be a little more user friendly.
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

Probably the ‘all sims in 3 look puffy’ myth?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Quintina85 wrote: »
    There are a two tools I would like to see, Since I am far from being a program/content designer this is all I could think of:

1. One tool to help me manage and organize my downloaded custom content. A nice easy way too view custom content (what it looks like in game) and delete it when I no longer want it, or it no longer works.

2. A while ago, we used to be able to design our own worlds using sim city. It was incredibly hard to use and I never was able to design a nice world. Hoover, I loved the idea, and would LOVE to see this feature return. But perhaps it could be a little more user friendly.

I think we had that cc/mod manager in SIms 2. Let me check the name here...
    hahaha sorry, i am back... haha its called "Content Manager" hahaha i am so stupid... what else it would be called?!
    But, yes, i agree. i dont use a lot o mods/cc, but i have seen some tutorials teaching how to find and get rid of unwanted cc, and its too much work when the devs could help us easily manage that.

Not that, actually. It doesnt happen all the time, usually it happens in the CAS... I mean, when the sim skin-tone look as glossy as plastic, and it feels weird to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Oh, i was thinking about something i would really be greatful to have back in the game. In SIms 2 we had so much freedom using foundations. We could do many things. We could stack foundation over foundation, we could create L shaped staircases, or Y shaped stair cases, and many other things that our creative minds could come up with. In SIms 2 they patched it, and removed (if i am right), in sims 3 we didnt had it even in the base game, and in sims 4 they restrained a lot more our freedom around the "Platforms, Foundations & Decks tool" (probably the gallery's fault, jsut like the terrain tools). But i really want that to ocme back in all the next Sims eras. Please. Please.
    i remember how in SIms 4 base game promotional period the gurus said the building tools were better, we could come up with more stuff, that it was easier to use, but know i dont see it. We dont have as much freedom as before, its just easy to build, not enough tools to make detailed houses.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Quintina85 wrote: »

I think we had that cc/mod manager in SIms 2. Let me check the name here...
    hahaha sorry, i am back... haha its called "Content Manager" hahaha i am so stupid... what else it would be called?!
    But, yes, i agree. i dont use a lot o mods/cc, but i have seen some tutorials teaching how to find and get rid of unwanted cc, and its too much work when the devs could help us easily manage that.

Not that, actually. It doesnt happen all the time, usually it happens in the CAS... I mean, when the sim skin-tone look as glossy as plastic, and it feels weird to me.
    You’re not playing the game in CAS though aren’t you ;)?

100% agree with you concerning the foundations and creating stairs!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    I do like the idea of bringing back Create a Style. Plus, I think we should add more options for the eyes and mouth in Create A Sim. Like not only changing the color of the Iris, but being able to change the color of the Sclera as well as possess the option to create Heterochromia Iridum eyes. I like the Teeth options from The Sims 4, but I believe we should be able to add color to our sims' teeth. Or at least have the options to make them clean or tea stained.

As for the objects, I sure that some of you remember my Create An Object (CAO for short) idea.

As for Building, I do hope that they can implement an option or cheat for us to construct high rise buildings. Eight or more story tall buildings. Plus, if they don't mind implementing the concept of apartments in the base game, they could/should implement a tool that allows us to label each room within the building. You know. A Tool that can have us label this room as an apartment unit as the other could be the lobby and the rooms down stairs could be a retail store, coffee shop, Diner, and/or so on. Any of you ever lived in an apartment building that is connected to a coffee shop or bar? Plus, I miss The Sims 2 style of Apartment living/management. Getting rather tired of "The rest of the building is simply set dressing" deal.
  • Options
    I don’t really like the whole object customization thing. It just gave the house a weird texture. A big part of why the sims 3 was just okay to me is that the game always looked dingy and gross. I felt like I had to take a shower after playing it lol. Clothing customization I would like. Hair and skin too.
    It's a lot of fun!