The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(YouTube) Sims 2 Woohoo video snafu

NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 2
Two months ago, I received a notice from YouTube saying that my Sims 2 Woohoo video has been age-restricted, making it an 18+ only video and cutting off its monetization. I'm pretty it was a YouTube bot, but I wonder if any other YouTube Simmers got nabbed as a result of this. I know that the Red Plumbob's Woohoo evolution video got the same treatment as mine did, but why on earth would YouTube pick a Teen-rated game showing off an obvious euphemism for what's already banned on there. And no "custom content" either! Let me know your thoughts about this snafu too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OIPu-677U6I

YouTube's has risen and fallen in the many years I've been on the site. Maybe the suggestive cinematic was enough for YouTube to nab me. But if anyone else has a Sims 2 Woohoo video, be forewarned about this bug in the system.
Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Wow, that's the in game camera video of woohoo when we turn on the special camera. Maxis made video. How can they consider that age restricted?

I have some videos over there (but not monetized. I have no idea how to do all that, or I would try to make some money :smiley: ) but mine doesn't show the actual in game video. My video ( a story trailer) stops at the making out. I saw a new guideline thing popup when I load videos about age retrictions and minors and all that...so I made sure there was no woohoo in the video, just in case. But I didn't actually read the new guidelines, yet.

That's sort of weird they would block a Maxis made woohoo video that we see when the special event camera is turned on. :o:/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I don't know what to say.
    I say I'm new to YouTube (even though The Sims Tutorial was created in 2015) and I have still not monetized my channel. I have included some suggestive scenes in some of my videos, but none of them got age restricted (I haven't included any bed woohoo cutscene).
    Try filing a complaint to YouTube. I'm sorry, that I can't help you any further. Hopefully the problem will be solved.
    edited September 2018
    I have a question, how did we watch it if it's been age restricted? I didn't have to log in to see your video.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have a question, how did we watch it if it's been age restricted? I didn't have to log in to see your video.

I just tried to watch the video in other internet browser where I haven't logged in and couldn't watch it.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Their sense of what is appropriate or not is really messed up. There were two videos in the past that I somehow stumbled across, and I flagged both of them. You might be asking what those two videos were, and they were; one was an animal being severely abused, and the other was a small child being assaulted. Their response to me was, those videos were not in violations of their rules.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Their sense of what is appropriate or not is really messed up. There were two videos in the past that I somehow stumbled across, and I flagged both of them. You might be asking what those two videos were, and they were; one was an animal being severely abused, and the other was a small child being assaulted. Their response to me was, those videos were not in violations of their rules.

I like to believe as I've heard about the recent Youtube news before, that videos having anything to do with acts of the suggestive nature, as well as about sexuality in general, get the boot first. Anything else is secondary; they'll even let videos of people spouting hateful ideologies through.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    EgonVM wrote: »

I just tried to watch the video in other internet browser where I haven't logged in and couldn't watch it.

I'm using IE11 and it wasn't blocked or anything.
  • NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    The link in my original post was to my reaction of the incident. It was a big surprise at first, but I was able to shrug it off. But I'll try to answer everyone's questions. If I tried to get the age-restriction appealed and YouTube still says it's a no-go, I'm afraid I could risk a community guidelines strike and lose some of my perks as a YouTube partner. And the little tabs explaining about community guidelines and minors in the videos are now standard on all YouTube upload pages. But to those who want to see the original video (requires a of-age YouTube/Google account due to this snafu), here's the link:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GBtTw0K4-hU
    Pic%2B15.PNG

edited September 2018
    Yeah, It says I have to log in. Good grief, I can't believe a Maxis special event camera video is rated R. Maybe EA or Maxis needs to get involved since it's in a teen game, (thirteen and younger in some countries) and it's their own special event when two Sims woohoo for the first time. I would be very fussy. (They do a lot more than kiss on TV these days, this is ridiculous when at prime time I have to turn off the TV so grandkids don't get an education about everything, when in TS2 this is all suggested and under covers and doesn't show anything but TV shows all in prime time slots, do, I can't believe this).
  • NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    Good grief, I can't believe a Maxis special event camera video is rated R. Maybe EA or Maxis needs to get involved since it's in a teen game, (thirteen and younger in some countries) and it's their own special event when two Sims woohoo for the first time.

I should get EA involved in this. The question is how should I address this to EA (Maxis might be defunct) and how to get it to reach a broader audience (I only have 1,842 subscribers as of now). The Simmer community NEEDS to know!

Pic%2B15.PNG

Good grief, I can't believe a Maxis special event camera video is rated R. Maybe EA or Maxis needs to get involved since it's in a teen game, (thirteen and younger in some countries) and it's their own special event when two Sims woohoo for the first time.

I should get EA involved in this. The question is how should I address this to EA (Maxis might be defunct) and how to get it to reach a broader audience (I only have 1,842 subscribers as of now). The Simmer community NEEDS to know!

I don't know, since they are more concerned with TS4 youtubers than they are with those who actually promote their older games. That's a great number, I think I have 8. ROFL. But my videos from TS3 years ago, got a few views, they got more views than my TS2 or TS4 videos. Lol. I think the highest views I ever had was a Sherlock story I did, around 500+ That's the most views and only 8 subscribers. :p:persevere: