Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens if the only adult in the household dies?

As the title mentioned, what will happen to the Teens/Children when the only Adult/Young Adult/Elder in the household dies?

I've noticed that in the previous games, there will be two scenarios, where the kids be either teens or children.
In other games, if there are teens in the household, the social worker will not appear. But if there's only children, the social worker will appear and take the childrens away.

So I just want to ask, what will happen to the kids in The Sims 4 if the adults in the household dies? Will it be the same as the previous games?

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    If there is a teen, nothing will happen. Teens will pretty much take on the responsibility as an adult.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Teens don't even have to go to school. Lucky!
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    HenryZHenryZ Posts: 6 New Member
    > @colton147 said:
    > If there is a teen, nothing will happen. Teens will pretty much take on the responsibility as an adult.

Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    HenryZHenryZ Posts: 6 New Member
    Sorry, this is my first time trying to reply on other's reply, so i just clicked quote, lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    What?! They get deleted?
    Why not become some kind of unplayable unplayed household that can't be used until an adult is added in?
    That's so cruel holy cow!
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    It would be nice if the baby was either
    a) taken by social services and appears in the "adopt" selection
    b) put into "unplayed households" and left unplayable until an adult is added or the baby is added to another household with an adult.
  • Options
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Wait. The game deletes your sims? Why? It has an adoption process. Just one more thing to add to the list, I guess.

@S100Headache, I'd love it if we could play single teens.
  • Options
    L_Gibbs1372L_Gibbs1372 Posts: 30 New Member
    I was curious about this as well, I was wanting to see what happened when only a teen was left.

I knew the game deleted babies and kids that get taken by the social worker due to neglect but I was hoping maybe they'd get adopted out if the parents/guardians died.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    AlmaMM wrote: »
    What?! They get deleted?
    Why not become some kind of unplayable unplayed household that can't be used until an adult is added in?
    That's so cruel holy cow!

Social workers are either aliens or rogue AI.
    So not surprising.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    That's good to know. I was wondering about that!
    Only started posting recently after lurking on the forums for 5 years! :)
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    This sort of makes me want to make a family with a teen and let "bad things" happen so I can have a wayward teen. Hmm...
  • Options
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I was playing my now defunct Legacy family. Both my Founder and his wife passed away on the very same day, leaving their heir, a teen, and his two younger brothers alone. A couple of days later the middle son became a teen, but it was still a few days before the youngest became a teen. Happily my heir was just a few days off of YA, so he could take the reigns. I looked at the possible jobs open to him, but the one that paid the most cut into school hours. If he hadn't been so close to graduating, I may have chosen that one. But I decided to have both teens work and let them graduate. It was tough going, but they did manage to get the lights turned back on. And once the youngest was a teen, he, too, took a job and went to school. It pays to scrounge around and harvest the wild fruits and veggies to sell. :) Sadly, my Legacy died because the first heir failed to produce an actual heir, himself … and I made the tragic mistake of moving his eldest son out of the household… Oopsie.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited December 2014
    I was playing my now defunct Legacy family. Both my Founder and his wife passed away on the very same day, leaving their heir, a teen, and his two younger brothers alone. A couple of days later the middle son became a teen, but it was still a few days before the youngest became a teen. Happily my heir was just a few days off of YA, so he could take the reigns. I looked at the possible jobs open to him, but the one that paid the most cut into school hours. If he hadn't been so close to graduating, I may have chosen that one. But I decided to have both teens work and let them graduate. It was tough going, but they did manage to get the lights turned back on. And once the youngest was a teen, he, too, took a job and went to school. It pays to scrounge around and harvest the wild fruits and veggies to sell. :) Sadly, my Legacy died because the first heir failed to produce an actual heir, himself … and I made the tragic mistake of moving his eldest son out of the household… Oopsie.

Oh wow was an intersting legacy story. That's pretty cool how you challenged the teens to work and graduate. And they were able to take care of the younger child till he aged up.

I was playing a rosebud/legacy challenge. Basically legacy challenge rules for the most part, but with the end goal to make the family a million dollars as the generations go on. Anyway that save got wonky and I deleted it. But I really would like to set up this challenge again with a wayward teen. That's so cool. So they can even have normal adult jobs?
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    If there are only children on the lot when a teen, young adult, adult or elder dies, this happens:
    tumblr_n0lnhcipK61tpkxhdo3_400.gif

:open_mouth:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Chey4103Chey4103 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I've had a problem where I have a household with an elder and a teen. The elder dies and every time the game shuts down. I've reloaded the game multiple times and each time it does the same thing and shuts down.
  • Options
    XvanaXvana Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I found out that if you have mc command center and theres another sim who knew the child before its parents death you can move the child into your household :) this is such a relief.
    Heres my story:
    Typical run away teen mom starting a life with her boyfriend and her loving new born baby in a small home Long story short there was a fire where both the mom and her boyfriend died and game over for the baby but then her grandma adopted the baby?
    does that make sense lol
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    What actually happens on-screen when it's game over? I've never experienced it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    What actually happens on-screen when it's game over? I've never experienced it.

When it's game over, you are given two options:
    1. Save and go to manage worlds
    2. Don't save and exit to main menu
  • Options
    MonbebeArmyLMonbebeArmyL Posts: 1 New Member
    my sim had a divorce with her 'husband' and they each halved the children. i got a notif the husband died and i checked to see where the kids are so i can take them under her wing and idk where to find the children. they show up as on my family tree but i cant find them in manage households. so my best guess is that they were deleted but i can still see them on the family tree. is there anyway i can get them back?
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    For now, I made my mod so that it's only Game Over if, after the next death, the household is empty or consists of only babies.

In the event of "only babies left behind", they're deleted, but I made it say they're adopted by somebody really far away, so I can pretend a random townie who looks like he/she could be that child is that child. You can't really tell with the baby-objects anyway.

If there is at least one child or older, the game goes on.

Look for this after the career patch. The last thing I want is the career patch blowing up my mod after I release it.

The next step is to try to make a UI mod that snuffs out "Household must contain at least one adult" in the dialog boxes. I want to do a single teen...

@S100Headache, I know you commented here 4 years ago, but you said you made a mod to address this...sort of. Since then have you made a mod to actually make children and babies of dead sims show up as “adoptable”? If not, could you?

• Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    my sim had a divorce with her 'husband' and they each halved the children. i got a notif the husband died and i checked to see where the kids are so i can take them under her wing and idk where to find the children. they show up as on my family tree but i cant find them in manage households. so my best guess is that they were deleted but i can still see them on the family tree. is there anyway i can get them back?

That sucks! The kids should automatically return to the other parent!
  • Options
    OkydokiyokiOkydokiyoki Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks for all these comments! The mother of one of my family just got notice that she may not have too much longer so I created a sister for her to move in with the family so I won't lose these kids and all that money and large house I worked on.