Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Self Defense and Martial Arts in TS4

I was walking outside last night, and as I passed through the city, female, an idea occurred to me. We don't have self dense or martial arts in TS4 yet. In TS3 you could learn martial arts in china, if you kick the doll long enough. And I was just thinking that there should be something like that in TS4.

With the different cultures we've gotten in game recently, and since City Living came out, we could definitely do something with the various martial arts of different cultures. Like Karate, Tai Chi, Capoeira, etc. We have a dancing skill, and skills related to supernatural stuff. In the supe stuff, you level up and gain new actions. Somewhere between those two, and the wellness skill, or all 3 together would work well for this.

And I think Self Defense should be another skill/martial art. You could have clubs like this. It could help you fend off vampires looking for a snack. It could go with the vampire hunting/supe hunting, options I mentioned in my previous thread. [https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947085/ideas-for-a-new-supes-pack#latest ]

It could be an aspiration (Self defense and martial arts each). You could want to become a Master Martial Artist, an MMA fighter, or a Self Defense Guru/Coach. It could line up with Wellness and be something you learn in dogos, or a community center option, or even a tai chi class at one of the spas. I think it'd be a really cool idea. And go with the new after-school options we're finally getting. Like the scouts. Maybe it'd even lead to us seeing after-school option in real time. Like the babysitting job, and we could actually go with them. Families could come to cheer their kids on. There could be contests. And maybe that would lead to other contests being created, like strongman/sim contests.

I think it would be pretty cool. And really easy to add to your storytelling.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I like your idea, I really liked this aspect in TS3. Perhaps martial arts could be a skill in another holiday GP, perhaps a world like China again since I really liked that world in TS3. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’d be fine with them adding martial arts but idk about self-defense only because there’s no real crime so what’s the point? For people such as myself who do not have vampires, what would I use that skill for?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I would like sword fighting, to go with the armour the game already contains.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’d be fine with them adding martial arts but idk about self-defense only because there’s no real crime so what’s the point? For people such as myself who do not have vampires, what would I use that skill for?

Maybe for when the welcome wagon overstays their welcome.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

That would be awesome.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    I loved the Martial arts skill in TS3. Hopefully we get it back with some differences since the meditation (teleportation, levitation) side of it was already covered by the wellness skil in Spa Day.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Yes! I've wanted this since Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They really need to add in martial arts like the yoga skill where you can go into a class and have a trainer practice your skills with others and as you level up you gain a new belt color and fighting techniques. With the talk of super heroes which randomly comes up the vampires or if they ever add in the burglar it could easily fit in with any of these as a option to expand game play even more...
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The list of super stuff I would like is a mile long. It's easier to say all the stuff in sims3 that we don't have in sims4.
  • ElectricGileqElectricGileq Posts: 11 New Member
    Martial arts is a cool idea for a skill, and even a career track. Boxer / Pro-Wrestler / Martial Artist, anyone?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes - I'd love to have a Dojo back and martial art comps back. Almost all my Sims in Sims 3 practice the martial arts - some even compete. In real life many in my family have studied and practice the Martial Arts of all kind.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....