Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever tried creating yourself on CAS?

I tried creating myself and my friends on the sims 4 before. I love how you can pick different races since my friend group has a lot of diversity.
tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I tried once but it ended up not looking anything like me, haha.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah...I used my sim “me” in my profile picture. I’ve also recreated my family members into sims.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I tried once ... then I tried to play. It felt odd so I deleted me. At least I didn't suffer..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2018
    I made my original sim couple loosely based on some of my husband and my looks and personality traits (not too much like us so it wasn't creepy), so that added an interesting ripple effect as the kids moved on since most of the households I play include at least one of the adult 'offspring'. Just to mix it up more I have several living 'communally' with each other &/or spouses/kids &/or others created or game sims. This way they are not just to themselves and they oftentimes work together to maintain large greenhouses and one or two businesses plus their respective careers. Keeps things busy and more interesting. Also adds to financial and workload stability. Just for fun I also move the original mom and dad around to different households (that include at least one of their adult children) at different points.

With all of this in mind, one of my favorite adult children for them to live with and interact with is one that ended up, once he grew up, looking more like one of my (real life) sons than I think he would have if I had made him in CAS! ...And a funny note... I married him to 'Summer', and he (real son) actually plays Sims on his game system and I found out later that his guy married Summer at one time in his play. Hahaha!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited September 2018
    My Avatar is my Sims4 version of me. It's still not quite right, by my young grandson said it looked like me. LOL The only RL family I have ever played in game is that of my seventh great-grandparents and then my sixth great-grandparents on a rotation save. I figured 9-10 generations back was in no way creepy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I made a "me" family before! I kept them from aging so I would never die and luckily no freak accidents so far.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes just last week. Its my profile pic now although I am not super pleased with it. Couldn't find the proper cheeks and i find these too much saggy :D
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Oh yes, definitely! My current legacy is derived from my simself and Malcom Landgraab.
    I know some people get creeped out playing their simselves, but I'm kinda obsessed with it? :sweat_smile: Even if it looks like me, I don't see the sim as "me" so much as I see it as a "copy" and I love to see how different we are and what the copy gets up to when let loose.
  • Options
    SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    I made a "me" sim, it doesn't look too much like me. Adult sims aren't able - without mods- to be as short as I am, so body proportions look more like a normal person with a fat butt, and I'm a tiny person with something resembling an hourglass figure, where the narrow part gets less narrow as time goes by.

I tried to put her through the "poor" phase of my life, small starter house, etc. My hobbies are craft related, so she is gardening and collecting a bunch of things. It's not all it's cracked up to be, it feels a little weird to me.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    I recreated my family when my boys were still teens, and all my pets were still alive, I have since lost the dog, and the stripped cat. Here is a Christmas Card picture version (I removed my families names, but left the pet names).
    42304785_1116403945176566_4933374911369445376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=afa7b5ad81f237dede2f82bdce0e9f01&oe=5C2DBC22

I'm going to have to do an update after my first grandbaby is born, later in October. My eldest has since gotten married, and my youngest is in his third year of college.

• Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I did create my “simself” once or twice. I don’t think I ever managed to make it really look like me, though. I find it difficult to match my own features to the presets in CAS for some reason.

Once I did create myself, I couldn’t play as her for very long. In addition to it feeling kind of bizarre, I got bored pretty quickly because I was playing out my life a little too accurately. I even created myself in TS3 and placed myself and my cat as townies in Bridgeport. My cat just kept sleeping on benches and I must have locked myself inside like a hermit because I never saw her once while I was playing a different household. :no_mouth:

So...I guess the Sims has only confirmed my life is boring. :lol:
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The brown haired Sim in my profile pic and the pic in my signature (below) are both supposed to be me... lol The black haired Sim is my boyfriend.

They're probably not the most accurate depictions, but I honestly don't really have the patience to get into an extreme amount of detail... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I have a save with my simself, I don’t play it much though.
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I do like to create my simself in CAS. It's the sim in my profile picture and I change it up whenever I change my look somewhat ^_^ though I don't play the game with my simself, I don't enjoy that one bit!
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I do like to create my simself in CAS. It's the sim in my profile picture and I change it up whenever I change my look somewhat ^_^ though I don't play the game with my simself, I don't enjoy that one bit!

The same here, the family I created, I don't play them, although they are in one game save, I don't play them, but I do keep tabs on them.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I tried it quite recently, painstakingly following my face shape/features using photo references from all angles, using lots of CC to match my skin and freckles (and baggy eyes :D ) and just the right eye colour, but somehow even though it matches the pictures perfectly in proportions etc... I can't see the resemblance and I can't work out why. It's just weird lol
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I did make myself when I first got the sims. And the face and hair and stuff looked pretty similar. But one of my defining personal features it that I'm very short.(4'11) So it actually really bothered me that my sim self was the same height as everyone else. Silly, I know, but it bugged me enough that I moved onto another save file, and never looked back. If I can't be short then I'm not playing as me! Haha.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    This is me, but I'm long dead now. OHvDQ7A.png
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    simwolf wrote: »
    I tried it quite recently, painstakingly following my face shape/features using photo references from all angles, using lots of CC to match my skin and freckles (and baggy eyes :D ) and just the right eye colour, but somehow even though it matches the pictures perfectly in proportions etc... I can't see the resemblance and I can't work out why. It's just weird lol

I guess part of it has to do with sims having perfectly symmetrical faces, which is something nobody really has in real life.
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    I did make myself when I first got the sims. And the face and hair and stuff looked pretty similar. But one of my defining personal features it that I'm very short.(4'11) So it actually really bothered me that my sim self was the same height as everyone else. Silly, I know, but it bugged me enough that I moved onto another save file, and never looked back. If I can't be short then I'm not playing as me! Haha.

There's a Sims 4 mod where you can adjust the height. I have it in my game and it's pretty useful.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2018
    I made one the last time the forum was asking about simselves. Never play him. Here he is if you want to look at an old man that serves as the cartoon stand-in for another old man.

Zlm2u5C.jpg
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I've made my Simself, but never played her for more than a few minutes. It got boring real fast for me.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    @kjkjkj123 You are probably right. I have a CC asymmetric face slider which I often use on lips, but that's even harder to make work since 90% of the time you only see your face in the mirror so your own asymmetry always looks odd in photos lol.

This is Maxis me and CC me as best as I have managed so far.
    73ec6e500501eb3ee34699b1e07decb2.jpg
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I made my simself but never played as her. She popped up at a karaoke bar while I was playing with another sim and she just sat at the bar for 2 hours, never ordered anything, and left.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I created a slightly improved version of myself (smaller ears, nicer bust lol) but it freaked me out seeing myself in-game so my simself got culled.
    Gallery ID: babysquare