Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm seeing something a little off on this forum, what is going on (photo)

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I'm seeing this on my screen, what is causing this?

42241139_1115968638553430_5710742594418376704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=d21e99c2ff1cba7a8f8b8f9391617053&oe=5C26F7E2

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    There are some strange things going on with the forums lately. I use the mobile site mostly, and I keep getting blank pages and sometimes the green “the Sims” logo appears as grey text. My best guess is that they are being worked on or something.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    That has been an issue with mines as well. I am also getting signed out a lot as well

@EA_Mage @EA_Cian @EA_Lanna @EA_Leeloo
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I have that intermittently tonight while the page is loading, but it goes away after fully loaded. I'm on my tablet atm, so not sure if it will occur on the desktop.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yep, mine too... and the white blank...I just need to keep on refreshing the page..for both PC & mobile..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Happened to me too. Thought I had some kind of virus or something. Also, the text on random websites will sometimes disappear or turn purple.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've noticed glitchy things here myself. For instance, sometimes when I click on a thread, when it opens the tiny image for my profile at the top of the screen looks like a broken link image. Plus, other times when I click on a new thread, the page won't open and says it can't be reached. But, if I refresh, it opens just fine after that. This is all intermittent though, doesn't happen every time I click on something. I'm on a desktop.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The broken thing in the image is new, but the other problem, the erroneous blank pages, has been happening for over a week.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Same here. I have had to log in every time I visit the forums for the past two days. And I am supposed to always be logged in. I never log out unless my security software is updating. But this has been going on over at Origin also for the past two days. Bugs in the game, bugs in the Gallery, buggy forum, buggy Origin. Sounds like we need an exterminator. :p
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have that intermittently tonight while the page is loading, but it goes away after fully loaded. I'm on my tablet atm, so not sure if it will occur on the desktop.

I'm on a desk top.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for the head's up folks. I can't guarantee a timeline for this but I'll let it be known that this is happening. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I come onto the forums with my iPhone and have had to keep logging in too.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2018
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I come onto the forums with my iPhone and have had to keep logging in too.

Yup, we're aware of weird stuff happening and while I don't know of a timeline for any updates to the situation, it's something we know about. Thanks for chiming in though! :)
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

42241139_1115968638553430_5710742594418376704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=d21e99c2ff1cba7a8f8b8f9391617053&oe=5C26F7E2

That happened to me yesterday. I think it went away when I refreshed the page. Glad it wasn't just me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I only had the messed up text on the screen (seen in your picture) happen when I started to reply to someone but then decided against it and hit the ESC button so it wouldn't save a draft. I'm not on a mobile device but pc. Then I started getting the error, blank pages and messed up text on pages, but it was caused when I decided against replying after trying to quote someone then changing my mind and backing out of it. No other time this week.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Every now and again I get an odd page telling me this site can't load. I hit the refresh page and suddenly I'm on the site.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Happened to me too. Seems like something is off with the coding.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I thought something was wrong with my computer. Thank you for letting me know it is a problem with forum.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Every now and again I get an odd page telling me this site can't load. I hit the refresh page and suddenly I'm on the site.

Exactly This!

At first I thought it was my browser or something...I'm glad it's not just me
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2018
    Double post