Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Not Working

Comments

• Options
    yoikamiyoikami Posts: 12 New Member
    hii, I think you might be familiar with this issue now but I've been trying different script mods, trying them one by one but it makes my screen glitch and chose a season all over again. Any script does that, it's not coming from CC or mods nor do they need an update. I disabled seasons and it's still quite glitchy and crashes when i try placing a household. I have no idea where it's coming from, I did all of this with a fresh reinstalled game and a new save file... Any ideas?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    yoikami wrote: »
    hii, I think you might be familiar with this issue now but I've been trying different script mods, trying them one by one but it makes my screen glitch and chose a season all over again. Any script does that, it's not coming from CC or mods nor do they need an update. I disabled seasons and it's still quite glitchy and crashes when i try placing a household. I have no idea where it's coming from, I did all of this with a fresh reinstalled game and a new save file... Any ideas?

Hello @yoikami
    Are you having the issues when you don’t have any mods/cc in your mods folder?
  • Options
    Yes, Rosemow. I tried a new mods folder and ressource file, moving all my mods and cc away and adding the scripts in mods (I added simteleporter for exemple) and it would always be recognized in the game menu but glitch everything regardless/crash the game. I tried different script mods just in case but it's always the same result.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yes, Rosemow. I tried a new mods folder and ressource file, moving all my mods and cc away and adding the scripts in mods (I added simteleporter for exemple) and it would always be recognized in the game menu but glitch everything regardless/crash the game. I tried different script mods just in case but it's always the same result.

Hello @yoikami
    If you are having the issues without any mods/cc in the mods folder, then it isn’t mods/cc that are causing the issues.

If you are having issues when there are no mods/cc in the mods folder, then try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

• Options
    Hi again. I moved everything on my desktop, started a new save file, until there it was fine. I only moved back Andrew's poseplayer's script and package file after enabling scripts change in the menu, starting the game again and I still run into the same issue, my game asking me to select a weather yet again. I'm not sure I understand where the problem comes from even with a clean folder. I'd love to hear if you have more ideas for me to try fixing this strange issue.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hi again. I moved everything on my desktop, started a new save file, until there it was fine. I only moved back Andrew's poseplayer's script and package file after enabling scripts change in the menu, starting the game again and I still run into the same issue, my game asking me to select a weather yet again. I'm not sure I understand where the problem comes from even with a clean folder. I'd love to hear if you have more ideas for me to try fixing this strange issue.

Hello @yoikami
    Whenever you start a new save game, you are asked to select a new season to start the game in. This is how the game is designed. It will occur each time you begin a new save game. It allows you the choice of choosing which season you would like to begin that save game in
  • Options
    Ah! I know that actually! I did play Seasons a bunch of time. Hang on, I'll rephrase the situation.

Let's say I have my mods folders empty and clean, I start a new game, select my season normally, play through it and save. The next time I play everything will be fine and I can play that save normally (or any of my other saves). However whenever I try adding a scripted mod (any of them I noticed) I pick a save and it asks me to pick a season again. I pick one and then I'm welcomed by a glitched screen. I made a link of the screen to show you what prevents me from playing with scripts (I just can't post it since I'm new to the forum lol) It shows that the household I chose isn't appearing and I have 0 funds, I can't access cas and usign a household from the gallery will close the game. Also I don't get any file explaining why my game crashed...). I tried different save files in case one was corrupted but it will always happen. I know it doesn't come from the scripted mods, they're updated, I've seen some people use them daily lately with no issue. I've been using mods and cc for a year so I know conflicts can happen so I tried everything, even reinstalling the game.

So now all I can do to be able to play is to never use any mods that require a script :(
  • Options
    Ah! I know that actually! I did play Seasons a bunch of time. Hang on, I'll rephrase the situation.

Let's say I have my mods folders empty and clean, I start a new game, select my season normally, play through it and save. The next time I play everything will be fine and I can play that save normally (or any of my other saves). However whenever I try adding a scripted mod (any of them I noticed) I pick a save and it asks me to pick a season again. I pick one and then I'm welcomed by a glitched screen. I made a link of the screen to show you what prevents me from playing with scripts (I just can't post it since I'm new to the forum lol) It shows that the household I chose isn't appearing and I have 0 funds, I can't access cas and usign a household from the gallery will close the game. Also I don't get any file explaining why my game crashed...). I tried different save files in case one was corrupted but it will always happen. I know it doesn't come from the scripted mods, they're updated, I've seen some people use them daily lately with no issue. I've been using mods and cc for a year so I know conflicts can happen so I tried everything, even reinstalling the game.

So now all I can do to be able to play is to never use any mods that require a script :(

Hello @yoikami
    I am not sure if this will help your issue, but try doing this.
    Move your options or options.ini file that is in your Sims 4 folder to the desktop. Load the game and a new options or options.ini file will be generated. Go to game options and tick the “enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Put a script mod in the mods folder and then go back into the game again and see if the issue remains.

• Options
    Hi, I have bad news again unfortunately.
    Generating a new options file and ticking the options won't change anything. I actually tried playing with a household (they all appear invisible) and it crashed right away.
    The last thing I'm going to try is to disable all my add ons and try it with the basegame.
    Thanks a lot for your help nonetheless, I'm clueless about this issue!
  • Options
    Hi, I have bad news again unfortunately.
    Generating a new options file and ticking the options won't change anything. I actually tried playing with a household (they all appear invisible) and it crashed right away.
    The last thing I'm going to try is to disable all my add ons and try it with the basegame.
    Thanks a lot for your help nonetheless, I'm clueless about this issue!

I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
  • Options
    hiii @rosemow

I'm coming back on this thread to update you on the previous issue with scripts! I think you would have never figured it out alone because what was causing the issue apparently is my game being in french version (I'm bilingual). I contacted the creators and developpers of MCCC and they said they reported a few people having scripted mods issue with the french version (maybe some still have with another language?). So if anyone encounter a similar issue I'd suggest either setting your game in english or reinstalling it in english! :)
  • Options
    hiii @rosemow

I'm coming back on this thread to update you on the previous issue with scripts! I think you would have never figured it out alone because what was causing the issue apparently is my game being in french version (I'm bilingual). I contacted the creators and developpers of MCCC and they said they reported a few people having scripted mods issue with the french version (maybe some still have with another language?). So if anyone encounter a similar issue I'd suggest either setting your game in english or reinstalling it in english! :)

Hello @yoikami :) It is good to know what the cause of your issues were. It will help other simmers who are having the same issues due to you using the French version of MCCC.
  • Options
    mmoss23262mmoss23262 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @aafason said:
    > That's the thing, I took all my mods out and added one script mod that I KNEW worked. And it didn't work. But when I made a new The Sims 4 folder, it worked. Up until I started adding CC. But I tried it, and it still failed.

i have done everything this blog has told me to do, but it still doesnt work.!!!! plz help me
  • Options
    ugh i am sad now
  • Options
    > @mmoss23262 said:
    > ugh i am sad now

not everything can be successful. try, try and try again
  • Options
    mmoss23262 wrote: »
    > @mmoss23262 said:
    > ugh i am sad now

not everything can be successful. try, try and try again

Hello @mmoss23262
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Just put one of them at a time to test if they work. Put one mod in, test it, then take it out. Then test another one,
    Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder
  • Options
    gamwtostaniogamwtostanio Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Ariadnel said:
    > Hi I'm so sorry I took so long to answer, I didn't get a notification that I got one. So yeah, I posted the full details of my problem on another thread in this forum, and here are the details of my problem, but first, know this :
    >
    > + All my mods are up to date
    > + My Sims 4 game is up to date (1.45.62.1020)
    > + The problem is encountered with any script mod (MCC, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Basemental Drugs...)
    > + The issue with code 3 error seems to have disappeared since last time but I don't know why/how
    >
    > Description of the issue step by step :
    >
    > - On lauching the game, everything seems normal. I begin a new save with a new household, my wicked accessories appears etc so the script is recognized.
    > - When I hit the check mark to proceed, I have to chose a season.
    > - When I chose a season, I have to chose a parcel to make my sim live. The family funds are 0$ so it can't move anywhere, and the picture on the down left is gone/greyed (a blue/grey square)
    > - On clicking on any parcel, I'm back to chose a season or to the CAS to make a new family... It loops
    >
    > I tried this :
    >
    > - Mods desactivated : create a family and place it somewhere. Everyting ok this far.
    > - I save, activate the mods, restart the game
    > - Mods activated : I want to chose my family precedently created, but I'm back to chose a season/to make a sim in the CAS
    >
    > The things I tried with the game, the mods and EA folder themselves :
    >
    > - Restart the game
    > - Restart the computer
    > - Clear game cache in ProgramsData
    > - Repair game in Origin
    > - Check all mods are up to date
    > - Test mods 1 by 1, with and without the "Script Mods Activated" option
    > - Test the game without mods (everything works fine)
    > - Uninstall game, reinstall it
    > - Rename my Electronic Arts folder with "-old" so the game can create a fresh folder
    > - Test listed options above in this fresh folder
    >
    > Also I has OneDrive installed at first, I uninstalled it and retried everything listed above.
    >
    > I run on Windows 10, my graphic card and all my drivers are up to date, for what it's worth...
    >
    > If someone has ANY idea how to fix this, I'd be sooo grateful !!!
    >
    > Thank you very much
    >
    >

hey i have the exact problem and followed the exact steps.. still can't find a way to fix it. Did you fix it? and if you did would you tell me how please?
  • Options
    Hello @gamwtostanio
    Welcome to the forums.
    With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @gamwtostanio
    > Welcome to the forums.
    > With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.

hey there, i had this problem after the seasons update and it actually also comes with a cloud llama icon and a zero budget.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @gamwtostanio
    > Welcome to the forums.
    > With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.

hey there, i had this problem after the seasons update and it actually also comes with a cloud llama icon and a zero budget.

The new game patch may help to fix the issues that you have had after the Seasons update @gamwtostanio . It may help to test and see if the patch helps your issues
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > gamwtostanio wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello @gamwtostanio
    > > Welcome to the forums.
    > > With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.
    >
    > hey there, i had this problem after the seasons update and it actually also comes with a cloud llama icon and a zero budget.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The new game patch may help to fix the issues that you have had after the Seasons update @gamwtostanio . It may help to test and see if the patch helps your issues

my game is updated with 1.46 version
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello @gamwtostanio
    > > Welcome to the forums.
    > > With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.
    >
    > hey there, i had this problem after the seasons update and it actually also comes with a cloud llama icon and a zero budget.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The new game patch may help to fix the issues that you have had after the Seasons update @gamwtostanio . It may help to test and see if the patch helps your issues

my game is updated with 1.46 version

The new game patch will be released in about 22 hours time. It will be released at 10am PT Tuesday 13th November.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > gamwtostanio wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > Hello @gamwtostanio
    > > > Welcome to the forums.
    > > > With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.
    > >
    > > hey there, i had this problem after the seasons update and it actually also comes with a cloud llama icon and a zero budget.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The new game patch may help to fix the issues that you have had after the Seasons update @gamwtostanio . It may help to test and see if the patch helps your issues
    >
    > my game is updated with 1.46 version
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The new game patch will be released in about 22 hours time. It will be released at 10am PT Tuesday 13th November.

oh! ok thank you. i'll keep you posted about the results :smile:
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > gamwtostanio wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > Hello @gamwtostanio
    > > > Welcome to the forums.
    > > > With the release of the game patch update on Tuesday, and the upgrade of python, many mods will be broken. It may help to wait until after the release of the patch and mods are updated, then install updated versions of the mods that you use, and test to see if your issues continuewith the updated mods.
    > >
    > > hey there, i had this problem after the seasons update and it actually also comes with a cloud llama icon and a zero budget.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The new game patch may help to fix the issues that you have had after the Seasons update @gamwtostanio . It may help to test and see if the patch helps your issues
    >
    > my game is updated with 1.46 version
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The new game patch will be released in about 22 hours time. It will be released at 10am PT Tuesday 13th November.

oh! ok thank you. i'll keep you posted about the results :smile:

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    NetteBooNetteBoo Posts: 3 New Member
    Well with this 13 November 18 update my Custom Content and Script MODs have completely disappeared from the game. Please help, any advice would help. Is anyone else having this problem.