Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to it. I can see by past projects, the competition is fierce.
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I've gone over the pics here again, really enjoyed the way everyone came up with different interpretations of the same floor plan; everyone here is so creative! Looking forward to the next one!
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Soooo, have we lost our fearless leader?
  • brittwillbrittwill Posts: 18 Member
    Is this still an active challenge? I've been wanting to join in on the fun, but have held off building the modern floor plan as it was uploaded a few weeks ago and I am waiting for a new floor plan!
  • Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    @brittwill I think with patience we will see if our host has any more ideas. As we know, she is a Mom, and that is the ultimate time suck in life! Maybe just do a past challenge anyway? As far as I know these were just for fun anyway ^_^

@Strongbumblebee if it's ok with you I can see if I can find a good floor plan for the next challenge?
    Thanks @Sbodine89 that's what I was thinking! I know life can get a little crazy sometimes! I might start on the last floor plan tonight in the meantime :)
    I hope it's ok but I really wanted to do another floorplan build. So here is a floor plan.

Ground floor
    jAajHSo.gif
    Second floor
    4ygKfRL.gif

The clients want a cozy cottage style home, They are a Newlywed couple with a baby on the way and would like a nursery set up gender neutral, as they want the sex of their baby to be a surprise!

Don't forget the landscaping and have fun! There is no due date for this challenge because it is just for fun :smiley: I can't wait to see what you all do with this challenge!
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Thanks @Sbodine89 , this looks like a good one! I hope all is well with strongbumblebee but it the meantime, this one will do a great job of holding us over!
    Ooh cottage style will be fun! I've built the modern one, can't wait to build this too. Hopefully in a few days I will be able to post links so I can share with you all (still a new member, sorry!)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Looks like a cool idea @Sbodine89 I want to give it a try...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    I've been having so much fun using this blueprint! I can't wait to post the finished product :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited September 2018
    I will look forward to seeing your build! @HEW310 :)
    Congratulations on becoming a full member! @brittwill :)
    I hope that you will enjoy doing the challenge if you decide to do it! @xamira99 and @Kelleygirl :)
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    I'm glad you said no deadline. I was hoping to get some building in this weekend, but so far, I've only had time to get on long enough to go through my news feed. It might have to wait till next weekend before I can really work on it.
    Hello,

This is my build for the latest challenge.

House Name: The Blue Wall House
    Total Cost Furnished: $197,453
    Lot Size:30x30
    Origin ID: xamira99
    Gallery name of Lot: The Blue Wall House
    Link to CC included: No CC, but MOO.
    Photos:
    6cjCv0b.png
    rqj0S3Y.png
    jNDGbPL.png

For more pictures, please click here
    Blue Wall house is a very nice family home! @xamira99 :) The exterior design of the home and the design of the roofing looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks a very nice homely home. I have posted about your home on your showcase thread.
    Thank you again @rosemow You're so supportive and very kind.. Thanks again :)
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    @xamira99 Your house looks amazing! It's always so cool to see how different two houses can be even with the same blueprint! Excellent work :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Love the home you built @xamira99!! I might have to try that floorplan out myself... Thanks for posting it @Sbodine89 :heart:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Aweseom. @xamira99
    image.png
    edited September 2018
    Thank you so much @HEW310 , @FaithofKaela & @TresaofPern :) Glad that you like it..
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    Thanks @Sbodine89 , this looks like a good one! I hope all is well with strongbumblebee but it the meantime, this one will do a great job of holding us over!
    I do hope @strongbumblebee is ok. And I can't wait to see what you come up with
    brittwill wrote: »
    Ooh cottage style will be fun! I've built the modern one, can't wait to build this too. Hopefully in a few days I will be able to post links so I can share with you all (still a new member, sorry!)
    I look forward to seeing your designs! If you want to post your submissions, just post them with links anyway, they wont work but I can repost it and then the pictures will show up!
    HEW310 wrote: »
    I've been having so much fun using this blueprint! I can't wait to post the finished product :)
    I know me too! I have mine all finished, I just have to go through and take pictures now.
    HEW310 wrote: »
    @xamira99 Your house looks amazing! It's always so cool to see how different two houses can be even with the same blueprint! Excellent work :)
    I know what you mean, I love seeing all the different interpretations of the same floorplans!
    chluke75 wrote: »
    I'm glad you said no deadline. I was hoping to get some building in this weekend, but so far, I've only had time to get on long enough to go through my news feed. It might have to wait till next weekend before I can really work on it.
    That's why I love challenges with no deadlines! :smile: sometimes we just don't have the time in our real lives to get a build done(the way we want it to be, at least) by a deadline. I'm glad you are planning to join in!

@xamira99 Wow! I absolutely love the outside design of your home! And the inside is decorated so masterfully! I love your color schemes and the way you added a laundry room and a cat room! very well done <3

@FaithofKaela No problem! I love these challenges! <3

Thank you so much @Sbodine89 :) Thank you for sharing the floor plan too!
    edited September 2018
    I Finally got around to taking pictures of my build for this floorplan :smiley:

House Name: The Cozy Cottage
    Total Cost Furnished: 95,752
    Lot Size:20x20
    Origin ID: Sbodine1989
    Gallery name of Lot: The Cozy Cottage
    Link to CC included: No CC, but I did use MOO.
    The Cozy Cottage
    cfg9SE0.png
    front/side night
    wjKsnBf.png
    driveway/garage
    ktjsUhr.png
    barbecue area
    bpZrGvh.png
    kitchen
    q0YbL2m.png
    nook
    TIN7LHT.png
    living room
    PPUkFs5.png
    garage
    3kHXk38.png
    MwDyegS.png
    stairway
    UNxJh3q.png
    office/library
    Fu6cnSG.png
    writer's office
    6OJb4Xp.png
    NqkB1g8.png
    nursury
    lwKfIqZ.png
    4nYclLT.png
    master bedroom
    RoRGi3K.png
    The exterior design of Cozy Cottage is very nice! @Sbodine89 :) The roofing design looks great! The red colour of the roofing and the wooden siding of the walls gives a very nice look to the home. The hedging plants look very nice bordering the lot. It is great that there is a double garage. The storage items in the garage reflect a real life garage very well! Very nice outdoors dining area for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the table in the outdoors air. The lantern light is pretty there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the open plan kitchen, dining and living areas looks very nice. Very nice calming colour scheme that has been used. The windows sofa seat sitting nook is great! Sims will enjoy resting there with sunshine coming in onto them. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting area for Sims to relax there and watch tv or read a book, near the staircase. The hearts wall decor is nice for Sims to see when going up and down the stairs. Very nice office and library areas in the upper level! The windows sitting nook is very nice! It looks great how the bookcases have been placed there on the sides of the nook. Sims will enjoy reading there in the sunshine. Very nice design of the office desk area. The books are a great touch on the floor areas near the desk. Sims will enjoy sitting in the leather study desk using the computer. The yellow flowers are a sunny touch for Sims to look at. Very nice furnishing of the nursery and master bedroom! The teddy, animal patterned floor rug and animal pictures on the wall are cute in the nursery! The yellow and green colour of the master bedroom looks very nice.
    It is a very nice Cottage home ! :)