Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Showcase* Made by Minke - Malwyn Manor p5

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    I do not think sims can walk under stilted foundation. That might be your problem. I see that you have managed to fit in a laundry room. Do you still have the stair issue? Is this stair from the mill set? Have you tried placing other type of stairs? Can't think of why this might be happening!
  • minkieBminkieB Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi girls! Thanks for the tips and feedback, I was able to fix up my small laundry so the walls aren't glitching. The stairs however I was unable to get that working correctly and after half a week I'm giving up.

For anyone wanting to use the house I suggest cancelling the paper delivery and you have no issues ;) I wanted to share the build regardless as I did spend enough time on it that I didn't want to go to waste.

You can find it on the exchange for download. As always, no CC.

A nice beachy home for 1 or 2 sims with an open living, dining and kitchen area on the first floor as well as a separate toilet. A work space, the bedroom and bathroom can be found on the second floor. A nicely landscaped garden including a pool to finish the lot.

Some pictures to show you around.

8782273_orig.png

8581500_orig.jpg

7315959_orig.jpg

5554936_orig.jpg

7016857_orig.jpg

6004245_orig.jpg

4812407_orig.jpg

5401083_orig.jpg

8093132_orig.jpg

777655_orig.jpg

7648092_orig.jpg

6362653_orig.jpg

3021236_orig.jpg

I had fun building it and I hope you like it.

Minke

Post edited by minkieB on
    1395019323.jpg
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fantastic work on your beach house! I really like the color palette you used in the interiors and using the dining table under the sink in the bathroom is very clever. Rec'd :mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2014
    Peachy Beach is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! Nice shade of colour that you have used for the exterior. The front balcony looks great. Sims will enjoy sitting out on the seat there, enjoying watching sims passing by. Very nice balcony railing that you have used. The hanging blue string lights look very pretty and suit the beach theme. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed beach scene photos that your sim has taken on the walls through the home! Nice calm beachy shade of blue that you have used for the walls through the home. The kitchen is nice. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bakery oven there. It looks nice how you have used tiling for the side wall. Nice side wall eating nook area for sims to enjoy dining at the table there. The daffodil on the table is nice for sims to see when eating there. The ship steering wheel is a great nautical touch on the wall. Very nice living room area. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas there, chatting and watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. The type of and colour of the curtains that you have used there look nice. Nice patterned floor mat that you have placed there. Sims will enjoy using the computer at the window study nook area, with the sunlight coming in onto them through the windows. The books decor look great at the base of the table. . It looks great how you have placed the fireplace in the corner nook area. The upright standing floor lights that you have used on the living room look nice and suit the home very well! Nice upper floor landing area. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there, whilst looking out at the sea views through the windows. The framed pictures on the wall add a nice look and feel to the area. Very nice bedroom. It looks nice how you have done the windows.Sims will enjoy waking up to the sunlight coming in through the bedhead windows. Great sitting area for sims to enjoy relaxing on the lounger. It looks very nice how you have done the sink area in the bathroom! Very nice back balcony area! Sims will enjoy resting in the hanging chair, enjoying the outdoors air or do some stargazing using the telescope. Great pool for sims to enjoy swimming in. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers under the shade of the umbrella. The under the home laundry looks great! Sims will like hanging their washing out to dry in the air.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    Such an adorable beach house! :D:D I love the way you have decorated! So cosy and so welcoming! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

This is inspiring me to continue and build more houses. I have a big one coming up! Currently doing the inside furnishing and it's ready to upload, finally!

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    It is absolutely adorable! Wonderful MOO and CASting you have going on in the build! Rec'd! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi minkie, have we not met before? If not, hi! I love your showcase thread, very lovely creations ^_^ This last house is beauitful, lovely how it's all on stilts, but with room underneath! Love that idea :D Rec'd! ~YJ~
    edited July 2014
    Thank you ladies for the rec's, I really really appreciate that! So good to see people actually like something I've created.

I know I'm not a seasoned builder yet and still figuring out my style, strengths and weaknesses. Thank you for the comments, feedback and rec's that is what keeps me going in developing myself.

And YellowJane, nice to meet you to! Thanks everyone for stopping by, this is a great community to be part of.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love your beach house!! So bright and beautiful :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited July 2014
    Thanks so much GreenCats!

I'm finishing the interior and then I'm ready for pictures and will upload another build. A victorian, my very first! Hope to be back soon!

Happy Simming!

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited January 2016
    Hello everyone,

I'm alive!

After more then a year it's time to get back to the Sims! Past year and a half I've been busy with new responsibilities at work, I found my own place and moved in. I also started a new bsc at uni (I seem to collect them!).

I really wanted to adjust my previous posts as the language filter has changed some house descriptions. Also 80% of the picture urls are messed up unfortunately. But, the forum still considers me a newbie and as I'm not a member I can't make any adjustments as they're links.

I work for a gaming company myself and often have to explain people how forum rankings work, but being on the receiving end this time? Not much fun ;)

I'll see if I can figure out the new forum and get my rank higher.

I've saved all of the builds I was working on 1,5 year ago and will finish them or demolish them completely. For now, I'm sticking with the sims3. I was already gone when the sims4 came out and I played it once. I own the base game only (so far, this will change knowing my addiction to the sims franchise).

Anyways, enough ranting because I'm sure no one actually remembers me any more but still wanted to say hi and get back in with the lovely people here :)

Happy Simming!

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited January 2016
    Hello :)
    It is great that you are back simming again! I posted on the other thread to you but just wanted to say " hello" and " welcome back" again here too. I will look forward to seeing your new builds! You are now a member so will be able to post pictures and links.
    Happy simming! :)
    edited January 2016
    Thanks rosemow you're always so helpful!

I've started a new build which is meant for a fairy. I even attempted in making my own fairy sim to go with it. I'm not that great in making sims, this is my 3d sim ever. I just have a tester sim and build houses. But, what can go wrong in create a sim right? There's not a whole lot of things one can mess up, at least I tried not to.

Some sneaky pictures of the house I'm working on.

4064432.jpg

5155980.jpg

8832170.jpg

I'll continue to work on this to do landscaping and start the interior. Also, I'm doubting roof colours. There's a nice sandy beige/brown that goes with it too but I'm afraid it will kind of wash out.

Here's my fairy, the fairest fairy of them all!

9220975_orig.png

She's a young adult, female, light skin type, lanky build and normal weight.
    She's charismatic, good, neat and nurturing and a hopeless romantic.
    You can download her on the exchange.

7865151.jpg

7682984.jpg

2894594.jpg

1615026.jpg

5545528.jpg

4321698.jpg

5524465.jpg

2656120.jpg

Cheers,
    Minke
    1395019323.jpg
  • AellaniiAellanii Posts: 88 Member
    Your fairy house is looking very cute! Can't wait to see how it turns out. c:
    Tinker Bell is very pretty! :) Her wings are very nice! Her floral hair piece for her every day and formalwear looks pretty.
    Your WIP home is looking very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks very great! Very nice greenery covered trellis front entrance area. The pond is looking very nice.
    I will look forward to seeing updates of your build :)
    Thanks ladies for the support as always! It's much appreciated. :smile:

I've been working on some landscaping and I started with the kitchen and dining area. It's giving me quite some grief because the idea I have in mind so far isn't working for my sim. She can't use the dining table and chairs, only the bar stools. The 'couch' in the breakfast nook won't work and I anticipated that but I do want the table and 3 regular chairs to work like normal.

Garden isn't finished yet btw and so is the back patio, so no worries. I just work at random and on what I'm in the mood for at the time.
    A few pictures to show you how things are going.

2140357_orig.jpg
    9184352_orig.jpg
    3281164_orig.jpg
    5865795_orig.jpg
    5975562_orig.jpg
    7054570_orig.jpg
    7807973_orig.jpg
    6319547_orig.jpg

As always I'm still doubting colours and patterns, it's tedious and I always feel it's not quite 'there' but sticking with it anyways ^^

Cheers,
    Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    Your WIP is looking so very nice! :) The flowers through the outdoors looks very pretty! The wishing well looks nice in the midst of the flowers. The lilypads and water fountain in the pond llok nice. Very nice seat bench sitting area near the pond for sims to enjoy resting there in the sunshine. The type of fencing used in the build looks very nice. The design and furnishing of the kitchen and dining area is very nice! Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals in the kitchen. The utensils , lemonade jug, cookbooks, hanging pans and knives are nice touches on the counters, wall and shelf. The sofa and dining table breakfast nook area is very nice! Sims will enjoy dining there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The orange coloured curtains look pretty. Very nice patio area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hanging chairs,
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Welcome back @minkieB ! I have never seen your work before and going through the thread I am amazed at your humility. Your work is beautiful. I've been particularly admiring your landscaping and interior décor. Looking forward to seeing your new builds. Your current WIP is totally adorable :D
    Thank you @rosemow and @soocoolsim for stopping by! It's so nice to read your comments, they make my day and feel very welcoming to the community :smile: I'll be finishing this build this week and then it's back to my Victorian styled build.

I still have it in my save files but after being away for a year I wanted something 'easy' to get back into building. Can you imagine how often I had to google for certain build and buy cheats? I'm so, out of things!

Tonight I'll try to get the breakfast nook to work, it's been bugging me for 2 days now.

Cheers,
    Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    Everyone still alive? Took a while off but am now getting back to it. I was able to get all my saves back into my game so I have a few projects that I worked on years ago. I want to finish them as I still enjoy them looking back at it.

Going to be a fun weekend full of building for me :)

Glad to be back!

Cheers,
    Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    Hello :) It is great that you are back simming again! I hope that you will enjoy working on your builds. I will look forward to seeing them :) Happy simming!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'm late to the party, but welcome back again and I do hope you find time to sim (or at least build in sims). Your sense of style and proportions and interesting roof lines are great! I love your homes shapes and your color schemes! The interior decorating is simple enough for my minimalist taste yet artistic enough to appeal to the artist in me. I love your variety that retains the cohesiveness and overall unity I want in a home. Keep doing what you're doing. You are awesome.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Are your builds still cc free? It is getting hard to find vanilla stuff.
    Thanks @rosemow and @ciane it's good to be back! Currently trying my hand on a bakery but I've never build anything besides residential lots. This needs some research on how to get it to work properly. Or rather, how I want it ;)
    1395019323.jpg