Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    At least it'll make for an interesting conversation piece.

What happened to your wrist?

Badgers.

Yep. Badgers. You should have seen his injuries. I bit him back. He'll think twice before attacking me again.

I guess we know who the ferocious one is

tenor.gif?itemid=3442340
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Happy Birthday Lo, sorry I'm a bit late!! :D
  • Options
    It's all good. I'm probably late on everyone else's birthday. I barely remember when my kids' bdays are. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    My birthday presents (not including some books I got, too)... <3

43024645220_78116353c5_h.jpg
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Happy belated birthday Lo!

Nice pressies! :) Hope you had a brilliant day
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    GOLD%2B1.jpg

Ooo, gold!
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Ooooh.... :smiley:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Fancy :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I've had this idea for a show incubating in my mind for some months now, but I still haven't fleshed and ironed out all the details. The concept is called Thirteen Ghosts, and the premise is that you're a bunch of hunters staying in a mansion for 13 weeks, and your goal is to exorcise all the ghosts, including the final and most powerful 13th one. Obviously, it'll be horror-themed, but since it's just a fictional game show it's not completely scary.

In terms of mechanics, I don't plan to include eliminations, but I'll accept maybe 8 players at most. It'll be cooperative (since you're working together to banish the baddies), with some competitive elements in play. Players will be competing in mini challenges to gain points and tools to help them with their hunting. Points determine your overall placing in the game, as well as your share percentage of the prize. But you'll only win money if you manage to banish all 13 ghosts. Each ghost banished gives keys to help unlock the arena to the final ghost. Maybe a tool to help too. I'll see.

During the exorcism challenges, I want to go with an escape room/Legends of the Hidden Temple temple run vibe, where each player has a limited number of actions (to represent a time limit) to defeat the ghost, and they can try to use the items they've won in the mini challenges to help. I'll allow maybe 20 total attempts for the first 12 ghosts, and the players can choose to challenge any ghost at any point in the game, as long as they meet the requirements for that ghost. The mini challenges take place at set points.

There's still the issue with balancing the games, which takes a lot of thought. Plus tons of preparation regarding the sets. I might try this concept out when there are fewer shows active, and if enough people are interested.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    I've had this idea for a show incubating in my mind for some months now, but I still haven't fleshed and ironed out all the details. The concept is called Thirteen Ghosts, and the premise is that you're a bunch of hunters staying in a mansion for 13 weeks, and your goal is to exorcise all the ghosts, including the final and most powerful 13th one. Obviously, it'll be horror-themed, but since it's just a fictional game show it's not completely scary.

In terms of mechanics, I don't plan to include eliminations, but I'll accept maybe 8 players at most. It'll be cooperative (since you're working together to banish the baddies), with some competitive elements in play. Players will be competing in mini challenges to gain points and tools to help them with their hunting. Points determine your overall placing in the game, as well as your share percentage of the prize. But you'll only win money if you manage to banish all 13 ghosts. Each ghost banished gives keys to help unlock the arena to the final ghost. Maybe a tool to help too. I'll see.

During the exorcism challenges, I want to go with an escape room/Legends of the Hidden Temple temple run vibe, where each player has a limited number of actions (to represent a time limit) to defeat the ghost, and they can try to use the items they've won in the mini challenges to help. I'll allow maybe 20 total attempts for the first 12 ghosts, and the players can choose to challenge any ghost at any point in the game, as long as they meet the requirements for that ghost. The mini challenges take place at set points.

There's still the issue with balancing the games, which takes a lot of thought. Plus tons of preparation regarding the sets. I might try this concept out when there are fewer shows active, and if enough people are interested.

I love to participate in that show.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I'll see if I can come up with enough material for it. Designing puzzles is hard :D

• Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Ice, I'd love to join that. Sounds really awesome and I'm a big fan of horror and paranormal stuff. :)
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member

Hmm, so kinda like we're racing eachother to gather the most points but the ultimate goal is to defeat ghost number 13 by teamwork? I'm not a horror fan myself but the "it's not completely scary" part might be soothing. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Maybe three of the ghosts could include Nocturne, Pacco, and Louis.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Maybe three of the ghosts could include Nocturne, Pacco, and Louis.

Pacco reincarnated as Maya's cat already. Maybe Margaret Tick? She'd be more threatening than those three combined.
    Banner.png
  • Options

Hmm, so kinda like we're racing eachother to gather the most points but the ultimate goal is to defeat ghost number 13 by teamwork? I'm not a horror fan myself but the "it's not completely scary" part might be soothing. :)

Yeah, you're hoping to do well in the mini-games to earn the most points, but you also need to work together to banish the ghosts.

And it's more spooky-themed rather than horror, actually. Like Halloween

• Options
    Also, RIP Pacco :'(

• Options
    http://www.fantasizr.com/joinleaguelink?league=4588464717692928&key=f23025b09b4Cf16cdE207fea611a97

I feel like we can have another Survivor draft but we can use this site to do the draft.

I know that there are a couple of days until the premiere but if three other people decided to join the draft before the premiere, then we can get started.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I just watched the premiere of Survivor: David vs. Goliath, and that was some very sad stuff.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I'm struggling to watch Survivor lately, It's getting increasingly harder to watch it over here, CBS keeps blocking it.

I'm always a week behind with it. :s

Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    Hey, everyone. I got a code for something, and it turns out to be University Life, which I already have. I decided to give it away in a raffle, so if you're interested, please tell me. I'll randomize the winner later on. :)

• Options
    Hi guys, I've come with a great announcement.

ABNORMALITY IS BACK, AND APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!!!!

Please follow the link to the thread :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948813/abnormality-season-4-applications-are-now-open/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Two Houses is back (finally!) with the full Week 2 episode! Check it out!

I hope the wait was worth it! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just watched the premiere of the second season of Kroongetuige (Crown Witness). :smiley: It's off for a good start already. :)

The format of the show's pretty interesting. It combines the concept of 'group plays challenges, 1 is saboteur' with a murder mystery the contestants have to solve. Every challenge is an investigation where the group has to uncover details of the case while also trying to figure out whom among them is the Crown Witness (the saboteur).

Feel free to ask more about the format if you're interested. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Just watched the premiere of the second season of Kroongetuige (Crown Witness). :smiley: It's off for a good start already. :)

The format of the show's pretty interesting. It combines the concept of 'group plays challenges, 1 is saboteur' with a murder mystery the contestants have to solve. Every challenge is an investigation where the group has to uncover details of the case while also trying to figure out whom among them is the Crown Witness (the saboteur).

Feel free to ask more about the format if you're interested. :)

Sounds like Whodunnit but better XD
    Do people get eliminated?