Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flower Arranging: Scenting the Arrangements

2...Next

Comments

• SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    UPDATE: It wears off eventually! But that was sort of exciting, I'm definitely gonna use that to mess with people going forward. <3
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @LaBlue0314 - what a delightfully wicked idea! Has anyone given a death-flower scented bouquet to Grim? I'm still waiting for the deathflowers in my game to bloom so my sim can harvest 'em. I used the buildcode cheat to get some quick, but the cheated-in deathflowers in my sim's inventory weren't available in the scenting-menu, unfortunately. The 'sheltered' deathflower plants would. not. grow. until winter--don't know why; I planted some inside my sim's home and put some fullgrown ones from the gallery inside a public venue, and all of 'em stayed as piles of dirt until winter. So I can't try giving Grim a death-flower scented bouquet until my plants bloom & I can harvest 'em! :confounded:
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I just started doing flower arranging on a sim and so disappointed that all the flowers are just given to me. They should have us picking or growing the flowers to arrange them. Make the sims world connect with the skills. When everything is just magically there, it starts to feel like a kid game and lacks depth of play.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they're treated like most of the foods you can cook. you don't need the ingredients (with a handful of exceptions), but having them will make the dishes/arrangements cost less to make

on the one hand, i agree with you. but, on the other, i know some are having difficulty getting certain flowers (orchids and others from splicing or just begonias not wanting to come from seed packets) so know they'd be driven even more crazy if they couldn't make the arrangements that use those flowers
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Has anyone made an arrangement scented with an orchid and had successful results with the "inhale life essence"? It doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried having two sims try to inhale (separately), but nothing happens. Gonna try to gift one next (the arrangement wilted, so have to make another).

On the flip side, the death flower arrangement works quite well. Quite effective. >;D
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    all 'inhale life essence' seems to do is either take a few days off a sim's current age or reset them back to the beginning of their current age category. i play with aging off, so it hasn't been anything big for me, and not the easiest to test that way, either. (and i'm silly and won't turn aging on just to test it further)
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    all 'inhale life essence' seems to do is either take a few days off a sim's current age or reset them back to the beginning of their current age category. i play with aging off, so it hasn't been anything big for me, and not the easiest to test that way, either. (and i'm silly and won't turn aging on just to test it further)

Not silly. I have saves w/o aging as well. I'm doing a bad attempt at a legacy challenge, so that's why my aging is on. Yes, I've read that's what it's supposed to do, but it didn't seem to be doing so and was wondering if it was glitching. :)
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • SpirithartSpirithart Posts: 20 Member
    cant wait until my sim is better at flower arrangement right now they are poor quality
  • PaoladlDmonioPaoladlDmonio Posts: 1 New Member
    An old vampire won't die with the scent of death :'(
  • DanielleB12DanielleB12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am level 9 of flower arranging, I have the crocus flower in my inventory AND in the inventory of the flower arranging table but I still don't see the option to scent my flower arrangements with crocus scent. What am I missing/doing wrong?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I am level 9 of flower arranging, I have the crocus flower in my inventory AND in the inventory of the flower arranging table but I still don't see the option to scent my flower arrangements with crocus scent. What am I missing/doing wrong?
    I believe you have to have a bouquet on the flower arranging table that’s of Excellent quality or better. Then you will get an option to scent it.