Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER EXPANSION PACK this year!

Comments

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I really want witches but since that supernatural poll in Twitter was not too long ago I'm guessing they didn't finish or make it yet?
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I really want witches but since that supernatural poll in Twitter was not too long ago I'm guessing they didn't finish or make it yet?

My words, basically. But in the occult thread, everyone keeps telling me that Witches MUST come this year, and it is illogical to assume anything else when I feel its actually vice versa, even though Witches is like the one thing I am waiting for.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Expansion packs take at least a year to make. The idea we're getting one already is just ludicrious.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Expansion packs take at least a year to make. The idea we're getting one already is just ludicrious.

If they started last year we could be getting one again this year.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Gurus have stated several times that many packs are in various stages of development. They don’t start a new EP when one is released. For the simple reason that they take a long time to create, they work on many packs at a time.
    Many packs, yes. THat's because they have a SP team, a GP team and an EP team.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I don't see any SPs or GPs being released, so..............
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Do you think the future release that the studio is so busy on working right now is a SECOND EXPANSION PACK IN 2018?

And what do you think the new "fun free stuff" will be?

Where does it say anything about a second expansion pack?

Something is likely to be released before the end of the year, and a game pack or stuff pack is more likely than an EP

12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Modsey wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a witch themed gamepack or a university EP (tbh I'll be happy with just about anything)
    No witches Grant said.

Where did he say that?
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

My words, basically. But in the occult thread, everyone keeps telling me that Witches MUST come this year, and it is illogical to assume anything else when I feel its actually vice versa, even though Witches is like the one thing I am waiting for.

If there's a GP before the end of the year, I reckon witches would be the most likely theme for it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I don't see any SPs or GPs being released, so..............

So that's because they're about to be released. I expect a Gamepack, although I have zero idea of what's coming and besides some Gamechangers throwing around random guesses based on vague replies like "We're working on it" and "It's not impossible"... I don't think they know either.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So you're ignoring the fact that we just got Cats and Dogs and Seasons the 2 hardest longest to make expansions only 6 months apart (not a year) which means they were part of the many packs being made at once. The next expansion could easily been in development while creating Seasons with a push from the stuff pack team to finish it even sooner.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

No, they explained that they work on multiple packs (of the same type,) at a time. For example, when Seasons was released, the next EP might have been halfway done. With a third EP in the pre-development stage.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Well i wish we would get expansion! But i think it's game pack what they release this year.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Loanet wrote: »

Are you trying to say Get Together and Seasons were made in 6 months?
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Not in the slightest. But there were always Game Packs between them.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2018

Not in the slightest. But there were always Game Packs between them.

They did say they shifted things up and now focus on more bigger packs after Seasons released.

And we can already see that. If they would've kept their previous pattern we would have had 2 Stuff Packs by now after Seasons released.
    a256aFi.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Do you think the future release that the studio is so busy on working right now is a SECOND EXPANSION PACK IN 2018?

And what do you think the new "fun free stuff" will be?

not been that impressed with the free stuff to be honest, no idea.

for a paid pack,
    it could be a game pack or stuff pack to.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm expecting the Education/University pack will be the next EP, so, later on, they could focus on something new, different, & unique EP, GP or SP within their 3 year plan...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    I really want Patchy to be like Jekyll and Hyde and become evil for Halloween. Have some spirit powers that ruin gardens or summons pumpkins that appear an disappear making faces or something lol
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I want the old classics, but I also want something new, something engaging that will make me want to play nonstop, and something I can’t play a sims game without, much like seasons.

That’s not too much to ask, right? :lol:

I want a new concept next. I need a pack like Get Together, Into The Future etc.

Not those themes obviously, but just something new for the franchise.

We’ve had 3 EPs back to back now of content that is literally inspired by previous games.

I'd like to see inspiration from the early days of The Sims, something like Superstar or Makin' Magic.

https://youtu.be/yuDrYHUnawo

https://youtu.be/fIwXl5JXuII

Makin' Magic would especially be awesome with updated graphics.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Here's hoping for a witch themed gamepack or a university EP (tbh I'll be happy with just about anything)
    No witches Grant said.

I'm really curious as to when Grant said this. Considering this is a "future content" type of question, he wouldn't be able to confirm or deny witches.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    No witches Grant said.

I'm really curious as to when Grant said this. Considering this is a "future content" type of question, he wouldn't be able to confirm or deny witches.

He said something like witches,and university are not plan,but are possible.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I don't think an expansion is next.I do think a second expansion is likely.The fact they some of the stuff pack team. Move to the Expansipn team,and the fact a new sims game being developed .It's won't surprise me that sims 4 will be ending in a few years.So now their trying to realised more meaty packs
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Yaaas i hope another expansion !
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2018
    No witches Grant said.

He didn't say no witches. He was saying 'Nope' when asked to confirm them. His answer has been misinterpreted by a few.