Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What career would you like to see return?

Comments

• vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Education
    I really want architect back :/
    2UFyFUV.png

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have a hard time choosing, but I know that Id love the showbiz one, and wish there were some way that our sims could run a vendor food stall too!
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Education
    It's so hard to pick just one! I went with education because it's what I do, I think it is sorely missing in the game, and it would fit in nicely with my most expected pack by now. Still, I'd love to see lawyers and acting! Military would be great for some of my stories. And all the other ones could still be quite nice once in a while.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Education
    Another vote for education here, mainly because it reminds me of the Kat woman from the original The Sims, I remember she was in the Education career. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Education
    Hard to pick just one! But, for me, education would be my first pick followed by military.
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    Education
    It would be neat to have an interactive education career. And interactive school for kids and teens would be great, too.
    giphy.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Education
    I would love teachers in game. I would love more careers generally though, particularly more 'normal' ones.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Education
    I'm a teacher, of course I'll go with education. I really wish they bring back more common careers like teacher and lawyer in general, and above that, we're lacking blue collar jobs. More of those please

(Also, we already have journalists. They're a branch of the writing career ;) )
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I wish there were some way that our sims could run a vendor food stall too!

Well, I build my sim a food truck with picnic tables outside. Even though I had to have a chef, host and waitperson, it seemed like a bigger, better food stall. You could just knock down Waterside Warble or the Old Salt House in the Spice Market and make it part of the food scene.

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    All of them should come back.
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    Isn't Journalism already in the game as a branch of the Writer career?
    Scarbo27 wrote: »

My mistake. I have a few sims who go the bestseller route. I guess I forgot about the other choice.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    I'm posting just to remember what I've voted for.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    This one here might be for the game pack
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Singer (Band?)

I thought that career was for writing books.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Acting/Show Business
    Hard to pick just one. Showbiz might already be covered by music/comedian, but if the career would include more features than going to a rabbit hole, it would be fun. Also would like Journalism, Military and Education. It's good to have more regular jobs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Law, Dentistry, Education, Food and Nutrition, Marine Biology and Conservation
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

About level 5 or so it branches -- you can either go the author route and write books or journalist where you intervew Sims then write positive or negagive articles about them, and that affects your relationship with them a tiny bit as well as getting money.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    Singer/band assuming we could actually combine the instruments and players.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Paranormal
    I'd love to see a counselor/therapist.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a counselor/therapist.

Wow, I never thought of that. They'd have to describe the different jobs without making fun of clients. But I think you've come up with something completely new for the Sims franchise.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Education
    Educations is really missing.
    But I also miss acting and military (though I'm really glad astronaut is a separate career, it's my favorite)
    As for careers not listed: I liked the adventurer career and Oceanography from sims 2 (added seasons and freetime)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    High profile, famous jobs seem to be interesting people. Which is cool because I want that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Singer (Band?)
    marcel21 wrote: »

About level 5 or so it branches -- you can either go the author route and write books or journalist where you intervew Sims then write positive or negagive articles about them, and that affects your relationship with them a tiny bit as well as getting money.

thanks, good to know :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    I so want the fashion career. If they already have the option in the game to select a random sim on the closet to change their outfit then it should be easy to manipulate a fashion stylist. Maybe even a hairdresser or makeup artist for the vanity mirror. It sucks that did not have an option to makeover a sim.