Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Can anyone here who has been on a plane explain basically what it's like/what happens from when you get to the airport to when you board the plane? I need this for a chapter. But i have no knowledge of airports having never been to one :lol:

From my experience...it's very stressful!

You generally need to go print off or hand in your tickets, check your luggage in to security and hand them over, then go through security yourself with any bags you're carrying onto the plane. Generally you're allowed one small suitcase (backpack size) and a purse on the plane. Most air ports don't allow water bottles through, and of course no sharp items like nail scissors. Then once you're through the security gates there are usually gift shops where you can buy water again if you need it, and beyond the gift shops are the departure gates with lines and lines of seats for people to wait in. :)

There's a constant buzz of people over PA systems announcing stuff for delays, departures, arrivals, etc.

At the end of your flight you generally just go to baggage claim to get your suitcases back, and then a security check point and you're free!

From my experience that's only if you're flying internationally since back before 9/11 I went to NYC w/ Mom and as far as I remember we didn't need to check with security on the way home (of course I was only about 9 at the time).

True, the security measures are a bit different whether you're flying out of your country or not, and as far as I've heard different countries have different measures.

It also depends on the passport you have. Some passports are weaker than others, and it is also illegal to use a different passport when entering and leaving certain countries if you hold more than one passport:

An example is my South African friend. He has an NZ and an SA passport. When entering/leaving SA he MUST use his SA passport or risk being turned away or worse, a fine/imprisonment. This forces him to use the SA passport when he enters NZ from an SA flight and it makes the waiting times... problematic most of the times - kiwis just fly past in their own queue - thankfully he only needs it to travel to SA and has a much easier time of things when he travels to other countries on the NZ passport.

they can imprison him for having a passport?
    google made me smile. they did a moving mister rogers theme. memories.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Can anyone here who has been on a plane explain basically what it's like/what happens from when you get to the airport to when you board the plane? I need this for a chapter. But i have no knowledge of airports having never been to one :lol:

From my experience...it's very stressful!

You generally need to go print off or hand in your tickets, check your luggage in to security and hand them over, then go through security yourself with any bags you're carrying onto the plane. Generally you're allowed one small suitcase (backpack size) and a purse on the plane. Most air ports don't allow water bottles through, and of course no sharp items like nail scissors. Then once you're through the security gates there are usually gift shops where you can buy water again if you need it, and beyond the gift shops are the departure gates with lines and lines of seats for people to wait in. :)

There's a constant buzz of people over PA systems announcing stuff for delays, departures, arrivals, etc.

At the end of your flight you generally just go to baggage claim to get your suitcases back, and then a security check point and you're free!

From my experience that's only if you're flying internationally since back before 9/11 I went to NYC w/ Mom and as far as I remember we didn't need to check with security on the way home (of course I was only about 9 at the time).

True, the security measures are a bit different whether you're flying out of your country or not, and as far as I've heard different countries have different measures.

It also depends on the passport you have. Some passports are weaker than others, and it is also illegal to use a different passport when entering and leaving certain countries if you hold more than one passport:

An example is my South African friend. He has an NZ and an SA passport. When entering/leaving SA he MUST use his SA passport or risk being turned away or worse, a fine/imprisonment. This forces him to use the SA passport when he enters NZ from an SA flight and it makes the waiting times... problematic most of the times - kiwis just fly past in their own queue - thankfully he only needs it to travel to SA and has a much easier time of things when he travels to other countries on the NZ passport.

they can imprison him for having a passport?

They can if he uses a passport other than his SA one when he's entering/leaving SA. I can't imagine that imprisonment would be very common, but a fine would certainly be on the cards.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Chapter 12 of The Diversity Club is up. This one is short but i mean... I don't know what else to say. :lol:
    Anyway, here it is.
    https://thediversityclubsims4.wordpress.com/2018/09/21/chapter-12-airport/
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    edited September 2018
    i got to be one of those people who actually does stuff whats that word again.................oh yeah adult. :'( but i had 2 drumsticks of the ice cream variety. so not all bad. be back tomorrow.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Karilan I took the test before and I got Agatha Christie. My results were the same this time. I'm flattered. I really admire Agatha Christie's work. :blush:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @Karilan I took the test before and I got Agatha Christie. My results were the same this time. I'm flattered. I really admire Agatha Christie's work. :blush:

Yay, me too! We must have similar writing styles then. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Anyone interested in Mary Poppins Returns movie coming out this Dec?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    edited September 2018
    Another chapter for Gallows Rock is online.

19.jpg

Sorry for the full-sized screenshot but I just love Cahir's face so much.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Does anyone ever read stuff they wrote a while back and think, I don't remember this at all? I wrote this? What?

I do this all the time ! It's kind of a cool feeling !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hey all! Here for my check in and guess what..... I finally have an update on my McGinnis Legacy.

Chapter 2.19 Today's the Day...
    Wedding%2BMorning%2B3.png

I am feeling happy and content that there is another chapter done. And hopefully this means there will be little Generation 3 nooboos soon!!! :)
    Hope anyone who is following reads and enjoys :smiley:
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Does anyone ever read stuff they wrote a while back and think, I don't remember this at all? I wrote this? What?

I do this all the time ! It's kind of a cool feeling !

i do but not as much as i used to because i always think it could be better.

i ggot to do a little shopping tuesday forgot the most important part of macoroni salad................macaroni. i forgot it went bad 2 weeks ago.
    edited September 2018
    So anyone who grew up on Mary Poppins was introduced to Vaudeville jokes in the Uncle Albert Scene but you had no clue at the time. (wooden leg, Cat one, pillow one, and the watch factory one and the underwear one -if anyone needs me to repeat the jokes to remind you please do)
    6adMCGP.gif

Actually yes! @LegacySims2017 started reading Grace and all the notifications inspired me to go back and read the early generations.

There are soooo many plot holes and possibilities I didn’t wrap up, and a few chapters I honestly don’t recall writing lol!

What have you been revisiting?

I've been reading an earlier chapter from my legacy too, it wasn't even that far back. It was the latest gen. Yet the whole thing was unrecognisable. Did I write it while I was falling asleep?? xD

@BlackUndecimber Yeah and I realise how much I've regressed. :joy:

Don't say that! Some of my favourite chapters in Friends of Foes are recent ones :)

pronterus wrote: »

Me when reading the earlier chapters of my current story. :lol:

Also that one time when I found my old writings from my edgelord days in high school and wondered who wrote it, but then I cringed in the end :lol:

:D I'm somewhat glad my old stories are lost in multiple moves across the Pacific Ocean, or I'd be cringing as well. Or burning them in my back yard. Whatever saves my sanity xD
    rednenemon wrote: »

Pretty much all the time.

It's happening to me right now.

I guess it's a fact of life lol...

Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey..

Hiya Bugsie, how are you doing?
    Hey..

Hiya Bugsie, how are you doing?

Good. Sending Cog tumblr asks....the responses are too great. :lol:

Aw thanks @Bugsie2016 and @BlackUndecimber .

I don't know. I'm my worst critic. :D

Hehe I'm loving the asks too. XD

i still get shocked people read the benders.

What? They do? :o

Hehehe, nah, you know I love them. <3

How can you not love the Benders? They're menaces to you, but they're delightful to us. XD

you take that back they aren't menaces .did i mention i'm protective of them so i'm a lioness and you just picked on my babies.

i feel a little bad cause after this i never saw cog the rest of the night. but yesterday i told cathtea after 2 years the benders are a part of me me. the noisey demanding part.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hello everyone! How's it going? :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!

I'm just playing around on the computer since it's several more hours till we leave. I just learned from Mom that the Mary Poppins Jokes from the original Mary Poppins movie- are similar to jokes that would have been told on the Vaudeville circuit during the 1900s.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hi...

I'm just playing around on the computer since it's several more hours till we leave. I just learned from Mom that the Mary Poppins Jokes from the original Mary Poppins movie- are similar to jokes that would have been told on the Vaudeville circuit during the 1900s.

Oh, cool. I'm doing... honestly, absolutely nothing. Jamming to K-pop. Anyone here ever heard of Got7? :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    Hi...

Hey bugsie
    37oYgl3.png
    Hi...

Hi Bugsie!

Hi everyone else!

Oh, cool. I'm doing... honestly, absolutely nothing. Jamming to K-pop. Anyone here ever heard of Got7? :smiley:

@squirrelwithacup... are you... squirreling around?

What? No! And you're nuts to think that...
    37oYgl3.png

What? No! And you're nuts to think that...

You would know... you're the squirrel. Lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top