Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Origin Codes Cheap on Ebay?

I was looking on ebay for Sims 3 expansion packs and I noticed that there are sellers with positive feedback who actually sell Origin key codes for Sims 3 expansion packs for around 10 dollars and under. How is it possible?... Personally, I am not interested in downloading the games via Origin. I'd like to get a physical copy. Just pure curiousity...

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I've heard that sometimes people buy a new game and find the code is already used. But otherwise I have no idea. Origin used to sell the codes like this but I've heard they don't any more.
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    According to feedback the codes actually work, how strange.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited May 2015

They probably do work. Maybe people bought bulk codes from Origin at some stage and are now selling them.

The thing is I remember someone saying if you buy a new game sometimes the code is already used and the thought is these are the codes being sold.

I've no experience of it,

But having said that when there was a sale on Sims 3 recently at my local games store I bought some disks for the games I got digitally so I now have a few codes I don't need as I can install from disk and use my original codes,.
    Karritz wrote: »

They probably do work. Maybe people bought bulk codes from Origin at some stage and are now selling them.

The thing is I remember someone saying if you buy a new game sometimes the code is already used and the thought is these ate the codes being sold.

Oh I see, interesting! Thank you for the information :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Amazon sells codes for Sims3 games on Origin. Those sellers probably are getting them the same way Amazon does.
    I wonder, though, how come they sell it so cheap compared to amazon and steam.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    There was a time last year the Sims 3 base game was on sale for $4.99USD. I would guess a lot of people bought and stocked up for resale.
  • tetokill568tetokill568 Posts: 1 New Member
    ;) :s :s DONT BUY FROM EBAY!!!! ORGIN WILL DELETE YOUR DLC AND SAY SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK>>>>
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's please be mindful not to post in all caps, it sounds like you're SHOUTING.

I'd also ask we keep our discussions to active threads. This one's from 2015 and at this point is almost 3.5 years old.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2018
    Edit Oops, disregard.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top